Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video: 10 Worst Low Blows In Boxing History

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Video: 10 Worst Low Blows In Boxing History

vCash

Re: Video: 10 Worst Low Blows In Boxing History

eleven low blows by Al Bummy Davis on Fritzie Zivic in 1941 caused a riot and brought a "lifetime" ban of Davis by the New York Commission. The ban was lifted in 1942 when (by then) soldier Davis' purse for a Zivic return match was donated by Mike Jacobs and the New York Commission to the "Army Emergency Relief Fund." Davis ring behavior was under great scrutiny the rest of his career. Ironically, Zivic perpetrated the whole incident by lacing, butting and choking Davis before Bummy retaliated.

vCash

I cannot recall the particulars in a wild foul incident that took place back in the 1930s at the LA Olympic when a manager whose fighter was being accused of hiting below the belt during the bout, hauled off and kicked his fighter in the crotch while the kid was seated on his stool in the corner between rounds.

The point he tried to prove was that the protective cup absorbed the shock of a kick in the scrotum. The manager won out and the bout continued without further interruption.

I tell you we had it all in California boxing at one time.

hap navarro

vCash

Jerry Quarry land a mean one against Rany Neuman in their bout. I thought the world of Jerry, but he should have be disqualifieid for that one. I believe, not certain, that Neuman was ahead on points going into the round.

+ Reply to Thread