+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eddie " the Animal " Lopez

kikibalt

Eddie " the Animal " Lopez

Where is the animal?, i hope he's not back in jail

Frank B.

Rudyrooter
    Hi Mr Baltazar,

You know a few years ago, the guy that trained me said he ran into The Animal in New York. He was still talking about making a comeback.

On a different note. Do you recall a guy named Norman Buzzsaw Parra who fought at the Olympic during the late 60"s. He beat a young kid named Larry Flores as a pro. He also fought Jose Potillo Lopez for the state title at the Olympic too. He was my coach and you may of spoken to him during some of our trip from San Diego to fight in the LA area. They called him, Bumpy.

Also email me at rudyrooter@aol.com I want to shot you a picture to post for me.

Take care,

Rudy

kikibalt
    Hi Rudy
    Of course i remember Norman Parra, i seen him fight a few times, an i also remember Larry Flores who had so many fights
    as a young kid that when he turn pro he was burnt out
    Johnny Flores brother Julio was Larry dad

Frank B.

olympic auditorium
    Frank I just finished seeing some sparring between Frankie and Oscar Muniz do you recall some of this sparring?

kikibalt
    Olympic
    No i don't remember, what year was this? and where did you get it from? what gym was this at?

Frank B.

vCash

Re: Eddie " the Animal " Lopez

My Uncle Eddie is doing fine...........and NO he is not in jail! Even when down on his luck............He's one BAAAAADDDD CHICANO! He is the original "ANIMAL" ..!...long before TYSON ...MY UNCLE was biting ears!!!

BYAAAH!!!!

His favorite niece!
    Dez
    I love you UNC

vCash

Dez, here is your uncle, Eddie " the Animal " Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Dez Lopez
    My Uncle Eddie is doing fine...........and NO he is not in jail! Even when down on his luck............He's one BAAAAADDDD CHICANO! He is the original "ANIMAL" ..!...long before TYSON ...MY UNCLE was biting ears!!!

BYAAAH!!!!

His favorite niece!
    Dez
    I love you UNC

vCash

Want to see a great heavyweight fight?

Leon Spinks - Eddie "The Animal" Lopez. Without the headbutt Lopez would've gotten the decision.

vCash

I saw Eddie the Animal fight undefeated Tony Tucker at Caesars Palace -- an undercard fight to Hearns-Duran. My memory is a little fuzzy, but that was a hard fight for Tucker, who got roughed up pretty good before scoring a TKO in Round 9. I believe the fight was stopped on cuts. It was that fight that led me to lay the lumber when Tyson fought Tucker in the unification series. This bout didn't play out as I expected, but I got the candy. I never knew why this was Lopez's last fight (jail??) -- he still had some good paydays ahead of him. He was really ahead of his time in the sense that a rough-and-tumble Hispanic heavyweight has a much bigger upside nowadays if his manager moves him properly.

+ Reply to Thread