Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC 140

vCash

UFC 140

What a brutal night of violence.

I am debating who wakes up more sore Sunday morning - Big Nog with his freshly snapped arm or Tito and his chest full of broken ribs.

The knockouts were impressive, Hominick walking into a right hand and being punched down in 7 seconds, Sos getting it handed to him from Pokrajac - pretty definative nights action in Canada.

Jones looked utterly scary, that choke was nasty and the walk off after having 5 minutes being pretty well confused with Machida's style was scary stuff.

Pretty amazing run for the UFC this year, hopefully the rumours of Overeem pissing hot are not true and the year finishes with a bang on the 30th.

White announced a 125lbs division at the press conference and I get to see the first champ crowned at a tourney here in Australia March 3rd.

vCash

Re: UFC 140

I missed this one unfortunately! But caught the Machida finish on youtube. It was brutal. Only Henderson (who other than a wild right doesn't stand much chance) and Rashad and Jones has pretty much already cleaned house at LHW! Unfortunately for Jones, I think a man named Junior is all wrong for him and would knock him cold in the first if they met, otherwise Jones could probably hold his own even at HW and be competitive up there. Doesn't appear anyone at LHW is even near his level and to think he is still raw as hell!

125lb division, nice one!

vCash

Re: UFC 140

There's a rather significant gap between the LHW's and HW's in terms of size, power, strength. I don't think it would be an easy task at all. If he cleans house he might not have much of a choice if he wants to challenge himself. At this point the top dogs JDS, Cain, Overeem etc would be too much.... but give it a fair few years and the time to put on some quality muscle mass... and see what happens. Who knows how far he can go.

+ Reply to Thread