Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mosley V Alvarez

vCash

Mosley V Alvarez

This has the potential to be a real snoozer. Alvarez has a marked lack of punch output and Mosley can barely pull the trigger. Two big names, but could be one of the biggest disappointments if these two guys just watch eachother for 12 rounds.

At least Quillin should put on a good performance against Winky. He definately has the fan friendly style and skill to be a very good MW champ, although guys like Geale, Proksa, Martinez et al are sure to make it hard for him down the road.

vCash

Re: Mosley V Alvarez

Quote Originally Posted by The Welterweight Epitome View Post
    This has the potential to be a real snoozer. Alvarez has a marked lack of punch output and Mosley can barely pull the trigger. Two big names, but could be one of the biggest disappointments if these two guys just watch eachother for 12 rounds.

At least Quillin should put on a good performance against Winky. He definately has the fan friendly style and skill to be a very good MW champ, although guys like Geale, Proksa, Martinez et al are sure to make it hard for him down the road.
    I think Alvarez has some real potential. He is very relaxed in the ring. He seem's to be one of those guys that's only going to get up for fights where he is really challenged. In his last few performances he has asserted his control and dominance with ease but showed very little sense of urgency and seemed content to simply go through the motions.

Mosley just isn't pulling the trigger anymore. People cling onto the Margarito victory as something indicative of Shane having something left but that was 3 years ago and even then he was able to triumph with what he had left because his opponent was there to be hit. This will be a terrible fight.

vCash

Terrible - when exactly is Alvarez going to fight somebody with a pulse? And this man is supposed to be a 'world champion'? Urgh?

Shane Mosley is going to end up badly brain damaged after his career ends I'm afraid, he's looked & sounded somewhat impaired for quite a while now and he won't give it up.

Administrator
    vCash

Borrrrr-rrrrring
    Alvarez is pretty hittable but Mosley has been too slow to the trigger for too long now to take advantage.
    Alvarez is far from a speed demon but his power and confidence will make Mosley second guess himself.
    I don't believe even Mosley thinks he can win this fight. He is honest with himself to a fault.
    I guess this fight was inevitable.

Look at it this way - at least 2013 has a head start on being a better year of boxing based on this year's match-ups so far.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Overhand_Right View Post
    Terrible - when exactly is Alvarez going to fight somebody with a pulse?
    I don't agree with that. Alvarez is a kid with no amateur background, he is still well and truly learning his craft and in all probability just a shell of what he could potentially develop into. Of course he wants to step it up slowly before he goes for well schooled amateurs or professionals like Lara and Cotto respectively.

That said, I tend to think this will be a snoozer and I don't like Alvarez at all as far as his personality.

vCash

Tough shit if he's a kid with no amateur background, he's supposed to be a 'world champion' - he should be defending against world class opponents. This is defence number FOUR now and still record padding. Its fucking pathetic.

vCash

Alvarez probably wins a decision because he's strong and fast and young. But Mosley has a ton of experience, and though he's not as fast or as active as he once was, the veteran still has a little something left, so don't think this will be a total walkover by any means. Agree with those who think this might be a somewhat cautious boxing match. But both these guys can hit, so expect some big shots to land here and there. But not a good enough fight to make me purchase the PPV.

vCash

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Mosley has next to nothing left. He isn't a technically great fighter, he never had the best skills as a BOXER. He has always been a boxer with great physical gifts, mental fortitude, and durability. A fighter more than a boxer.

vCash

This is why boxing can't get out of its own way. Mosley? Now they talk about Winky Wright vs. Peter Quillen (and Quillen is not exactly a ball of fire). Promoters have to rid themselves of yesterday's fighters and move along. Delvin Rodiguez or Gabriel Rosado would have been much better choices to fight Canelo. People are going to buy the PPV based on Mayweather vs. Cotto plus the Mexicans will buy Canelo vs. anybody. Why waste good money on Mosley when Delvin Rodriguez or Rosado would have been much cheaper and more energetic. What happened to Golden Boy's claims they were going to give us good undercards on PPV shows? Just more BS!

vCash

Why waste good money on Mosley>>

a win over the name of mosley builds canelo more.

vCash

Exactly jlupi, it's not like it hasn't been done for generations. I just hope the fight doesn't turn out how you would imagine, low output from Canelo and trigger shy from Shane.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlupi View Post
    Why waste good money on Mosley>>

a win over the name of mosley builds canelo more.
    Marginally at best.
    He would be better off blowing out some gatekeeper who comes to fight than a boring decision over a gun-shy vet who has had 1 watchable fight in the past 7 years.

vCash

Gotta disagree respectfully dig.

I still think Mosley would take out any gatekeeper at 154 (which was probably what you (most) would call Cintron). He has looked shocking against Mayweather and Pacquiao, not hard to do if your not a great fighter AND at the top of your game.

+ Reply to Thread