Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vitaly - Chisora

vCash

Re: Chisora slaps Vitaly at weigh in.

Vitali is really getting old before our eyes.

vCash

Old, but still winning well. He's quite effective on the back foot. Vut, he shouldn't be allowing Chisora to push him back so easily.

vCash

I'll give that 8th to Chisora, he landed some huge flush shots on Vitali's chin, Vitali's looking tired and his punches are slow telegraphed and sloppy at this point,

vCash

Vitali is looking tire. Chisora is starting to land some good shots.

vCash

I gave Vitali the last two rounds. Chisora is not stepping up.

vCash

What do you know, another awful Klitschko fight in the books, I bet Haye will really want this fight now.

vCash

Fight is over. Vitali wins. Wlad looks pissed.

vCash

Chisora tried hard. Well beaten. Those English commentators haven't a fucking clue. Chisora maybe won two rds at best.

vCash

Vitali starting to look his age ... Chisora applied good pressure early ... had a few of the better rounds ever seen v.s. Vitali including the last against an exremely tired Vitali but still lost 8 to four ... Vitali forced to back up and fight out of his usual pace ... if Chisora was more experienced he could have possibly won the fight ... if Vitali keeps it up he will ose soon ... Chisora took his shot without even blinking ..

vCash

Chisora made Vitali work tonight. He just couldn't take it to the next level.

vCash

1) - RESPECT to Chisora the fighter, still an arse as a man, TWICE!!!

2) - 15 rounder could have been diff, Chisora looked as though he could 've lasted 20, Klit was running out of puff!!!

3) - Haye Should Have/Could Have beat the Klits, I think this proves he can - So Long As He FIGHTS.

4) - We NEED a SUPER - HEAVYWEIGHT Division!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Fight!

vCash

Oh if Chisora could punch. If he had power to go with his fearlessness and workrate. So Vitali had his hardest night since Lennox with the only man in his 20s who was in shape and could work that he has boxed since.... Byrd in 2000. Can there be any doubt this man would have been chewed up in other eras?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walshb View Post
    Have you been on the sauce?
    Eat your words walshy! In Vit's own words post fight, 'my hardest fight since Lennox Lewis'.

Oh if only he could hit!

vCash

This man is 40 years of age. And still he clearly beat Chisora. Wasn't remotely close. Punch or not, Vit has a solid beard.

Peak Viali competes in ANY era, and is very competitive too.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Overhand_Right View Post
    Eat your words walshy! In Vit's own words post fight, 'my hardest fight since Lennox Lewis'.

Oh if only he could hit!
    Eat what? You said Chisora would win... Lay off the sauce, it's affecting your comprehension.

Edit: To be fair to you you never said "Chisora will win," you implied he would win.
    Last edited by walshb; 02-18-2012 at 09:03 PM.

vCash

Anyone who thought that the bout was in any way close needs their head examined.
    Last edited by walshb; 02-18-2012 at 09:02 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jim glen View Post
    13) - Haye Should Have/Could Have beat the Klits, I think this proves he can - So Long As He FIGHTS.
    !
    Haye had his shot and failed miserably. As long as he fights? He wasn't let fight because Wlad was just too good for him. Haye is nothing approaching a great HW. He was simply exposed when he stepped up, and that will never change.
    Last edited by walshb; 02-18-2012 at 09:53 PM.

vCash

Agree with the note on the english commentary someone made. I remember when Haye was fighting John Ruiz.... the level of hype they were producing over Haye beating a real solid heavyweight and thus proving himself was ridiculous.

These fights are so depressing. Where are the natural heavyweights, lean, mean, with decent speed, power, conditioning, and most importantly tight fundementals. The skill level and conditioning level at Heavyweight is absolutely horrific.

vCash

2) - 15 rounder could have been diff, Chisora looked as though he could 've lasted 20, Klit was running out of puff!!!

3) - Haye Should Have/Could Have beat the Klits, I think this proves he can - So Long As He FIGHTS.

Good Fight!
    I don't think we need a super heavyweight division. Once we get up around the 210-220 pound mark size can be offset in various ways and size carries other constraints. How many super heavyweights have super heavyweight FRAMES. More often than not its added muscle mass and fat if not JUST Fat. Vitali and Wlad are big boys and there aren't the skilled, fast, well conditioned heavys around the 220 mark of yesteryear to take them apart. I'm not sure if a super heavyweight division should be established due to the absence of quality opposition at heavyweight and thus lack of competition. What the boxing world needs and in the U.S especially is real quality amateur programs and gyms churning out well schooled heavies.
    Last edited by JaKob; 02-18-2012 at 09:45 PM.

vCash

vCash

I find ir astonishing that Hane, who has established nothing is on the verge of another title fight ... either Aerolla or Chisora would wipe the floor with him but this bullshit artist, who did nothing aganist Wlad, is lined up for another shot ? How pathetic ..

vCash

Good Fight!
    Super HW Division? Chisora is the same size as Jack Johnson but just carrying a lot more bulk/fat, with about 1/40th the skills of the Galveston Giant, and he gave Vitali a fairly competitive fight . . .a Tim Witherspoon would've beaten Vitali, let alone Johnson or a multitude of other smaller greats.

vCash

This man is 40 years of age. And still he clearly beat Chisora. Wasn't remotely close. Punch or not, Vit has a solid beard.

Peak Viali competes in ANY era, and is very competitive too.
    What do you consider very competitive?

I see a big, durable man, who knows how to use his size and has been consistent and in condition year in and year out. A dedicated professional. Beyond that his skillset is nothing special and he is relatively ponderous, cumbersome, and there to be hit.

His brother is quite different. Far from durable and not cut from the same cloth mentally as his brother. Yet a far better puncher, more fluid, coordinated, and skilled across the board.

They are big guys that know how to use their size yet both have their own huge faults. What sets them apart is not just size and the ability to use it but also their professionalism. In shape, consistent, well conditioned..... somewhat of a rarity in these times of fat, crude heavies and bloated cruisers.

vCash

I would consider both Klits a peak to be the top HWs in any era. Maybe not number 1 across thre board, but certainly top 5 in any era, and possible champs too. I agree that Wlad is the overall better boxer. They do not excite me, and nor are either in my top ten list of great HWs, but to deny that both men would not be real threats in any era is a bit off to me.
    Last edited by walshb; 02-19-2012 at 07:50 AM.

vCash

vCash

The Klitschko boys would be in too deep a water in other eras, when a hard pace, good chin and serious punch power were common traits in all contenders. They cannot handle pace. The fact is whether the man is fat and 40 (Lewis, Sanders), or young and reasonably fit (Chisora, Byrd), if they push Vitali and make he work he looks so uncomfortable. Chisora gave him a very hard fight and if Chisora could whack God only knows what might have unfolded. remember when Sanders nailed Vitali and he literally ran backwards right across the ring in terror?

As for the post fight melee and David Haye's cheap cowardly shot on Chisora's chin, the swinging the TRIPOD (!!) and then Adam Booth calling Bonte "a bitch", the pair are pathetic and need to vanish from boxing before they further embarrass themselves. Let's hope Haye doesn't con his way into another big fight, or injure another little toe.

vCash

Well, Vitali today would struggle to be competitive in any era. But, Viali from his best years would be competitive and a possible champion across any era. The man is 41 in 6 months time. Still too good for any HW today. That does tell us that today's scene is very ordinary.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Overhand_Right View Post
    The Klitschko boys would be in too deep a water in other eras, when a hard pace, good chin and serious punch power were common traits in all contenders. They cannot handle pace. The fact is whether the man is fat and 40 (Lewis, Sanders), or young and reasonably fit (Chisora, Byrd), if they push Vitali and make he work he looks so uncomfortable. Chisora gave him a very hard fight and if Chisora could whack God only knows what might have unfolded. remember when Sanders nailed Vitali and he literally ran backwards right across the ring in terror?

As for the post fight melee and David Haye's cheap cowardly shot on Chisora's chin, the swinging the TRIPOD (!!) and then Adam Booth calling Bonte "a bitch", the pair are pathetic and need to vanish from boxing before they further embarrass themselves. Let's hope Haye doesn't con his way into another big fight, or injure another little toe.

Agree...
    change my RESPECT to complete DISREGARD!!!

it's not bad enough that one English representative shows the getto mentality which is reflective of the British psyche, but TWO of them and many of their team completely degrade the nation further yet...

Sean Connery years ago compared Scotland football team to the Brazilians, he stated "a team that IS the best in the world to a team that THINKS their the best in the world...

this IS whats wrong with most Brits in general, last night was pathetic.
    just think how the Klitscho's and the rest of the sporting world laughed and shook their head in disgust!!!

OH and BTW, Frank Warren should honestly be afraid, he is a disgrace to the sport, years ago Promoters got away with such shit, even though everybody on the inside knew what was going on -

but today there is too much transparency and everybody is sick of the B.S, this is why the Boxing Boards should make the fights and state WHO IS FIGHTING WHO.

turn it into a Sport, this could actually get serious, this is Steet mentality!!!
    Last edited by jim glen; 02-19-2012 at 11:01 AM.

vCash

Well, Vitali today would struggle to be competitive in any era. But, Viali from his best years would be competitive and a possible champion across any era. The man is 41 in 6 months time. Still too good for any HW today. That does tell us that today's scene is very ordinary.
    I know what you mean walshy but, realistically, the man who in his biggest and most important fights fought Chris Byrd, Lennox Lewis and Corrie Sanders does not look to me like a top 5 guy in any era unless it is particularly weak. And the 'current' Vitali, who looks to me the same as he ever was, who fought Shannon Briggs and Chisora would be in trouble against more dangerous crops.

vCash

In my eyes I see a clear distinction between Vitaly and Wlad.

Wlad has lost badly to three guys who where never top 10 matieral in Ross Purrity, Sandes, and Brewster. Struggled badly against Sam Peter and Davaryl Williamson. Wlad is a guy who offensivley because of his size, athletisicm, and power is quite dangerous but simply doesnt have the whiskers nor the mental make up of a great fighter. He is lucky to be fighting in todays era.

Vitaly is a different story all together. He has crushed everyone that he has faced and had one shot at the best heavy in recent history in Lennox Lewis and was very competative. Fought on with a face that looked like hamburger meat and gave Lennox quite a scare. I understand that Lewis was older and was not in great shape but Vitlay proved that he could be at least be competative with an all time great. I think it is time we give this man his due. I think Vitaly would be hell to deal with in any era because of his size, streangth, chin, discipline, and unorthodox style. He isnt pretty to watch but he knows how to use his God given gifts.

I think it is unfair to cast a negative light on Vitaly after winning comfortably against a top contender when he is almost 41 years of age.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast