Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloud-Campillo

vCash

Cloud-Campillo

Well, I'm going to say something that I almost considered sacrilege a few years ago, but, I'm tired of bullshit decisions like this...it is too common in the sport nowaday's...when's the next MMA showdown?

vCash

Re: Cloud-Campillo

Campillo was robbed big time!...

vCash

Campillo completely exposed Cloud for what we knew he was, a limited front runner who freezes when his opponent is punching and can't adapt.

I really enjoyed watching campillo fight, he's got a great style, good timing, good punch variety, he does a lot of stuff really well in there,

Disgusting decision, he completely shut cloud out

vCash

chuck giampa called the two judges that scored the fight for cloud inexperienced. thats bullshit. my 3 yr. old grand daughter could have picked the winner in this one. this was flat out corruption........ i have had it with this shit. this sport is commiting suicide.

greg

vCash

I like Cloud and wanted him to win. However, he was clearly beaten by Campillo last night. At best he won 3 rounds IMO. A flat out robbery.

vCash

Also, showtime commentators tried to make it seem like, for Campillo, the first round was absolutely as bad as it gets for a boxer, but both times he was down Campillo got up strong and he never really looked hurt to me, although he was a little rubber-legged at the beginning, but hurt, hanging on for dear life he was not! I'd like to start a thread in that Boxers of the Past forum and compile a list of piss-poor decisions over the last couple of decades and list the judges scorecards in those bouts...I would bet that some judges have a history of bad decisions! Can you imagine being Campillo? The kid fought his heart out only to be shat on! I read another forum where several people said they could see Cloud winning the fight...how in the world can that be justified? One round, a 10-7 compared to at least 10 rounds for the other fighter does not a close fight make!

vCash

Wev'e heard of "The decline and fall of Rome ", well this is another overt example of the decline and fall of boxing...This time I COULDN"T believe the horrendous decision rendered by the "so called judges ". The decision was so breathtakingly bad ,that even Cloud's MOM FAINTED !. I hate to say this, but their is now more integrity in MMA, than in today's boxing. Ah, for the good old days of the 1940s at MSG...

vCash

beaujack - You mean the good ol days in the 40's like Jake Lamotta taking a dive against Billy Fox so he could get a shot at the title for example? The sport hasn't evolved since then - there's just fewer fighters for us to enjoy because no one seems able to organise the sport properly.

FYI - UFC 144 in Japan is on this weekend and it is quite a stacked card for those wanting a look. To be fair - MMA has judges appointed by the same Sanctioning bodies as boxing and they're often as inept.

That said - I watched some highlights as we couldn't get the fight down here in Oz and I felt sick for Campillo - When will officials be made accountable for their actions?

That's the sort of fight where the three judges should be made to read their own scores out to the fighters faces and see if they can look them in the eye as they announce their scores.

Sickening.

Administrator
    vCash

Whaaaat BULLSHIT!!
    Cloud is fun to watch but it was only a matter of time before he was taken apart by someone with a little skill.
    I hope we get to see Campillo again somehow. He kind of pushes his punches in a weird way but other than that, what's not to like about this guy?
    It is so sad that we know the joke of boxing well enough that just as sure as every combination rattling off Cloud's face all night long, we knew this poor guy was going to get robbed at the end of the night.
    Just like doomed said - when are these jerk offs going to be made accountable for this bullshit? Why pay these shitheads to fuck up our sport?
    The end of this fight deserved the riot that Chisora had.

vCash

BTW... what was behind chris arreola calling don king a racist the other night ?

greg

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gregbeyer View Post
    BTW... what was behind chris arreola calling don king a racist the other night ?

greg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GBEoJccxoE

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlupi View Post
    I don't like Chris A. but he was right by calling King a racist!!

vCash

Cloud's stock has just plummeted. He will not want a rematch because he just got owned and exposed. Campillo would do exactly the same thing next time, only he would be a bit more cautious in the first round and not get dropped, and with fair judges the decision would go to Campillo. To paraphrase the great Lou Duva after the Whitaker-Chavez bout, - we always seem to get these types of decisions when Don King is involved. When King's guys are fighting, you always have to hold your breath when the decision is announced. How is it that two of the judges had only one prior title fight under their belt? This is in part why so many are disgusted with this sport. When the 18-0 Patriots get beat in the Supberbowl, they get beat and that's that. There isn't some ref or judge there to save them and give them the game anyway. It's about the integrity of the sport. Boxing is a sport with little integrity, and hence little public confidence, which affects attendance and interest. Why do you think other sports have commissioners who scrupulously and tirelessly protect the integrity of their sport? Because they realize that is important for the continued financial success of their sport as a whole. Boxing lacks this type of macro thinking.

I scored the bout:

1 - TC (10-7)
    2 - CAM
    3 - CAM
    4 - TC
    5 - Even or CAM
    6 - Even
    7 - CAM
    8 - CAM
    9 - CAM
    10 - CAM
    11 - Even
    12 - Even or TC

I had it 116-114 Campillo.

Even if you bent over backwards to give Cloud every single close round (the ones I had even - which arguably could have gone to Campillo too), it would still be 114-112 Cloud, which is what Elizondo had. However, 116-110 Cloud, which is what David Robertson had, is absolutely unconscionable. There were too many rounds that Campillo clearly dominated to give those rounds to Cloud.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by apollack View Post
    Cloud's stock has just plummeted. He will not want a rematch because he just got owned and exposed. Campillo would do exactly the same thing next time, only he would be a bit more cautious in the first round and not get dropped, and with fair judges the decision would go to Campillo. To paraphrase the great Lou Duva after the Whitaker-Chavez bout, - we always seem to get these types of decisions when Don King is involved. When King's guys are fighting, you always have to hold your breath when the decision is announced. How is it that two of the judges had only one prior title fight under their belt? This is in part why so many are disgusted with this sport. When the 18-0 Patriots get beat in the Supberbowl, they get beat and that's that. There isn't some ref or judge there to save them and give them the game anyway. It's about the integrity of the sport. Boxing is a sport with little integrity, and hence little public confidence, which affects attendance and interest. Why do you think other sports have commissioners who scrupulously and tirelessly protect the integrity of their sport? Because they realize that is important for the continued financial success of their sport as a whole. Boxing lacks this type of macro thinking.

I scored the bout:

1 - TC (10-7)
    2 - CAM
    3 - CAM
    4 - TC
    5 - Even or CAM
    6 - Even
    7 - CAM
    8 - CAM
    9 - CAM
    10 - CAM
    11 - Even
    12 - Even or TC

I had it 116-114 Campillo.

Even if you bent over backwards to give Cloud every single close round (the ones I had even - which arguably could have gone to Campillo too), it would still be 114-112 Cloud, which is what Elizondo had. However, 116-110 Cloud, which is what David Robertson had, is absolutely unconscionable. There were too many rounds that Campillo clearly dominated to give those rounds to Cloud.
    i actually thyought the fight might be stopped or that cloud might quit at a couple of points because he was taking so many shots. and then to hear him in the interview ..... really disgusting. reminded me of vitaly pounding away on briggs.

anyway, if the fix was in it did cloud no good.

greg
    Last edited by gregbeyer; 02-22-2012 at 04:28 PM.

vCash

If Cloud were to go on and have a great career at light heavyweight, which I personally do not see happening, then this bout would be forgotten in a couple of years. Sadly, in most record books it will appear as Tavoris Cloud W PTS 12! I think it would be somewhat useful to have a list of bad decisions...especially over the past couple of decades! Just a record of the judges, promoters and other people of importance in such bouts!

+ Reply to Thread