Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Happens After We Die?

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

vCash

Re: What Happens After We Die?

Several years ago I went into a local surgical outpatient center to have my shoulder cleaned-out. In the process of prepping me for the surgery, the shoulder "block", Marcaine ( a synthetic of cocaine), was injected into my jugular, sending me bye-bye.

No tunnel, no light, no deceased relatives to greet me, and I was gone for at least three minutes.

Very disappointing to say the least ;-)

vCash

You go to Heaven or Hell depending on your relationship with Christ.

vCash

I think your dead when your dead. Heaven and hell are a crutch for not accepting the fact that life actually ends eventually, just like everything else.

EMF
    Last edited by Every Mother's Fear; 04-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Every Mother's Fear View Post
    I think your dead when your dead. Heaven and hell are a crutch for not accepting the fact that life actually ends eventually, just like everything else.

EMF
    That just may be the simplest way to look at it.

I could say that believing that there is no afterlife is just a crutch for not accepting the fact that your soul will be judged by God and sent somewhere. Heave or Hell. I could do that but, what is the point? What is your point? Why waste time living for "nothing"?

Both our views are a matter of faith. I put my faith in a book that claims to be from a perfect God who will send us to one place or the other. You put your faith of there is just "end of life" in......your own thoughts? Something you read? Popular oppinion? Because surely you have not died to tell us the true story. Why call Christianity a crutch? Lets call it what it is. A faith that you don't share. Just like your faith in "nothing" is a faith that I don't share.
    Last edited by JLP 6; 04-05-2012 at 10:09 AM.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Hateful Christians v. Kind Atheists?

http://www.oregonlive.com/living/ind...4/post_18.html

vCash

So I read that article. It seems like an article wondering aloud about Christian language. Like the uses of "religion", "grace" , or "sin". It is kind of a confusing read. It kind of talks about a confused youth, a "deeply divided Country". In the context of this conversation I am not sure how it speaks to anything about life after death.

With that said. I reread my post and even though I don't change anything in it I feel I may have put made the point a little too direct and sharp. That is my personality.

My guess is why the that last post had an attachment with the title "Hatefull Christian" in it. Has to be because I don't see how that article has anything to do with ours.

+ Reply to Thread