Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remembering Wildhawke.

vCash

Remembering Wildhawke.

Hey,

I gotta say he and I did not post much in response to each other but I remember him always being extra nice on a board with plently of nice guys. Him and Hawkins had a funny thing between them with wildhawke putting an "E" on the end of Hawkins signature name as in Hawke. I was looking through old thread and came upon his name. I looked up his profile and noticed that today two years ago was his last post. I remember when he passed a lot of people here had a ton of great things to say.

I just wanted to honor one our own guys who passed.

Thanks.

vCash

Re: Remembering Wildhawke.

Danny was an extraordinarily kind man and a great boxing fan -- he and my dad become ill with cancer around the same time. He was very supportive and I will always appreciate that.

-Peter

vCash

i did not realize he has been gone that long. danny was a classic old time boxing man. i always got a kick out of his feistiness. i shared many personal e-mails with danny and was very sad for his loss. great guy. to this day i still wish a family member could post a picture of danny. in these days of cyber space communication it is possible to build a kinship with people you might never see but i considered danny a friend and would hope that we all lift a cup or glass to his memory.

fair weather my friend.

greg

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Danny without a doubt was the most universally beloved member of this board. I miss him greatly...

GorDoom

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GorDoom View Post
    Danny without a doubt was the most universally beloved member of this board. I miss him greatly...

GorDoom
    Me too sir. I think I've been a member of this board for 10 years. Lot of great people here. He seem to be

a wise and nice person. Of all the sites I'm on. this one is more like a family. We lost one of our brothers. Gone but not forgotten.

vCash

In all my life the people that meant the most to me were the kind and understanding ones, not the tough and strong ones. All my contacts on the phone and on this board and E-mails with Danny resulted in one feeling in my heart. He always made me feel good. For that I thank him for his kindness and understanding and if all the world were like him, there would be no trouble anywhere.

Miss you Danny,

Ron

vCash

Two years! Good Lord how time flies. In this medium, decifering meaning is hard enough when all we have is the written word and politeness/rudeness is often misinterpreted also. Not with Wildhawke. I never once read anything he posted to me or others that didn't ring of him being a pure gentleman to the core. His class brought so much to the table and as we all know, the man knew his boxing, too. But the knack he had for showing kindness, compassion and grace by way of typing...thats a rare gift.

For the record, I think starting this thread displayed a good bit of class, too. Thank you JLP for reminding me of what we all lost and hopes that Danny is the gain of a better place than ours.

vCash

Danny passed on 7th May 2010 so it is almost two years ago. It is good to see that there are others who feel like I do, that still miss Danny and still remember him fondly. It is not just just on these boards either, it is clear Danny touched a lot of people all over the world and also clear hat he made a tremendous effort to keep in touch with a lot of people even right up to the end. I am sure he would be a little embarrassed at all the attention and comments he gets but also proud inside. He was a gentleman and a friend and there are not too many of those left in the world I find.

Here is a tribute to Danny that I and another chap wrote in rememberence to Danny http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/joom...l-of-fame.html

Not looking for plaudits just wanted to share.

Rest in Peace Danny

vCash

rob,

thanks for posting that. it is the first image of danny i ever saw and an answer to a request i made when he passed. it is good to put a face to that kind nature of his.... it fits him well.

greg

vCash

RIP. You are missed by all, Danny.

Respectfully,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread