Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rubin Carter vs Henry Hank at 160

vCash

Rubin Carter vs Henry Hank at 160

Surprisng these two skilled sluggers never met. In what would've truly been a great fight, who wins? Does Hank's great chin, superior upper body movement and counter-punching turn the trick, or does Carter's two fisted blitzs and superior conditioning give him the edge?

vCash

Re: Rubin Carter vs Henry Hank at 160

Tough One for sure, It would be informative to hear Jimmy Ellis's opinion on his two early career conquerors, not sure if Jimmy ever touched on their respective merits in any of his career interviews (?) at a more basic level, i doubt if Hank could "Bully" Rubin as he did the fledgling Jimmy, i suspect Rubin would actually welcome Hanks aggression, he would accept that he was in with one tough capable cat...if no "Tiger" if you know what i mean, I was very impressed indeed with the Skinny Kid Jimmy's performance against Rubin, But Rubin also impressed with a very solid Jab, it enabled him to stop Jimmy controlling long range, not exactly a secret weapon, but a covert asset Rubin was not really known for, the focus being more on the Hurricane's more spectacular punches, it will be tough but i think Rubin can use the Jab to keep Hank painfully aware that even Mid-range may be a danger zone for him, Hank's got the toughness and skills to be competitive perhaps in a rearguard fashion, with Gorilla raids and attempted ambushes, but i think the exciting short "Tempest's" that Hank unleashes will not outweigh the more Constant threat of the Hurricane, Hank brings the Storm Warning.....Rubin is the Storm... Rubin on points in a thriller....Hold onto your hats !!!

+ Reply to Thread