Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which boxer was arrested for collecting drug money (wiithin past ten years)

vCash

Which boxer was arrested for collecting drug money (wiithin past ten years)

I seem to recall it was a lighter weight boxer, and he might have been from the Massachusetts/Rhode Island area. I think his arrest was he was working for a drug dealer, collecting money for him.

vCash

Re: Which boxer was arrested for collecting drug money (wiithin past ten years)

Are you talking about Kendall Holt? I know him very well, in fact I was with him last night at the fights in Newark.

Kendall Holt's manager, Henry Cortes, became embroiled in legal troubles over drug deals he helped facilitate. Cortes was arrested in February 2009 on charges relating to those deals. Although Holt had not been implicated in those charges, he pled guilty to money laundering charges in April 2009 and admitted he had delivered money to Torres knowing that they were from drug transactions brokered by Cortes. Holt was put into a pretrial intervention program, with the expectation that the charges would be dropped upon completion. Holt successfully completed that program and the charges were dismissed.

vCash

Thanks, but now I think I might be conflating two boxers. I think I was actually looking for Micky Ward, who had gotten into some other legal troubles, but remembered the detail's of Holt's'.

vCash

are you sure you are not speaking of scott pemberton ?

greg

vCash

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...NEWS/709060375

yeah. i think it is scott pemberton.

greg

vCash

That's it. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread