Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Historic Old Newspaper Online Source 1836-1922

vCash

Historic Old Newspaper Online Source 1836-1922

I recently came across the Library of Congress old newspaper project that has papers from 1836 thru 1922. They have posted a ton of great old newspapers that we can search through. I found a listing for a 1911 amateur fight in the Ogden Utah newspaper that listed Kid Blackie at featherweight...Dempsey? I did not look for the result, but a search of "boxing" came back with 2,245,324 different hits, so there is a ton of boxing data to be scoured over!

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/

vCash

Re: Historic Old Newspaper Online Source 1836-1922

Cheers Bazza ..... good stuff.

vCash

The name fits you!

vCash

Another site worth looking at is http://www.fultonhistory.com/fulton.html - search for fighter & see newspaper listing as pdf's. They also have index of papers http://www.fultonhistory.com/my%20ph...ers/index.html. If you use trawlers to downloads multiple files they will ban you, a fair use policy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BDeskins View Post
    The name fits you!
    No insults here please ..... go on Eastside if that's what you want.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

AC is correct on this. Not needed. AC may have an outside the envelope online handle but he has always
    been a respectful poster.

GorDoom

vCash

Gor---Really? Bazza is respectful? This clown, pun intended, has done this nonsense for years...you banned him a few years ago for the exact same shit! He's a waste of time and space and if you prefer this nonsense to me trying to be informative for others on the site then I'll go back into my world and say fuck everyone else...it really doesn't matter to me one way, or the other, I won't lose sleep about it...if having some member with the handle of "ass clown" is more desireable than actual boxing related info then have fun with it! Besides, he's a chicken shit always hiding behind some suiting name...I guess he's afraid of running into some one at a boxing event, so what's more safe than hiding behind a computer name? 15 posts and not one thing informative that ass clown has spewed!

The last few years I have battled liver disease, cancer and death and I sure as hell did not come back here for this kind of time wasting nonsense.
    Last edited by BDeskins; 05-01-2012 at 02:40 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BDeskins View Post
    Gor---Really? Bazza is respectful? This clown, pun intended, has done this nonsense for years...you banned him a few years ago for the exact same shit! He's a waste of time and space and if you prefer this nonsense to me trying to be informative for others on the site then I'll go back into my world and say fuck everyone else...it really doesn't matter to me one way, or the other, I won't lose sleep about it...if having some member with the handle of "ass clown" is more desireable than actual boxing related info then have fun with it! Besides, he's a chicken shit always hiding behind some suiting name...I guess he's afraid of running into some one at a boxing event, so what's more safe than hiding behind a computer name? 15 posts and not one thing informative that ass clown has spewed!

The last few years I have battled liver disease, cancer and death and I sure as hell did not come back here for this kind of time wasting nonsense.
    I think you have me mixed up with someone else. I responded to your post by thanking you for bringing the excellent online source to our attention. Sorry you don't like my user name but your reaction to it seems a bit extreme.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Barry, you are confusing somebody with AC. If I had banned him there is no way he could have gotten back on the board. & he was complimenting you for
    posting that info.

GorDoom

vCash

vCash

Thanks for posting. Great stuff!!

vCash

thanks very much for these great links to yet more info

+ Reply to Thread