Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haye-Chisora July14th

vCash

Re: Haye-Chisora July14th

I still believe we need to seperate the HW's from the S-HW's. >>>>>

there is only a hand full of real in shape SHWs. It would just be full of fat regular sized Hws

edit: make that Fatter regular sized HWs

vCash

Come on. Morrison was a party animal, he didn't always step in the ring at his best. If David Haye was battling heavyweights five or six times a year like Morrison was then a man with his stamina & chin problems would have more than his fair share of scares as well. Also, anyone see Haye going 12 with Foreman at that pace, or 6 with Lennox Lewis?

If Morrison goes down versus Haye then, like Ruddock, he's getting back up to return fire. If Haye gets hit by Morrison I'm not convinced he's getting up anytime within a couple of minutes.

Administrator
    vCash

It's amazing how much differently Haye fights when he's trying to win and not just survive.
    This was the guy I thought could get lucky against the Klits, not the guy who stunk out the place versus Valuev and Wlad.
    I thought Haye fought smart and made it entertaining, but it was definitely helped by a ref who did not let them fight out of the clinches.
    Haye's defense was particularly impressive in this fight. Chisora is no offensive wizard but Haye rendered him pretty useless despite fighting closer than he had to to be effective.

I was 100% wrong about what would happen in this fight but I can guarantee that you will not see this Haye against either Klit.
    Vitaly may not have taken out Chisora as easily but that doesn't mean much as their styles couldn't be any different from each other.
    Haye couldn't make the smallest dent in Wlad - who is 100% predictable.
    Vitaly is much more unorthodox and is a master of using his height.
    He would give Haye fits if they ever fight.

Based on Haye's demolition of Chisora, I think he's earned the public interest in a fight with Vitaly.
    I'd be interested to see if Haye lays it all out on the line to redeem his shrinking violet performance and excuses from the fight with Wlad.

Morrison-Haye is a pick 'em to me if the aggressive Haye shows up.
    Timid Haye gets sent packing within 4.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post
    It's amazing how much differently Haye fights when he's trying to win and not just survive.
    This was the guy I thought could get lucky against the Klits, not the guy who stunk out the place versus Valuev and Wlad.
    I thought Haye fought smart and made it entertaining, but it was definitely helped by a ref who did not let them fight out of the clinches.
    Haye's defense was particularly impressive in this fight. Chisora is no offensive wizard but Haye rendered him pretty useless despite fighting closer than he had to to be effective.

I was 100% wrong about what would happen in this fight but I can guarantee that you will not see this Haye against either Klit.
    Vitaly may not have taken out Chisora as easily but that doesn't mean much as their styles couldn't be any different from each other.

Based on Haye's demolition of Chisora, I think he's earned the public interest in a fight with Vitaly.
    I'd be interested to see if Haye lays it all out on the line to redeem his shrinking violet performance and excuses from the fight with Wlad.

Haye wasn't being aggressive . . he fought more because Chisora forced the fight. Haye is most at home picking his spots and doing pot-shot counters and leads from the outside as guys come to him, which is how the fight went (although Chisora was bigger/stronger than the likes of Mormeck and Ruiz, so Haye came out strong in the first trying to get Chisora's respect).
    He's not a natural aggressor and never has been, which is one reason why he was so clueless with Wlad (who will never take chances himself if he's not forced to, thus the dreadful fight) and why a Vitali fight would be another stinker.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post

Id say a careful Haye is going to be far better against Morrison than a aggressive one. Haye trying to be careful and timid against the likes of Wlad didn't work because he simply couldn't overcome the height and reach disparity to pot shot him. Morrison however is a different story. Haye has the speed, sharpness, and ability to punch with some authority off the backfoot to land something. If Haye is defensive minded and takes advantage of the openings Tommy always leaves open he could take it. This is a situation where i think Haye is actually better suited to potshotting.

I too agree it's a Pickem.
    Last edited by JaKob; 07-17-2012 at 02:50 AM.

vCash

Morrison could be hurt and completely out on his feet from a jab...Haye, though maybe not a great chin, he has a lot better chin than Morrison did. Morrison hit like hell, but he could not take it, not did he have the stamina...I think Haye would absoutely destroy a prime Tommy Morrison! As far as quality heavyweights go I have never seen any others that have the kind of chin that Morrison and Jeremy Williams had. They were both offensive dynamo's, but that only takes a fighter so far!
    Last edited by BDeskins; 07-17-2012 at 02:57 AM.

vCash

Morrison surprised me against ruddock he got hit with a hell of a shot early went down looked disconnected and somehow recovered.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hagler04 View Post
    Haye wasn't being aggressive . . he fought more because Chisora forced the fight. Haye is most at home picking his spots and doing pot-shot counters and leads from the outside as guys come to him, which is how the fight went (although Chisora was bigger/stronger than the likes of Mormeck and Ruiz, so Haye came out strong in the first trying to get Chisora's respect).
    He's not a natural aggressor and never has been, which is one reason why he was so clueless with Wlad (who will never take chances himself if he's not forced to, thus the dreadful fight) and why a Vitali fight would be another stinker.
    Chisora is just easier to fight than Wlad.
    He gave Haye more openings to work with since he is in reach and is slower than Wlad, which is why Haye was more active.
    More "active" is probably the better word, not necessarily aggressive - but you can see where the line gets blurred.
    Wlad walked him down all night but he never felt comfortable enough to pull the trigger and I suspect the same will go if he fights Vitaly.

vCash

both should have been banned from boxing for life, it was a joke that fight took place

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123