Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ron Lipton Is Back In The Ring As Referee- Watch Live

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Ron Lipton Is Back In The Ring As Referee- Watch Live

It's with a sense of real happiness that I can announce that my long time pal, Ron Lipton is back as a referee for NY State. Below is a note from Ron with links to watching the fight live.

As all of you who are familiar with Ron know this has been a long time coming...

GorDoom

To all my friends who would like to see this show in person or online live.

I will be refereeing at the Poughkeepsie Civic Center, May 12th Saturday, doors open 6:30PM. It is my first return to the ring in 14 year.
    My son Brett will be with me.

The former boxing Commissioner Randy Gordon is doing the color commentary live on line, which will also show the fights live for $15 online.
    See links below.

best wishes,
    Ron

http://www.ustream.tv/bslive

http://www.ustream.tv/bslive

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/05/...eaming-may-12/

Address: 14 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
    Phone: 1 (845) 454-5800

Irish Invasion “streaming” May 12

May 3rd, 2012
    POUGHKEEPSIE, NY (May 3, 2012) – The entire May 12th “Irish Invasion” card, headlined by undefeated Irish super featherweight prospect Patrick “The Punisher” Hyland (25-0, 11 KOs), will be streamed online live at www.ustream.tv/bslive.
    Hyland takes on veteran Frankie Archuleta (27-9-1, 14 KOs) in the 10-round main event, at Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York.
    “Irish Invasion” is being presented by Final Round Promotions, in association with Team Snooki Boxing and Bob Duffy’s Ring Promotions, and sponsored in part by Title Boxing.
    Viewers may register now to watch “Irish Invasion” by going to www.ustream.tv/bslive for $15.00. Check for replay details.
    Calling all of the action from ringside will be Randy Gordon, who hosts “Friday Night at the Fights” on Sirius XM Satellite Radio along with co-host “Gentleman” Gerry Cooney. The well-known and highly-respected Gordon served as Chairman of the New York State Athletic Commission from 1988-1995, as well as Editor-in-Chief of The Ring Magazine (1979-1983) and Boxing Illustrated. He has been an on-air commentator for ESPN, USA Network, SportsChannel, MSG Network, FNN, CNN, KMOX and WFAN.
    Yonkers (NY) super featherweight Chazz McDowell (5-1, 1 KOs) faces Cuban-born Yuniel Ramos in the six-round co-feature, while Canadian light welterweight Natasha Spencer (3-0-1, 2 KOs) tangles with Racquel Bailey (1-1-1) in a six-round female match. Unbeaten Maryland light heavyweight prospect Thomas Williams, Jr. (7-0, 4 KOs) fights an opponent to be determined in a six-round bout.
    Also fighting on the undercard in separate four-round bouts are undefeated Newburgh light welterweight favorite Treysean Wiggins (3-0, 3 KOs) vs. Larenzo Wilson (1-1-1), New York City light middleweight Valdrin Muriqi (2-1) vs. Philip Burnette (2-3, 1 KOs), former USA Mid-American middleweight champion Bryant “The Spartan” Pappas (13-0-1, 13 KOs) vs. Josh Williams (5-4, 4 KOs), Brooklyn super middleweight Travis “The Notorious” Peterkin (4-0, 3 KOs) vs. TBA, and Waterbury (CT) light welterweight Jair Ramos (2-0, 1 KO) vs. Anthony “Pride of Virginia” Royal (0-1-1). All fights and fighters are subject to change.
    Pappas, a sergeant in the Yonkers Police Department, is a cancer survivor who is donating his purse to cancer research. Team Snooki Boxing is donating $1.00 from each sold ticket to Rolling Thunder, Chapter III New York to support needy U.S. military veterans.
    Tickets, reasonably priced at $35.00, $50.00 and $100.00 (Gold Ringside), are available to purchase at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center and through all Ticketmaster outlets.
    Doors open at 6:30 PM/ET with the first bout scheduled for 7:30 PM/ET. Go to www.teamsnookiboxing.com for additional information.
    About Final Round Promotions: A full service boxing and MMA promotional company, Final Round Promotions is based in Poughkeepsie, New York and operated by Mike Pascale and Brian Burke.
    About Team Snooki Boxing: Founded by one of the stars of MTV’s reality show, Jersey Shore, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, and her father, Andy, Team Snooki Boxing handle Patrick Hyland.
    About Rolling Thunder, Chapter III New York: The major function of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. is to publicize POW-MIA issues: To educate the public that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all previous wars and to help correct the past and to protect future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action. Go online to www.rtnych3.com for more information about his non-profit organization that is also committed to helping American veterans from all wars.

vCash

Re: Ron Lipton Is Back In The Ring As Referee- Watch Live

At least the terrible injustices that have been heaped upon Ron Lipton are slowly, surely being reversed now. Much luck on your "comeback", Ron!

Kyoodle

vCash

Good luck Ron.

vCash

Just watched Ron. Great to see him back. Solid, professional arbiter. Need him on the next big fight bill in the Empire State.

vCash

Great to hear -- the sheriff is back in town!

vCash

Way to go Ron. Its good to see you back. Keep us posted on any upcoming fights.

Randy

vCash

I am so proud and happy to know you gentleman watched the fight and thank you so much for you good wishes. I was told I did a consummate job and that I was in very good shape with a waist in that ring tonight like Emile Griffith (Smile.) I came into that ring at 154lbs ripped, shredded and as fast on my feet as it gets. I was happy NYSAC was pleased with my job and that my son was there to see me back too.

I trained hard to do a good job and it was as if I never left that ring. Inside the ring tonight it felt perfect for me.

thanks again,
    Ronnie

vCash

KO JOE, Kyoodle, Peter, Randy and Ade, thanks so much and to you to Gordoom.

Ron

vCash

Congrats Ron - Verry happy for you.

Kind regards,

Josh

vCash

Thanks Josh,
    glad to hear from you, hope all is well.

Ron

vCash

Great news indeed! Congratulations Ron, now that you are back on the horse I hope the commission see fit to get you involved in some big matches. Good Luck!
    Gary

vCash

Ron,

I remember reading about you for the first time on this board when I was just a lurker here and posting on another board. That was almost ten years ago!!!

I know it has been a long road for you.

Congrats! Wishing you much success!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Punchdrunk View Post
    Great news indeed! Congratulations Ron, now that you are back on the horse I hope the commission see fit to get you involved in some big matches. Good Luck!
    Gary
    I hope so and thank you so much for your kind comment, all of them mean a lot to me.
    best wishes,
    Ron

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
    Ron,

I remember reading about you for the first time on this board when I was just a lurker here and posting on another board. That was almost ten years ago!!!

I know it has been a long road for you.

Congrats! Wishing you much success!
    Thank you to you and Gary for writing that.

I weighed 164lb of solid muscle before this assignment. When I got the assignment within a week I dropped down to 154lbs of ripped muscle to referee this assignment not knowing how many bouts or what fight I would get. I just trained hard so I could move like lightning again on my feet and worked on my reflexes studying boxing tapes all day. I teach the rules in my boxing class so I know them all the time.

When I got into the ring with two 130lb pro boxers, I could time their movements and felt like my reflexes were faster than theirs, so I felt good and was told I refereed the bout well, so I am content that all were happy especially the NYSAC.

Best,
    Ron

+ Reply to Thread