Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Berto Tests Positive - Rematch Cancelled

Administrator
    vCash

vCash

Re: Berto Tests Positive - Rematch in Jeopardy

What makes this shit confusing is the fact that these guys are volunteering for olympic style testing and then failing. It's mind boggling. Surely they have advisors with rudimentary knowledge as to how PED's work and what this kind of testing can detect and thus i can't see why or how they would be able to continue with a PED regime that would undoubtedly be detected.

vCash

Very interesting, 2 positive banned substances tests for two top boxers back to back.

Very interesting that the only reason these PED's are showing up is because the boxers are voluntarily taking tests that aren't required by state boxing commissions, makes you really wonder how much crap is getting through undetected, which adds more fuel to Manny Pac actually being afraid to submit to involuntary tests.

As for Berto, it's been obvious he was on something form day one, on the wrong shit that is, never helped his Stamina and made him overly muscular and muscle bound, he needs to find out what Manny Pac takes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by prototypeofamodernmadman View Post
    Very interesting, 2 positive banned substances tests for two top boxers back to back.

Very interesting that the only reason these PED's are showing up is because the boxers are voluntarily taking tests that aren't required by state boxing commissions, makes you really wonder how much crap is getting through undetected, which adds more fuel to Manny Pac actually being afraid to submit to involuntary tests.

As for Berto, it's been obvious he was on something form day one, on the wrong shit that is, never helped his Stamina and made him overly muscular and muscle bound, he needs to find out what Manny Pac takes.
    This is a REALLY strange situation to say the least. Deca has an extremely long detectable life and is easily identified by rudimentary tests. It boggles the mind why anyone cheating would use this particular drug at all. It's completely unsuitable for cycling and will not simply be masked. It's incredibly rare for any elite level athlete to use this. This is absolutely not like the Lamont Peterson situation.

Given that a) it seems like testing is really no longer the issue at all hence the focus on the purse splitting
    b) it has been clear since day one that the real issue with the testing is posturing bullshit and refusal for either side to back down especially in the
    face of Floyd's smear campaign. It's not as simple as refusing a test. It's refusing being singled out with unprecedented demands on the back of
    a smear campaign when you happen to be the number one p4p boxer in the world. The 'why don't you just take the test?' logic frames the
    issue in a simplistic way.
    Last edited by JaKob; 05-19-2012 at 02:19 AM.

vCash

Re: Berto Tests Positive - Rematch Cancelled

They volunteer for the testing because usually the cheaters and their masking abilities stay one step ahead of the testing procedures. They think they won't get caught. This is why I am in favor of rigorous testing and seriously lengthy bans for those who get caught. I would like to see 2 year suspensions, but no less than 1 year. Until you harshly penalize it, you won't have a strong enough deterrent.

And it is important because we are talking about fighters' lives. People can get hurt in boxing. It is not fair to have a guy get punched on by a guy who is juiced up. Just as bad as having plaster of Paris in your gloves.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by apollack View Post
    They volunteer for the testing because usually the cheaters and their masking abilities stay one step ahead of the testing procedures. They think they won't get caught. This is why I am in favor of rigorous testing and seriously lengthy bans for those who get caught. I would like to see 2 year suspensions, but no less than 1 year. Until you harshly penalize it, you won't have a strong enough deterrent.

And it is important because we are talking about fighters' lives. People can get hurt in boxing. It is not fair to have a guy get punched on by a guy who is juiced up. Just as bad as having plaster of Paris in your gloves.
    I couldn't agree more. A two year ban would stop it today.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by apollack View Post

Excellent post.

+ Reply to Thread