Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao-Bradley Results & Discussion - June-9-2012

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Pacquiao-Bradley Results & Discussion - June-9-2012

Cliff Rold is going to step up & give us a round by round report for the main event. He said he probably won't be able to do the undercard. I will post updates on those results.

Please keep all discussion of this fight to this thread. Redundant threads will be deleted.

thanks,

GorDoom

vCash

Weigh In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpeJw...eature=related

I don't mind a good stare down but Bradley moving his head forward is ridiculous. If Pacquiao didn't move his head back they would've touched lips.

Isolated photographs of Manny and Tim make Bradley appear that much bigger. In reality, in the flesh, face to face, while Bradley is more cut with obviously bigger flexed arms, Pac doesn't appear to suffer much if at all in terms of comparative size imo.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Re: Pacquiao-Bradley Results & Discussion - July/9/12

Manny Pacquiao - Timothy Bradley Pre-Fight Report Card by Cliff Rold

http://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pac...rt-card--53775

vCash

I agree that Bradley looks muscular and ripped. He always does. But, one thing that should not be forgotten here is that, head butting aside, Bradley really isn't that good. And his toughness and durability are being wildly overrated. He had his hands full with club-level fighter, Kendall Holt for Christ's sake. If Pacquaio is even 90% of his former self, he will KO bradley in 5-6 rounds. If Manny comes out flat, I still see him having too much skill and experience to lose to a guy like Bradley. If the fight is close at all, Manny should retire.

Administrator
    vCash

I see this fight potentially starting out like the Larios fight where Pac didn't really get going until he got cut.
    Once he woke up in there against Larios, Pac ran him over.

vCash

I can't see Bradley beating the Pacquiao of the Margarito fight or the Cotto fight.

The question is: where is Manny tonight in the arc of his career, not if Bradley is better than Pacquiao.

This fight should provide some answers.

vCash

Manny Pacquiao 

Current Titles: WBO Welterweight, 2009-Present, 3 Defenses

Previous Titles: Lineal/WBC World Flyweight 1998-99, 1 Defense; IBF Jr. Featherweight 2001-03, 4 Defenses; Lineal/Ring World Featherweight 2003-05, 2 Defenses; Lineal/Ring/WBC World Jr. Lightweight 2008; WBC Lightweight 2008-09; Lineal/Ring World Jr. Welterweight 2009-10; WBC Jr. Middleweight 2010

Height: 56 

Weight: 147 lbs.
    Average Weight Last Five Fights: 144.45 lbs.

Hails from: General Santos City, Cotabato del Sur, Philippines

Record: 54-3-2, 38 KO
    BoxingScene Rank: #1 at Welterweight

Record in Major Title Fights: 16-1-2, 11 KO, 1 KOBY (including Lineal title Fights)
    Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Defeated: 14 (Chatchai Sasakul, Lehlo Ledwaba, Jorge Eliecer Julio, Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Oscar Larios, Juan Manuel Marquez, David Diaz, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Joshua Clottey, Antonio Margarito, Shane Mosley)

Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Faced in Defeat or Draw: 4 (Medgoen Singsurat, Agapito Sanchez, Juan Manuel Marquez, Erik Morales)

Vs.

Timothy Bradley 

Titles: WBO Jr. Welterweight (2009-Present, 4 Defenses)

Previous Titles: WBC Jr. Welterweight (2008-09, 2 Defenses; 2012)

Height: 56
    Weight: 146 lbs.
    Average Weight Last Five Fights: 140.7 lbs.

Hails from: Palm Springs, California

Record: 28-0, 12 KO, 1 No Contest

Record in Major Title Fights: 6-0, 1 KO, 1 No Contest

BoxingScene Rank: #1 at Jr. Welterweight
    Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Defeated: 4 (Miguel Vazquez, Junior Witter, Kendall Holt, Devon Alexander, Joel Casamayor)

Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Faced in No Contest: 1 (Nate Campbell)

vCash

some of the busier sites are betting on an upset.

greg

Administrator
    vCash

Hey greg.

If Bradley truly pushes Pac, I think we will see something special tonight - provided he doesn't lose by TKO from cuts over both eyes from butting.
    It seems that anytime Pac feels like he is in danger and needs to be on high alert, he responds.
    Pac has not seen any real danger in a while and Bradley doesn't have the kind of skill like a prime Morales or a JMM to beat Pac on points.
    Bradley is going to have to come right at him and all guys who have done that have failed pretty miserably.
    It should be some ugly fun while it lasts.

vCash

I think Bradley is underrated and Pac is going to have a hell of a tough time with him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by apollack View Post
    I think Bradley is underrated and Pac is going to have a hell of a tough time with him.
    Once again I agree. Bradley is a little underrated but more over Pac best days are behide him. Should be a good fight. If Pac can't hurt Bradley he will lose.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

From Fight News:

Pacquiao-Bradley Undercard Results

Bailey KOs Jones, Rigondeaux KOs Kennedy
    By Andreas Hale and Anthony Springer Jr.

A non-title featherweight bout between four-division world champion and current WBO bantamweight Jorge Arce (60-6-2, 46 KOs) and Jesus Rojas (18-1-1, 13 KOs) ended in a no decision. Arce dropped Rojas almost immediately, but Rojas finished the round strong. Arce couldn’t continue in round two after a low blow followed by a shot to the back and a final punch on the ear left him disoriented. Time :09.

In a clash for the vacant IBF welterweight title formerly held by Andre Berto, former two-division champ #2 rated Randall Bailey (43-7, 37 KOs) scored a spectacular eleventh round KO over previously unbeaten #1 rated Mike Jones (26-1, 19 KOs). What looked like a great fight on paper failed to materialize for the first nine rounds as Jones was very careful to avoid Bailey’s big right hand and appeared to be headed to lackluster decision. However, Bailey finally connected in round ten and put Jones on the deck just before the bell. Bailey then absolutely leveled Jones with an uppercut in the eleventh to end it. Time was 2:52.

WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (10-0, 8 KOs) dropped Teon Kennedy (17-2-2, 7 KOs) five times en route to a fifth round TKO. The two-time Olympic gold medalist Rigondeaux dropped Kennedy in once in round one and twice in round two, again in round four and a last time in round five before the bout was waved off by referee Russell Mora. Time was 1:11.

Ernie Sanchez (13-3, 5 KOs) outboxed Wilton Hilario (12-3-1, 9 KOs) to earn a unanimous decision in featherweight action. Sanchez plastered Hilario in nearly every round, punishing the face and body against the ropes. While Hilario never appeared hurt, he was unable to muster much significant offense. The judges scored the contest 78-74, 78-74 and 79-73.

Mikael Zewski (15-0, 11 KOs) remained undefeated with a 3rd round knockout of John Ryan Grimaldo (8-2, 5 KOs). A third round barrage, punctuated by a left hook, from Zewski caused Grimaldo to take a knee and the subsequent 10 count. Time of stoppage was :59

Jesse Hart, son of Eugene “Cyclone” Hart, made his professional debut a successful one with a swift :33 TKO annihilation of Manuel Eastman. Hart roared out of his corner and ransacked Eastman (0-2) with power shots until referee Joe Cortez rushed in for the save.

In junior welterweight action, Andrew Ruiz (2-0) continued his winning ways with a unanimous decision win over hometown fighter Taylor Larson. Ruiz was in cruise control from the moment the bell rang, stinging Larson (0-3-1) with stiff jabs at will. The judges scored the contest 39-36, 40-35 and 39-36.

vCash

This is weird. Manny AWOL, stretching calves on a treadmill an delaying the start, he's rushed getting the gloves on and is going into the ring dry. Upset chances increasing, Freddy apparently livid. Drama.

vCash

After an interminable delay because Pac was watching the Celts-Heat, had to stretch his calves, and Arce ended early (like a half hour), they start the ringwalks at 11:57 EST.

vCash

Finally...Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllet' s Get Ready to Rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round One

Bradley lands a a clean right after both peck at body...Another right...TB blocks an left...TB right and two to the body...Pac to the body...Pac with a hard right...Another late...closes scoring gap but I lean TB.

10-9 Bradley

Round Two

Big right for Pac...Again...Bradley to the body in the clinch...Pac with a hard left...Pac jab...and a left to the body...Bradley right backs him off...Glancing Bradley right...Pac glancing left...blocks 3 from TB...Exchange lefts. Pac round.

Even 19-19

Round Three

Pac blocks a rush combo at the bell...Quick Pac left...Left hook for TB...Pac right, clinch, both whacking...Pac left...Again and hard...Bradley struggling to land...Bradley hard to the ribs...Pac to the body...Two Pac lefts and TB holds near the ropes...Right for TB and Pac back with two lefts...Bradley hooking at the bell.

Pacquiao 29-28

Round Four

Bradley digging body early...Long clinch...Another Bradley left to the body...Awkward exchange and Bradley still going ribs...Pac right hook...Pac three lefts, mostly blocked...TB flurry, all blocked...Manny to the body and then a flurry, right hook, Bradley wobbled and holds...Bradley fighting back and being nailed with rights...Bradley lands a big right at the bell.

Pacquiao 39-37

Round Five

Bradley looking like he's lost some steam...Pac right...Another and left glances behind it...Bradley two pawing rights...Pac misses two...Exchange, Pac with another right...Pac left wobbles TB...TB ties up near the ropes...Furious exchange to close, TB flailing with big heart but getting blasted.

Pacquiao 49-46

Round Six

Pac cool as clean sheets in there...Bradey boxing well through two...Pac with left to the body...two to the head...TB trapped in the corner and comes out into a clinch...Pac big left uppercut...Pawing Pac left to close.

Pacquiao 59-55

Round Seven

Pac holding while TB whacks the body...TB long right to the belly...Pac with a snaking left...Great exchange and both land some good shots...Pac left and TB rocks...headbutt in there but no biggie...TB misses a right late.

Pacquiao 69-64

Round Eight

Manny misses a left and eats two hard to the ribs...accidental butt, pause, no cut...Pac left bombs...TB with a right, Pac goes to the ropes...Pac blasts off with a quick shot...Dull round...TB a little more active.

Pacquiao 78-74

Round Nine

Some smirmish blows...TB slips, Pac chases, nothing happening here...Pac three flush lefts...Pac lands about four shots inside...Pac uppercut...TB to the body and an uppercut...TB combo through the gloves...Pac left through the gloves...Pac two lefts in an exchange...TB showing balls and beard but not winning rounds.

88-83

Round Ten

TB boxing, moving...Pac doesn't pursue much and TB with some nice rights...boos in the crowd. TB round.

97-93

Round Eleven

Pac with better power shots...TB with more activity...the bombs count.

Pac 107-102

Round Twelve

Bradley boxing well...Pac looking for a big shot to close and TB taking the points. Moral victory ending but Pac had this won long ago...Considering quality of foe, probably his best since Cotto but he slowed down late.

Pac 116-112

Final Scores: 115-113 Pac, 115-113 Bradley, 114-113 WTF...Bradley Spilt Decision.

What?

You Gotta Be Kidding Me.
    Last edited by Crold1; 06-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Hey Cliff, thanks for an excellent report!

GorDoom

vCash

the biggest robbery i've seen in a long time. Bizzare.

I know you got 116-112 Crold. I think that's generous. Even when Pacquaio was throwing very little he won those too usually because he landed the few significant shots.

vCash

what a robbery

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JaKob View Post
    the biggest robbery i've seen in a long time. Bizzare.

I know you got 116-112 Crold. I think that's generous. Even when Pacquaio was throwing very little he won those too usually because he landed the few significant shots.
    I know it was generous but there were some bleh rounds. Not even close to a TB win. I've never seen a STAR get robbed like that. Unbelievable garbage. F this sport sometimes.

vCash

Thanks Cliff. Terriifc blow by blow description on the fly. I guessed that you were being more than even handed in deference to TB's work to ensure a more than fair call.

I've just visited two other sites that called it round by round and both their scores were for Pac 119-110 and 117-111 respectively. Not that Pac wouldn't have been tiring a bit anyway, your call on the fight conveyed the feelling that Pac was easing his foot off the pedal after cementing a certain points victory. I was supposed to watch this but didn't get the time but now I'll be hunting it down any which way.

vCash

Still in shock. This was just...who pisses on the sport like this. Robberies suck. Robberies like this lose fans.

vCash

The 3rd fight with Marquez. I thought it was a close competitive fight that Marquez clearly edged. This is on a different level. You just can't justify it. It's glaringly obvious and blatent. Absolutely disgusting.

vCash

Worst decision I've seen in boxing in my lifetime. I kid you not. Worse than the Holyfield-Lewis "draw", worse than DelaHoya-Trinidad, worse than Everett-Escalera, and too many others to mention. Pacquiao landed the cleaner and harder punches throughout the fight and won easily. Seriously Im done. I will never buy another boxing PVP. That's it. I shelled out 55 dollars for that bullshit. Someone made a killing off those 5-1 odds. It stinks of corruption.

vCash

De La Hoya tweeted he's having Trinidad flashbacks.

vCash

Oscar got robbed as badly by Tito, he won 8 of 12 rounds. He also got robbed in the second Mosley fight. Forman was outrageously robbed by Shannon Briggs and on and on - that's the history of boxing.

It's always been like this.

EMF

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Monte Cox View Post
    Worst decision I've seen in boxing in my lifetime. I kid you not. Worse than the Holyfield-Lewis "draw", worse than DelaHoya-Trinidad, worse than Everett-Escalera, and too many others to mention. Pacquiao landed the cleaner and harder punches throughout the fight and won easily. Seriously Im done. I will never buy another boxing PVP. That's it. I shelled out 55 dollars for that bullshit. Someone made a killing off those 5-1 odds. It stinks of corruption.
    Monte, I just can't dig this. It's just savage.

vCash

This indeed stinks. It reeks. I'm not big on conspiracies but i see no way this could simply be incompetence. Something is up and it's just another in a long line of recent boxing disgraces.

vCash

You guys are being prisoners of the moment. How about lock ridge - Gomez? That's the worse I ever saw and foreman Briggs was an outright crime.

EMF

vCash

Guillermo Rigondeaux stopped Teon Kennedy, who kept getting dropped by lefts. Southpaw Rigondeaux has a wonderful sense of timing and just a brutal powerful fast left hand thrown from the southpaw stance. Rigon doesn't keep much of a pace and has almost no right hand, but that left is just fantastic. You need a serious iron beard or fantastic defense not to get dropped by that thing.

Randall Bailey - Mike Jones was utterly boring, with neither guy doing anything throughout, until Bailey landed a straight right in the 10th that dropped Jones. Then in the 11th, Bailey landed one of the most brutal perfectly timed right uppercuts you'll ever see as Jones threw a jab that missed and moved his head forward, and Bailey ducked to the side of the jab and under it and just unloaded that right uppercut on the jaw. Jones was unconscious on the way down and landed with his body limp and lifeless, but amazingly he woke up and tried several times to get up but just couldn't and the ref stopped it.

Jorge Arce - Jesus Rojas was fun while it lasted, but it terminated prematurely. Arce scored a flash knockdown in the 1st with a left hook. However, Rojas got up and fought back hard, and quite frankly turned it around by the end of the round, showing power and condition, firing heavy blows in almost nonstop fashion that seemed to be getting to Arce. However, soon after the bell to start the 2nd, Rojas leaned in with his head as he was firing and head butted Arce, then followed with a low blow. The referee told them to stop or something to that effect, as Arce was clearly affected by the butt and was turning away, and Rojas then hit him another hook that landed towards the back of the head or behind the ear. Arce then grimaced in great pain and voluntarily went down. He could not continue, complaining that he was hearing ringing in his ears and his balance was gone. Bout was stopped and ruled a no contest. Honestly, I'd love to see a rematch because I think it was going to be a very fun war.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Every Mother's Fear View Post
    You guys are being prisoners of the moment. How about lock ridge - Gomez? That's the worse I ever saw and foreman Briggs was an outright crime.

EMF
    Never said that this is the worst.

But it's blatent. It's glaring obvious. It's an outright crime. It's as bad as any decision has been in a long time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast