Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Boxing-Fight-Collections' website

vCash

'Boxing-Fight-Collections' website

Greetings all. Found this forum mightily interesting ever since discovering it, after the old BBC boxing discussion site (!) closed down. Grateful to be let on board.

I was wondering if anybody has ordered any DVDs from the 'Boxing-Fight-Collections' website (http://boxing-fight-dvds.com/)? I'm a green as cheese (& onion) fight follower & looking for some sets of famous fighters' major bouts (pre-80s stuff, Marciano, Robinson, Monzon, etc). This site seems to have good prices and selections and is based in the UK which is a plus. However the presentation could kindly be described as understated and it arranges its lists by forename rather than surname, which is probably not important but weird all the same.

Ah Becks. How I love thee. Not the stuff MacLachlan likes in Blue Velvet, but princely all the same.

vCash

Re: 'Boxing-Fight-Collections' website

Welcome to the board! Have you tried this site http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com/ ? It's a lot easier to get fights -- just download them (but read all the instructions first) and it's free!

vCash

Thanks a lot, much appreciated! Not tried it yet, but certainly will do. Stupid as it probably sounds I've been looking for a good, widely utilised source of bouts for a while now, and had begun to wonder whether it was simply a matter of people possessing extensive Betamax collections from the pre-Rocky IV period. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unusually there's just been a night of boxing on the regular Brit TV channels (Channel 5). While there were some unhappy moments (Tyson Fury + team outlining his game plan vs. aggressive smaller hvyweights - to grab them, pull them in and lean on them), it was genuinely good to be able to watch it on regular television.

vCash

LOL! I think you just described my old collection!!!

Seriously though, give that site and try and let me know if you have any questions. The moderators on it are very helpful too.

+ Reply to Thread