Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congratulations Don Gee!

vCash

Re: Congratulations Don Gee!

hap,

not to worry amigo....i am still rolling that day over in my mind also. stephen and i had to catch an early flight back north and were very lucky that you and the baltazar boys were some of the first up in the festivities. i am proud of what you said here and agree whole heartedly that if time could truly be placed in a bottle and we could move our lives 50 yrs. in any direction, kindred souls would always find one another and feel blessed, as i felt saturday, that we did. take good care my friend.

frank sr. has all ways, numbers wise, to find me. feel free to get them from him as i would be, anytime, happy to hear from you.
    tu amigo,
    gregorio

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Mi Amigo, Hap:

Saturday is a day I will never forget for the rest of my life. I met so many, many, of my old time boxing heroes .. But meeting you & Mr. B. in person were the most special moments for me.

As you said in an earlier post, we've communicated so often over the years that WE ALREADY considered ourselves personal friends. Getting the chance to meet you even thought it was brief, absolutely filled the bill for me.

I know the time with me & Greg was brief but you have to remember, YOU were one of the stars of the show & everybody wanted to at least be able to say hello.

It was a terrific day & the fact that you were there & I actually got to meet you was just icing on the cake.

Always,

GorDoom

vCash

Steve:

It's just too bad that the time flew by so fast because I wanted my entire tribe of some 18 Navarros to meet both you and Greg, Frank B. and Chuck J. I was glad to hear that my daughter Didi had a chance to chat with you and thank you for all who have done on behalf of her dad.

You may not believe me, but I didn't even get a chance to chat with John Hall and Don Fraser, excepting for the brief greeting we enjoyed at the podium. I missed out on conversing with "Gato" Gonzalez and it seemed that he left rather early.

All in all, it was a great day, lots of speeches, hugs all around, and a few genuine laughs brought on by anecdotes from the podium.

But it was one heluva pleasure to meet you, Greg, Frank B. and his boys, amd Chuck J. Just before leaving we cut up a few touches with J.J. Johnston and Bill Estrada, who were seated by then with my pal Don Cogswell.

Good folks, good vibes, good times.

hap navarro

vCash

Hap
    Did any of you people shot any photos that can be posted here on the CBZ from Saturday's event?

Frank B.

vCash

Frank B.:

I'm certain some one in the family had a camera or two but I don't know for certain. I'll ask around and see what I can find out. But, Kiki---let's face it your shots are the max, buddy, I've even enjoyed looking at my fat face a few times and wondering what the hell happened to that 135-pounder.

It's the years, Frank, so "nio modo"....

hap

vCash

Hap

"Nio Modo" is right, what the heck can we do about it? Nothing!!!!!!!!!

It would be nice if you can fine and post some pics. of Saturday event.

Frank B.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Hap:

I had the chance to talk to Don Cogswell too briefly ... He's a boxing guy that I have nothing but respect for ... Could you Private Message me his phone #?

He calls me fairly regularly but I lost his #. So if you have either the # or his e-mail address it would be most appreciated.

& lastly, getting to finally meet you will always be in the HOF of my boxing life.

Por siempre,

GorDoom

vCash

Good friend Steve:

I just sent you Don's email address because I don't have his phone number at hand. When I do find it, I'll send it on to you via PM, although you might get it from him if you contact him via email. I misplaced his phone number twice and had to get it from J.J. Johnston two weeks ago.

take care

hap navarro

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GorDoom
    Hap:

I had the chance to talk to Don Cogswell too briefly ... He's a boxing guy that I have nothing but respect for ... Could you Private Message me his phone #?

He calls me fairly regularly but I lost his #. So if you have either the # or his e-mail address it would be most appreciated.

& lastly, getting to finally meet you will always be in the HOF of my boxing life.

Por siempre,

GorDoom
    I'll email you Don's number and email address.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12