Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ricky "Hitman" Hatton Vs Colin "Welsh Dragon" Jones

vCash

Ricky "Hitman" Hatton Vs Colin "Welsh Dragon" Jones

The Marauding Hitman Hatton Vs Colin Jones, The welsh Dragon, all mathematical arguments aside, Hatton's 147 Tally is 1-O One world title.
    Jones of course came so close when suffering a controversial draw and subsequent close points loss, When the welsh Dragon, Breathing fire and brimstone, twice nearly melted the Iceman Milt McCrory,

Jones is the type of puncher that just Prays for an opponents that will come to him, Hatton would no doubt answer those prayers, but he does have the ability to slip his way in with educated pressure if he utilises his skills, and there was a school of thought that felt that Colin did not like it to the Body, off one of the Kirk Laing Fights, for sure, Hatton would find this out..But if Ricky thought Kostya was dangerous, Jones the Punch...if he can find the chin.....

In a battle of Fair Haired Anaemic looking warhorses....The Hitman or the Welsh Dragon..?

Banned
    vCash

Unless Hatton shows improvement

In strength and power at 147, agianst the style that Jones would bring and the natural strength of a welterweight, I'd say Jones would stop in around round 10 or 11.

Agian, I am only basing this off of one performance by Hatton at 147. If he stays there, he COULD improve. based on what I saw, the Jones from the first McCrory bout takes him out.

Hawk

vCash

Re: Ricky "Hitman" Hatton Vs Colin "Welsh Dragon" Jones

Need to think about this one but I think the winner should fight Dave 'Boy' Green.

vCash

KOJOE90 - I can only see disaster for Dave against Colin, Dave was a "biffing" wear you down, type of puncher, Coming onto Colins Power, Could be Jorgen Henson All Over Again, And Hatton is too compact he would operate inside Dave's wider Arc Shots..)

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Jones was a full fledged welter that faced much stiffer comp than Ricky has to this point. Jone's two fights with McCrory proved his bonafides among other good opponents.

I think it's probably to early in Hatton's career to make a truly sound judgement but my instincts tell me Ol' Colin would have handled him. At least to this point of Ricky's career.

GorDoom

vCash

Jones would stop Hatton.Jones hits hard and is stronger.Plus Hattonwould come forward right at Jones so Jones wouldn't have to look for Hatton.
    I wonder how both would have fared against John Stracey.

vCash

I can't see Stracey beating either of them.Hatton would get past his jab and dominate on the inside, taking a clear decision or maybe stopping him late.

John wasn't mobile or elusive enough to sucessfully adopt a safety-first approach with Jones and he didn't have the kind of offense that would be needed to get Colin out of there first.He would probably have 3-4 good rounds jabbing Colin, then get caught and stopped.

It's a shame Jones retired so early.Fights with the likes of Honeyghan, Breland and Simon Brown could have been classics.

+ Reply to Thread