Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bonds Hits # 715

vCash

Bonds Hits # 715

I wish I felt like celebrating. But, you know, the whole steroids thing has just got me down as far as baseball is concerned.

It just astonishes me that these guys are willing to trade short term success while giving up long term health.

Sure, fame and riches, great.

And a record that will always be tainted.

I don't think the Babe used steroids. Neither did Aaron. Or Mays, Robinson, Mantle, Foxx...

vCash

Re: Bonds Hits # 715

The Babe, Aaron, Mays, Robinson, Mantle,And Foxx didn't use them, but would they if they had been around? Mays said he probably would have checked them out, and It wouldn't surprise me if some of the others did as well.But with that said, I agree with you: the record is always going to be tainted.

vCash

I think they ALL would have. Mike Schmidt was honest enough to admit that he absolutely would have.

I'm not a defender of what he did, but what a lot of people loose sight of is that just about everybody was juicing, and Bonds was out performing them all by a mile. He's still a great, great player.

I will admit however, that there's a dark cloud over his spot in the record book. I doubt he'll get to 755, he's just breaking down too fast now. It would be nice to see maybe Alex Rodriguez and/or Albert Poujols pass him someday, fair and square. Either one of them can do it.

vCash

who gives a fuck.

Roberto Aqui

Actually, Mantle is a likely user of steroids through Doc prescriptions. Remember that Mantle had some severe congenital physical abnormalities and steroids were very well and likely were prescribed to bring him back to form.

Bonds is a major A-hole. A jerk from day one, he was a talented HOFer who sold his soul to the devil late in his career to become a record breaking HR hitter. His numbers can literally be broken down to presteroid use, steroid use, and post steroid use.

It took a 41 yr old Bonds many long games this year and several knee and elbow operations to duplicate what Babe accomplished with much more flourish and less effort. Babe was 39 yrs old, 265 lbs, and barely functional in the outfield when he blasted his last 3 HRs playing for the Boston Braves at Pittsburg. Babe hit his last 3 HRs one day at the start of the season at Forbes field, the last one flying over the roof and out of the ballpark. He retired a few days later.

Aaron and Ruth were popular players kids would fight to be in pick up games. Nobody fights to be Bonds.

vCash

ditto

+ Reply to Thread