Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ART HAFFEY-BOBBY CHACON

gregbeyer

ART HAFFEY-BOBBY CHACON

the hafey-crawford thread got me to thinking about this one.

arguello was about 5'10''...lopez about 5'9". too tall for the 5'1'' hafey.

bobby chacon was like 5'4''-5'5''......could hafey have reached him?
    greg

Chuck1052
    I think it is very possible that Art Hafey could do
    well vs. Bobby Chacon. Yes, it would be a thriller.

- Chuck Johnston

kikibalt
    i would have to go with bobby, i think his workrate would
    be to much for art , it would be a tough fight for 7-8 rds.
    ud for bobby

frank b.

kikibalt

Re: Sparring

karl
    bobby was not known to go all out in the gym, so the sparring between him and art don't mean anything.

frank b.

StingerKarl

Chacon was going all out this time, Mr. Balatzar: he had to to keep Hafey off of his chest.
    Hafey simply romped him.
    I agree it dosen't mean much, but can give you a bit of an indicator as to how the fight would have gone between the two.

StingerKarl

Sparring

I have the tape of them sparring, and Art kicked the hell out of Bobby.
    He really gave Chacon a good going over: and he was wearing 16 oz gloves while bobby was wearing 12's.

gregbeyer

karl,
    where was that sparring session you have on tape?
    frank,
    you think bobby would have had a better work rate than art ? i think bobby's best shot would be to box. his work rate would be set by art. conditioning wise i give art a big edge. art was the harder worker. bobby was not always in the greatest shape but he was a born fighter and that alone got him thru many times. not sure it would be enough against a prime art hafey.
    greg

kikibalt

The Chacon that fought Danny Lopez, Boza- Edwards, Bazooka Limon,Alfredo Marcano would imo beat Art Haffey

Frank B.

StingerKarl

I don't know where exactly it was.
    It is in color with Bobby wearing a red t shirt and Art wearing a white one.
    Chacon started off by going toe to toe with the guy, but by the second round had most of the fight punched out of him.
    Chacon could not keep the guy off of him and was battered to the body quite hard when he kept bending down into Hafey and was straightened up by uppercuts.
    Hafey would take a step back after uppercutting the guy and whop him with both hands to the head.
    Hafey was also a very classy boxer with some really nifty moves in there as well.
    Hafey kept him in a neutral corner most of the time as Chacon was unable to extricate himself from it.
    Hafey was the much stronger of the two, and Bobby looked to be about 5'10 (he wasn't of course) as he was so much taller than the guy. Someone else that posts here is putting a DVD out on Hafey and has the session as well.
    You should definitely see it on that biography when he puts it out to the general public for sale.
    Karl

+ Reply to Thread