Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paul Williams vs. Sharmba Mitchell post-fight discussion

vCash

Paul Williams vs. Sharmba Mitchell post-fight discussion

I found this fight more enjoyable than I expected. I can't say that the level of expertise was all that high, but Williams at least throws punches. Most of them don't have much zing on them, and it appears that Sharmba Mitchell is well past his best. I saw Williams in the Mathysse fight and am still withholding judgment. Nevertheless, this was a decent enough fight.

vCash

Re: Williams v. Mitchell

I enjoyed it too. For a tall guy, Williams really comes to fight. He stays busy, throws all the punches, and has some good snap to his punches. That said, Mitchell was made to order for him. Short, shot, and weak. Williams needs to work on his footwork and defense if he's going to beat a Margarito. But I sure enjoy watching him and I like how game he is. Wish more guys in boxing were like that.

Banned
    vCash

Williams is promising, but so far he seems to block a lot of punches with his face. PeteLeo.

vCash

Still up and coming young man. Fun to watch. What I saw last night leaves me wanting to see more. Still green, if they take their time with Williams he maybe ready for the big boys in the division in another year or so.

vCash

Watched that fight, first time I've seen Williams...he's huge for that division. He's definetly young, hungry and comes to fight he also seems to have the right attitude.
    Still needs to learn how to block and slip hooks before he steps it up though.

+ Reply to Thread