Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyrell Biggs vs Shannon Briggs.

vCash

Tyrell Biggs vs Shannon Briggs.

Over 12 rounds who would win out of these two Heavyweight contenders of different eras?

For some strange reason this match-up just popped into my head.

vCash

Re: Tyrell Biggs vs Shannon Briggs.

Briggs. Early.

Tyrell held that head straight up in the air like a pez dispenser. Briggs has the reach and physical size to reach him. good handspeed as well. Lots of the biggs opponents gave up a lot of reach and heighth and couldn't reach him easily.

I was never that high on tyrell biggs and did not like his defense 1 iota. I don't think that defense bodes well in this matchup and he doesn't have the legs or snap on his punches to prevent a guy like briggs from winging. Sooner or later 1 of those big shots Shannon wings early will land.

A bout that was an omen of sorts was biggs barely getting by david bey. Then, they try selling us the guy for the tyson fight. Sure. He had about as much chance stylewise as stewart or ettienne.

vCash

Yeah because anything a prime Iron Mike cant do, such as blow out Biggs early, Shannon Briggs, that multi dimensional power puncher, is going to do...

vCash

I disagree. I say Biggs wins a decision. Briggs was completely overrated. His punch output was poor, speed average, chin poor, not the greatest boxer. Got a gift against Foreman. Biggs (off the coke) was faster, had a better jab and outside skill. We're talking a gold medalist here. Remember Darroll Wilson? Jameel McCline? They beat Briggs easily. Biggs lost a bunch true, but when he was shot and coked up. When when he was on, he still put up a decent fight against Tyson and Bowe, and if he could fight like that against them, then Briggs would seem a LOT easier. Sorry, but I just don't think much of Shannon. I think you all are going to be sorely disappointed when he fights Vlad as well. Mark my words.
    Last edited by apollack; 08-23-2006 at 11:47 PM.

vCash

Agree with most of what you said, Appollack. Briggs has never beaten an opponent of note. And Tyrell Biggs at his best didnt collapse hyperventilating when David Bey put some heat on him i.e. Wilson/Briggs.

Call me crazy but i hold Bey, Snipes, Tillis, and maybe even Sims in higher regard than Shannon Briggs.

vCash

Agree with most of what you said, Appollack. Briggs has never beaten an opponent of note. And Tyrell Biggs at his best didnt collapse hyperventilating when David Bey put some heat on him i.e. Wilson/Briggs.

Call me crazy but i hold Bey, Snipes, Tillis, and maybe even Sims in higher regard than Shannon Briggs.

+ Reply to Thread