Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Danny Lopez vs Azuhma Nelson

pendleton23

Danny Lopez vs Azuhma Nelson

Can Nelson take the power of Lopez?I don't think so.What I see is Lopez taking a beating for 6 rounds and then turning it around and stopping Nelson somewhere in the 8th.

SageBrush

Little Red meets a big bad wolf

If Lopez has taken a beating of off Azumah for 6 rounds..i could certainly see no way back for him, quite a few pushed Danny to the Precipice, the Danny found the punch to turn it around, but none of them had put Danny under the Type of Beating that Azumah could classily Administer, In fact if it came to the point of Azumah administering a Beating for a Number of Rounds, then I think Danny would only be able to take Six rounds of it by Azumahs design, if he felt like slowly pulling the "pulling the wings off the mosquito", Azumah can also move and box if needs be, but when I see What Azumah did to Pat cowdell, then look at Danny's tall upright stance, I can not help but think that Azumah is going to be too multi-faceted for Danny, The Professor against an unruly student type of thing, Perhaps a couple of relatively quite feeling out rounds are followed by Azumah establishing his boxing ability and better punch-picking, once this has been established, Danny will be more on the defensive, Albeit trying to come forward looking for the opening for the Home-Run Shot, but hesitant to commit himself and leave himself open to counters, once this stage has been reached Azumah would probably slip into a higher gear and start throwing those heavy combinations, Danny is brave and willing, but I feel his defence is a tad too Swiss Cheese to last too long against an Azumah in Full Flight, After a slow sensible start Azumah in seven for me.

gregbeyer

Re: Little Red meets a big bad wolf

sagebrush...you just used the word hesitant when refering to danny lopez. lopez was one of the most over bearing attackers i ever saw....he was never hesitant.

whether he beats nelson i can't say. i have said in the past that you could out box danny all nite long but you had better keep it that way because when you went in to get him you got got.

pat cowdell was no where in hell as dangerous as danny. take a look at oliveras trying to slug with danny. had ruben had pat in front of him the fight would have ended differently.

nelson did a lot of good things in the ring and beat some good fighters but i will always give a prime lopez a shot at taking the little professer out with that monster right hand. BOOM...try out boxing him when your dead.
    greg

SageBrush

Little Red

Hi Greg
    The reason I mentioned Danny Lopez with the word hesitant was because I belive Azumah would Breed this into Danny over a number of rounds with vicious countering, I feel Danny would still advance, but it may be with a detectable element of caution, particularly if he has been severely countered / wobbled earlier, whilst Danny was a constant aggressor, it was more of the Stalking verity, not the Fenech suffocation method, Danny would leave Azumah time to compose and execute (a cute execution ?) I do not feel Danny has ever been hard to find, and not by such an educated operator as Azumah , the mention of Cowdell was not meant to be as a chin comparison with Danny, Just a recall of what Azumah could perhaps achieve if he found the target correctly, and wanted to send a message (in this case to the Mcguigen faithful) I suspect being unhesitant when walking through the punches of messrs Malvarez, Alaya, and Sanchez Even, ect may be a tad easier then accomplishing that feat against Nelson ?

gregbeyer

Re: Little Red

hey sage,

maybe....like one L.A. sports writer said, "danny planned most of his KO'S from the seat of his pants".

the prime lopez i speak of is the guy that went on a tear right before copping the title from kotey. during that streak he made minced meat of guys like oliveras,castillo and hafey. in the main st. gym training for his fight in ghana for the world featherweight title he dropped a welterweight flat on his face with a right hand that i believe could have sent the lil profressor back to kindergarten.

nelson like i have already said may have beaten danny but if you can't give danny lopez a punchers chance you can never give out chances like that to anyone.

anyway i won't argue the point to far because like the bucket said i tend to get a little homey when defending danny lopez. he was my all time favorite fighter as well as one of my favorite people. i would love to see him around today...he really deserves the dough these guys are earning today.
    regards, greg

SageBrush

Red for Danger...

Greg

I completely Agree with you on the Punchers Chance, if Danny Could find the Target correctly.....no two ways....you go !

I wonder if he Sparred much with Stablemate and fellow
    Ring Assasin Jaime Garza, ? Must of been an exciting Stable for awhile.

Sage

kikibalt

Re: Red for Danger...

I go with Nelson on this one , I think he would do to Danny what Bobby Chacon did to him, nelson was just a better all around fighter then Danny , Danny was the bigger puncher but Nelson was too smart for Danny

Frank B.

olympic auditorium
    Mario Martinez beat Nelson the 1st fight but was robbed.I think Danny has a real good chance of beating Nelson,Lopez by KO in 5.

gregbeyer
    sagebrush,
    i never saw danny spar with jaime garza but i do remember jaime talking very highly of danny and his power.

as stablemates they were both great punchers but danny was a much tougher guy.

the dream blend for me was always the thought of mixing danny's sock with stablemate al davila's boxing ability. that fighter would be unbeatable..........call it pin point dynamite.

olympic,
    spoken like a true LA fight guy....right on!
    greg

vCash

Re: Danny Lopez vs Azuhma Nelson

I think Azumah would beat Danny, either by late round TKO, or unanimous decision.Lopez'spower would show up from time to time to keep it honest, but the skill level of Nelson would clearly be the deciding factor.

vCash

Prime Nelson was a tough tough fighter who took a great shot and had power in both hands with many shots. I se him being too versatile for Lopez and Nelson had the cuter defense too. Danny eats far too much in this fight and is saved mid to late rds looking really beat up
    Last edited by walshb; 01-07-2010 at 12:32 PM.

vCash

Big Lopez fan here (and a fan of Azumah, too), but I think Danny would think he was in again with another, more or less, Salvador Sanchez. Nelson was less busy than Sanchez but had all the skills, and chin, to defeat Danny. I can't see how Lopez could beat Nelson.

Yet I'd rather watch a Lopez fight than a Nelson fight any day.

vCash

I like Nelson by late tko or kayo. A prime Salvador Sanchez took 15 rounds to stop a very green Nelson, and Nelson gave him all that he could handle. Lopez would take the fight to him, but Nelson's skills and power would carry him over. Nelson would have to have his A game. He could not have a off night like his first fight against Martinez or Fenech.

vCash

nelson is to much of great boxer to get knocked out by danny lopez and thats the only way lopez would win i see nelson and lopez both hitting the floor in this fight but i think nelson wins by a late knock out

+ Reply to Thread