Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Klit-Brock Results & Discussion 11/11/06

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Klit-Brock Results & Discussion 11/11/06

Per usual we will give a round by round & the verdict immediately upon the conclusion of the fight. They are also showing last week's Mayweather-Baldomir match. I'm pretty sure Floyd still wins by a wide UD.

Please keep all discussion of this card to this thread. Redundant threads will be deleted.

thanks,

GorDoom

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Re: Klit-Brock Results & Discussion 11/11/06

They had an interview with Brock between rounds of the Mayweather replay & Brock had little man tits! Holy Christ! Here you are fighting for a piece of the heavyweight championship - & you can't get yourself in freakin' shape???

What's with guys like him, Kirk Johnson & the White Wolf last week? They have a chance to make millions & they eat their shot away?

At least Klit for all his faults - & Lord knows there are many - he at least always shows up in shape.

GorDoom

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Li' Klit & Brock engaged immediately, Klit jabbing & Brock looking very unbalanced. With his shaky legs he looks like he'll go down as soon a Klit lands his big right.

Klit's round but no real action except for his jabs.

GorDoom

Administrator
    vCash
    Round 1

Klit controls round 1 with his jab. Brock appears wound up and landed absolutely nothing.

Round 2

Brock attempting to jab in now, appears a bit more loose. Wlad continuing to jab and Brock is having trouble with W's height. Good left to the body by Brock. Wlad attempts a left hook but is blocked. Much better round for Brock.

Referee is Wayne Kelly.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Brock seems intimidated. Klit just keeps jabbing keeping Brock at a distance.

Klit's round. This fight is a complete snore so far.

GorDoom

vCash

I have the second and third for Brock so he's up 2-1. Klit is running out of gas and just holding too much. He needs a ref warning now.

Administrator
    vCash

Wlad is looking to tie up a lot, and his mouth is already open. Brock applying a consistent pressure; it'll be interesting if this starts to get to Wlad, who has been unable to land anything of note so far. I have it 2-1 Brock.

vCash

Klit round in the fourth due to his last minute. Brock was winning prior to that.

vCash

WOW...brock took some heavy stuff there. Big round for Klit and if that keeps up we won't be posting much longer.

Administrator
    vCash
    Round 5

Wlad jabs Brock's head off for the first two minutes of the round and lands a big right at the end of the round. Big round for Wlad.

Round 6

Brock comes out a bit more aggressively. Wlad ties him up. Brock takes another good right. Wlad is cut above the left eye, the commentators suspect from a butt. Calvin takes another 1-2 and then tackles Wlad. Both guys clumsily fall to the canvas. Brock appears to have gotten some confidence and is throwing more this round. Good right to the body and to the head for Brock to end the round.

vCash

Nice right hand to end the round for Brock but Klit takes it based on his consistent action throughout. 4-2 Klit.

Administrator
    vCash
    Cut ruled to have been caused by a headbutt.

Round 7

Huge right hand from Wlad 1:30 in wobbles Brock badly. Brock hangin in but then crumbles to the canvas. He's hurt badly. He rises but it's over. TKO7 Wlad.

vCash

Impressive

vCash

Wlad's last three wins are making a strong argument that he is the true champ right now. A 2007 with wins over say Briggs or Maskaev or both could finally clear up the mess.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Impressive??? Jeez Crold you're easily pleased tonight. I guess compared to last week's fiasco it's impressive. I can't see Klit beating 2nd tier 90's fighters like Morrison or Ruddock.

They would have taken him apart. He's too robotic & cautious. Hell the Bert Cooper that fought Holy would have flattened him

GorDoom

vCash

Brock is a solid fighter and he knocked him out cold. I thought it was an impressive shot. I didn't call him a great one Gor and how he would have done in the mid-90s is irrelevant (though I doubt he loses to Tommy Morrison or Razor Ruddock or Bert Crack Cooper). He's made a good run against what's there and put the first "0" on the best two prospects in the division. heavyweight still sucks right now, but that doesn't mean he's not very close to being its true champ. If he beat Briggs, sealing off the WBO line that he traces in a staright line through, I'd say that about does it.

vCash

A 19-20 year old Mike Tyson would have kill Klit, Imo this guys is not much of a fighter.

Administrator
    vCash

I honestly thought Wlad would look better, which sounds odd since he did flatten Brock. Wlad looked nervous and discouraged in the middle rounds, similar to how he did against Williamson.

More importantly, what's up with Merchant calling Klitchko "This big, beautiful man"?

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Cliff:

I'll go along with he may be the best today. But you are wildly overrating him. He isn't & never will never be a great fighter - & yes, both he & Brock would have been steam rolled by the fighters I mentioned & none of them were close to great.

GorDoom

vCash

bucket and frank,

you guys are falling back into the dinosaur sydrome again!

its 2006.

don't get me wrong. wlad would be a suicide in the 70's but right now he is the shit.

when i first turned on the fight i was already getting bored. i figured it would take wlad 4 rounds of cautious jabbing before he threw a meaningful right so i turned off the sound and grabbed the guitar and did a little stephen stills( sorry steve). i was right!. put on the sound in rnd. 4 and boom wlad let it go. had he done that in the first it would have ended there.

please , please , please......bring on valuev before we get to 49-0 with this big bum and have to listen to the pundits lauding the chance of his attempt to overtake rocky marciano...please! not that.
    greg..the dinosaur

vCash

Gor: I think you're being way presumptuous here. I'm not overrating him. Saying he would beat a crackhead, a guy who struggled with Joe Hipp and razor Ruddock is not a big deal. I'm not calling him a future HOFer or great fighter or even very good...BUT, he is very close based on his last three bouts to re-establishing the heavyweight title. There's plenty negative to say of today's heavyweight. saying something positive shouldn't automatically qualify as overrating.

And who cares if Valuev gets to 49-0...it's the most overrated stat in sports and doesn't preculde him going to 50-1. LOL

Fat Abbot

Quote Originally Posted by GorDoom
    They had an interview with Brock between rounds of the Mayweather replay & Brock had little man tits! Holy Christ! Here you are fighting for a piece of the heavyweight championship - & you can't get yourself in freakin' shape???

What's with guys like him, Kirk Johnson & the White Wolf last week? They have a chance to make millions & they eat their shot away?

At least Klit for all his faults - & Lord knows there are many - he at least always shows up in shape.

GorDoom
    Not everyone has the genes for that "ripped" look.

Just because a fighter looks "soft" does not mean he's out of shape, just like not every fighter who looks cut is in shape.

If you don't have the genes then you won't have much of a chance of getting cut, no matter how much you train, unless you use steroids.

I'm not saying that these guys are in great shape or anything, but you can't really make that distinction by looking at how ripped they are.

Fat Abbot

I also think that Wlad is the best out there right now, but let's keep in mind that the only reason he's looked so good in his last 2 fights was because he was in against non punchers.

Wlad basically has a panic attack whenever someone who can punch starts hitting him back. The boxing skill he displays against light hitters disappears, replaced with 2 left feet and a frantic scramble to stay alive.

One thing that Briggs and Maskaev can do is punch, so Wlad really can't be a certainty against either of them, despite their flaws.

Hell, Wlad was saved from a knockout loss against Williamson with the fight being stopped on a Wlad cut. Wlad was barely up at that time on points and the fight had clearly turned Williamsons way with Wlad hurt, scared and exhausted by the end.

Before tyson ruined him I think Ruddock would have destroyed wlad. morrison is a harder call, but even though his chin was bad, unlike Wlad he rarely showed fear and knew how to fight back when hurt.

vCash

I think Ruddock is being dramatically overrated here. Remind me again who he beat that was that good?

Fat Abbot

Remind me again who Wlad beat that was that good.

I'd take the Dokes that Ruddock beat over any of Wlads wins.

vCash

I think our standards for a champion have eroded lower than ever, and my fear is that we may never go back to the days of true stars and respect alongside the other major sports. I haven't bought a pay per view in over a year, and I used to get them all. Boxing has become like Hollywood- no depth, little talent, and a business built on sequels.

Tim

vCash

You do that, and I'll take Sam Peter, bad as he is, or Byrd over that ancient, drugged out, completey out of shape version of Dokes any day. Dokes came in, what, 20 pounds over his peak weight for Ruddock? I'm not making a case that Wlad beats guys like Holy or Tyson, Bowe, Lewis...any of the upper tier. But to say Wlad gets run by guys whose defining moments were gutty losses is a bit of over-nostaligia.

Fat Abbot

Drugged out and completely out of shape he gave Holyfield all he could handle. If Peter needed a gift just to get by an a 37yr old, 80lbs overweight middleweight I think 20lbs overweight sounds pretty good by comparison.

I'd also take Weaver over Peter and maybe old Bonecrusher as well. Actually I think Peter would do better against these guys than wlad would due to his toughness. Wlad didn't look impressive at all against Peter, he clutched and survived against a crude, fighter who's so fat he wears a mumu that didn't know how to fight. I'd definitely take Dokes and hercules over wlad.

Ruddock showed he was gutty in wins and losses, that's what separates him from Wlad who falls apart when attacked.

That's why he's being picked, it's not about overrating.

Ruddock was one of the hardest hitters ever, his hands were quickand in a gunfight he was a tough guy could take a punch and fight back when hurt. It's no secret why that'll give him the edge over the most fragile hw contender in boxing history.
    Last edited by Fat Abbot; 11-12-2006 at 02:25 AM.

vCash

Wlad showed here, as vs Williamson, he can't handle an average boxer-puncher with an ounce of movement/angles and power to keep him honest. I expected Wlad to be cautious in the first round, but his subsequent hesitation later on, coupled with the fact that he was often getting outpunched by the slow and limited Brock, shows that Wlad is still afraid of getting caught with something big. The Brewster fight is still haunting his dreams. Peter was too flat-footed and in the stone age skill-wise to take any advantage, and he still had the Ukranian close to a KO in their bout.

Not a sure bet, but I say Briggs KOs Klitschko in under 4 rounds. Wlad can handle power alone (Peter) and speed (Byrd) but not those two together. Briggs has both, plus surprising counter-punching skills he showed vs Sergui. That spells disaster for the tentative giant.

Razor Ruddock, BTW, destroys him. Too aggressive, quick, and hard-hitting. And I don't think Ruddock was too special.

vCash

croldy...you have to admit...valuev gets to 48 and we are going to have to hear about....and yes. 49-0 is still a big thing.
    greg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast