Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: edwin Rosario vs Salvador Sanchez

vCash

edwin Rosario vs Salvador Sanchez

Could a pre-Ramirez Rosario handle Salvador at around 130 pounds?

vCash

Re: edwin Rosario vs Salvador Sanchez

No.

I'm not that big on Rosario and never have been. The big problem in this matchup is that he's another one of those "elbows out" guys like his stablemate Gomez. That style just leaves too big of an opening to the body and right down the middle to the precision guys. Good style for punching but not effective defensively. I like the variety of punches Sanchez throws with accuracy and his better conditioning and footwork to win a decision.

vCash

Re: edwin Rosario vs Salvador Sanchez

I like Sal's chin.

Rosario was quite simply a thunderous puncher but against Sal, I don't think it matters. Of course I'm one of the few who thinks he beats Arguello, too and mainly for that same reason.

Rosario is very likely to win the lion's share of the first several rounds as Sal wakes up from his usual early fight nap but then the sheer volume of punches starts to break him down, slowly and then suddenly.

I see a more competitive Sanchez-Little Red I or II type of fight.

Sanchez TKO13 Rosario.

Banned
    vCash

I still have no idea

How Sal does at 130, as he never fought at that weight.

And Rosario's stint at 130 was very short and for the most part, he was feasting on blow up middle of the road Feathers.

The only pre Ramirez I Rosario I think we can get a true guage on is the one who took out Edwin Viruet at 135.

Rosario probably was better than Sal at 130, but I can't really tell becuae Chapo's comp was weak and I never saw Sal at that weight.

I think pound for pound Sanchez does to Edwin what Husk broke down. At 130, I have no idea.

Hawk

+ Reply to Thread