Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't Anybody here Want to Talk some NFL Football?

vCash

Re: Doesn't Anybody here Want to Talk some NFL Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyfan
    I'm still going with the colts kicker in my fantasy league. Philly radio is talking that mcnabb is gone after this year. Thank God.
    McNabb in the red-zone has been pretty awful.. however, the Eagles need to run the ball more. Run the ball more. Dont even need to do it well. Just do it. Oh, also have a receiver who doesn't disappear for 75% of the game. (See similar Miles Austin, with his own erratice red-zone QB in Tony Romo)

The Eagles have ridden the passpasspasspasspass for 8 years, and they have had the best period of success since... um... You will ride that offense with the pass-happy keep-the-defense on edge motus operandi until you meet a team with its own vertical game that gets a lead on you. McNabb as the problem? I dont think so.

McNabb gone? Replaced with another guy who is asked to provide 70% of the offense? Must be going after Peyton Manning!

Banned
    vCash

Give me

a Jay Cutler Red Zone highlight reel any day of the week!

Fun Stuff!

Hawk

Banned
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey
    McNabb in the red-zone has been pretty awful.. however, the Eagles need to run the ball more. Run the ball more. Dont even need to do it well. Just do it. Oh, also have a receiver who doesn't disappear for 75% of the game. (See similar Miles Austin, with his own erratice red-zone QB in Tony Romo)

The Eagles have ridden the passpasspasspasspass for 8 years, and they have had the best period of success since... um... You will ride that offense with the pass-happy keep-the-defense on edge motus operandi until you meet a team with its own vertical game that gets a lead on you. McNabb as the problem? I dont think so.

McNabb gone? Replaced with another guy who is asked to provide 70% of the offense? Must be going after Peyton Manning!

you must be dazzled by all the super bowl rings he has, oh wait, there are none. Are you watching the same QB I am where every pass is behind or in the dirt? His saving grace was the dump off to westbrook who had to fight 7-8 yards for a first down almost every 3rd down. Westbrook gone, so is the offense. Except for desean jackson who's busting his ass. It really cheers me up to see mcnabb laughing on the sidelines when his team is losing. Glad to see someones having a good time.

Banned
    vCash

Again

You can have Marc Bulger and Kyle Boeller, straight up for McNabb.

I'll toss in the previous FIVE backups the Rams have had as well, in Gus Ferotte, a 90 year old concussion induced Trent Greene, Brock Berlin, Jamie Martin and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SEVEN QB's for just ONE Donovan McNabb.

All Yours to lead you all the way to the Promised Land!

The Numbers break down like this:

Since 2005 (including that season), the Rams and all 7 of these superb QB's have managed to win a whopping 18 games!

Over that same span, the Eagles have managed to win ONLY 39 Games, and from those wins, Donovan won 31 of them.

IF you spread the wealth among what I like to call the Magnificent Seven, I think you and your fellow Eagles fans will be extremely happy with this MORE than fair trade of 7 for 1.

Let's do this! Today!

Hawk
    Last edited by hawk5ins; 11-23-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Banned
    vCash

Re: Again

Quote Originally Posted by hawk5ins
    Over that same span, the Eagles have managed to win ONLY 39 Games, and from those wins, Donovan won 31 of them.

IF you spread the wealth among what I like to call the Magnificent Seven, I think you and your fellow Eagles fans will be extremely happy with this MORE than fair trade of 7 for 1.

Let's do this! Today!

Hawk
    Fine with me.
    First let me inform the nfl statisticians to wipe out all stats and just put "Donovan won this" for those 31 games.

vCash

Why does everyone always want to talk about McNabb? It puzzles me. He's just another solid QB. He was good enough to get tothe superbowl. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with him as a QB that he would be traded or anything. You work on shoring up your clear weaknesses, not making your strengths stronger.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyfan
    you must be dazzled by all the super bowl rings he has, oh wait, there are none. Are you watching the same QB I am where every pass is behind or in the dirt? His saving grace was the dump off to westbrook who had to fight 7-8 yards for a first down almost every 3rd down. Westbrook gone, so is the offense. Except for desean jackson who's busting his ass. It really cheers me up to see mcnabb laughing on the sidelines when his team is losing. Glad to see someones having a good time.
    Naw. I'm more impressed with him versus the most of the alternatives. Like the guy who stands mouth agape under any discomfiture in your division, who rode a defense and superlative running game and a huge receiver to a dazzling SuperBowl Ring. Yeah he's way better than McNabb. I dont see Big Ben carrying the Eagles to a SuperBowl. He always had a ball control offense and hawking defense, not a blitzblitzblitz defense.

Super Bowl Rings... sure the lack of those can fall at his feet. How about Reid's?

Maybe it is true the time has come to leave. But I think McNabb can say as much in his regard.

Banned
    vCash

Philly

And by all means, do the same for those 18 wins by the Magnificent 7 as well.

Obviously you do know that wins by a starting QB is an NFL stat that is kept by the league, so I won't be telling you anything you don't already know, but over the time frame I have been discussing (2005 to present), McNabb has compiled a measly 31 wins as a starting QB and 87 overall. (Not too far behind Troy Aikman and Steve Young with 94 and just ahead of Roger Staubach with 85.)

THey actually have career leaders in this stat. Of Which Brett Farve leads all QB's followed by John Elway in 2nd place.

No Need to ask the NFL to change everything. They already keep track of it.

And those 18 wins spread out over 7 different Rams QBs since and including 2005? Legit as legit can be!

So nothing to worry about Philly! Quality for Quality!

Hawk

Banned
    vCash

Maybe

This works better in the Football thread:

From Peter King's MMQB article Monday morn on SI:

"Tweet of the Week

"Good morning to all, top of the morning on this awesome football Sunday ALI-HOLMES=OCHO CINCO-NNAMDI'' I damn sure ain't HOLMES either.''

-- @OGOchoCinco, Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Ochocinco, on Sunday at 7:32 a.m. Eastern Time, which means he was up at 4:32 a.m. in California, awaiting his meeting with reigning all-pro cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha in the Black Hole Sunday.

And judging by his tweet, he seems unaware that Holmes actually won that bout.

Ochocinco's line on Sunday: four catches, 67 yards, no touchdowns.

Meh."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Hawk

Banned
    vCash

If I were in vegas, I would bet chicago over the vikes sunday.
    not sure how I feel about favre. I love to watch him play but I don't know the full story of what happened in green bay or NY. I thought with all the interceptions he threw last year he was done. Now look at him.

vCash

Great year for MN so far. Favre has been fairly steady instead of the insane out of control gunslinger firing up interceptions. He is playing like an intelligent veteran. He has a run game to back him up, so he doesn't need to play desperate. He has solid receivers. And the MN defense is good enough that they don't just have to rely on pure offense and Favre can take a sack here and there or just throw it away and have confidence that they can punt and the D can hold their opponents off. All this combines to make a good team effort and the solid record they have.

vCash

Does anyone record or trade superbowl games?

I'm looking for:

VII
    January 14, 1973 Miami Dolphins 14–7 Washington Redskins

VIII
    January 13, 1974 Miami Dolphins 24–7 Minnesota Vikings

X
    January 18, 1976 Pittsburgh Steelers 21–17 Dallas Cowboys

XXI
    January 25, 1987 New York Giants 39–20 Denver Broncos

XXV
    January 27, 1991 New York Giants 20–19 Buffalo Bills

vCash

I'm more of a college football collector but here is a good site and I'm sure you can trade for these games. Just a bit of advice if you go there never mention buying and/or selling. They are really strict about that and they run a pretty tight message board.

http://sportsdvdtrade.proboards.com/index.cgi?
    Last edited by DetroitBomber; 11-26-2009 at 12:33 PM.

vCash

I think Johnson is greatly overrated. G-r-e-a-t-l-y.

Those Cowboys teams were among the very best I've ever seen. Had he left coaching after that, given his success at Okie St and the U prior to Dallas, I'd be willing to put him on the short list of the best ever.

The problem is that he went on to coach the Dolphins and despite having a vastly different type of skillset there, he tried to turn them into the Cowboys. Running Bernie Parmalee and the other dreck they had at tailback 1000 times a game when you have Dan Marino is easily summed up as stupid. His unwillingness to adapt to what he had is a huge black mark for me.

Hell, even complete dolts like Brian Billick adapted. From Moss, Carter and Cunningham, he fel into Lewis, Dilger and a slew of tightends. He changed his philosophy to suit his personnel and with the fortunate inheritance of a nasty D, he had success.

Guys like Belichick, Shanahan and Shula have always shown this ability also. Take Shula as comparison. Griese threw, what 14 passes against the Vikings in the SB? How many did Marino toss against SF? You dance with what you have.

vCash

Thanks Joe Louis, er, Detroit Bomber.

vCash

Adam: While I'm knocking icons, might as well touch on the Vikings this year. OK, maybe they're not one loss with Sage Rosenfels, but they'd be damned close if they weren't. Brett has been outstanding and I can't take that away from him but... I also think the Wr's there are quite a bit better than "solid".

The problem last year was Tarvaris Jackson. That's it. Had Rosenfels been there last year, they damned sure don't lose to the Eagles and I would've liked them against Arizona, destiny or not.

I was thinking when they brought in Sage, he was just enough of a threat and just good enough to spread the field. Then they bring in the explosive Harvin and I start thinking 1-4 in the Super Bowl. Childress is building a nasty squad, with or without Favre. Oddly, the D seems a lot more vulnerable this year, although they're not exactly a sieve by any stretch.

Last year running against them just did not happen.

So while the Saints are the team du jour, I like to see steady improvement over coming from nowhere and I'm sticking with Minny representing the NFC. Thought that before Favre, think it now. I think that Saints D is going to completely come apart at the seams when it matters most, while the Vikes will crank it up a notch when necessary.

vCash

Possibly the worst season in history. So many bad games. So many busts. Possibly an Aints-Bungles Super Bowl. Gawd.

vCash

Huh? I'm enjoying this season. I think there are a lot of solid teams and there have been a number of fun games to watch. And don't forget, there are always a few teams who get hot and emerge at season end and can make it tough for anyone. Don't count out the Cowboys, either. This is an intriguing season in my mind.

vCash

Saints were very impressive last night against the Pats. Looked like a legit 'contenda'.

Banned
    vCash

Despite

My Rams 1-10 record, I too am enjoying the season.

There have been so many end of the game 'wins' this year, I don't see how one could be dissappointed.

Indy's multiple comebacks, Minnesota has had more than a few as well, the melt down by Buffalo aginast NE in a game they had won to kick off the season, the Denver's miracle win in week one (or two?) aginast the Bengals.

New Orleans for as many blow out wins as they have had have had games they were on their way to losing before kicking things in the 4th quarter.

Tennesee's unreal rebound and turn around.

TWO, 11-0 teams.

Belichick looking like an idiot (obviously my personal fav....).

Manning's Unreal season, that is being rivaled by what Brees and an ancient Favre are doing.

TOTALLY enjoying this season.

Hawk

vCash

As a long suffering Saints fan, this season is kinda creeping me out . . .

The crappy thing with being undefeated is that now expectations become so high that anything less than a Super Bowl appearance becomes a colossal dissappointment. This has been an unique season with a unusually weak NFC South and the Saints, an excellent team finally gelling together, have capitalized. But I fear if they can't do it this year it could be awhile afterwards . . .we are due.

vCash

Hags: I always wondered what was worse, long-time suffering Vikings fan here, to get there and get hammered or never even sniff it. Now I was only 4 when the Vikings lost to the Chiefs in SB4, but I remember the devastation I felt when Csonka and then Franco ran through them a few years later and I actually recall plays form the debacle against the Raiders.

I also know a handful of Bills fans and what they went through in the 90's was like pulling wings off of a fly. Horrible, absolutely horrible.

Anyway, at this point, I'm pulling for the Saints, even though I think they are a complete mirage on one side of the ball and it will cost them in the postseason. The thing is, I don't see how it's possible to root against Drew Brees. Imo, if you can't like that guy, there's something wrong with you.

Banned
    vCash

If I may be so bold.....

Belichick CONTINUING to look like an Idiot.

What was that mantra? "One player goes down, we simply plug in a new one."

That philosophy seems to be just flourishing on defense, huh Bill?

Maybe the Belichick worshipers can now read between those lines and understand that that line of his was WHOLLY self serving.

Translation: "It doesn't matter who we have out on the field as long as I am Head coach."

And are there any Skins fans around today who haven't committed Hari Cari (sp?)?

Seeing losses like that (along with the Bills season opener choke agiasnt the Patriots) makes living with a 1-11 team a bit easier. IE: It could be worse.

Hawk

vCash

The Redskins, finally are playing like men, and they still find a way to lose. I am not ashamed to say that I love how they are playing I love the no name guys we have on the field.

But our kicker is out of his mind.

Banned
    vCash

I guess my point is

I'd rather have complete ineptitude, as My Rams currently have, than flirtation with wins such as the Bills and Skins had in my previous two examples, only to have a win erased off of the board in such demoralizing manners.

LITERALLY, I switch channels as the Skins got inside the 5 and said: Game over, Skins have this one. Either they punch it in or kick a FG and make it a 10 point game. Switched over to see the end of the Miami Patriots "blessing" and then saw on the scoreboard 30-30. WTF?

Switched back to Fox and they had the game switched over to the Giants Cowboys, without FINISHING the first game. Giants country here In Vt. More so than Patriots-ville, as the networks come out of Albany NY.

Ugh. Only becuase I couldn't finish watching the game and got to listen to Joe Buck and Aikeman yammer on for 15 mins until the game started. WHILE the other game was in OT.

Just not right.

Hawk

vCash

Re: If I may be so bold.....

Quote Originally Posted by hawk5ins
    Belichick CONTINUING to look like an Idiot.

What was that mantra? "One player goes down, we simply plug in a new one."

That philosophy seems to be just flourishing on defense, huh Bill?

Maybe the Belichick worshipers can now read between those lines and understand that that line of his was WHOLLY self serving.

Translation: "It doesn't matter who we have out on the field as long as I am Head coach."

And are there any Skins fans around today who haven't committed Hari Cari (sp?)?

Seeing losses like that (along with the Bills season opener choke agiasnt the Patriots) makes living with a 1-11 team a bit easier. IE: It could be worse.

Hawk
    Belly knew going into the season that his secondary was going to be thin and stink. That's why they play all these rookies.

Miami however has a good coach, and a relatively uncomplimicated offense. That's why they do well against the Pats.

That and the Patriot pass rush stinks it seems.

When MeeAHme plays NE the same thing happens as when they play the Jits.. the team that SEEMS to be the better team loses.

vCash

this just in.. Kurt Warner is a great (small G) quarterback.

With the Gints.. he was forced into concocting an offensive game plan predicated on a sieve o-line and possession receivers who were not allowed to stretch the field.

Thus, his wilderness years there.

His timing on those throws the last 5 weeks is amazing. Doesn't hurt having Fitzy and Building.. but still.

Banned
    vCash

At the time

When he Left the Rams, I did not think he'd be able to rebound. ANd his miserable Stint in NY, while as you say had more to do with the Line than Kurt, seemed to back that up.

But his rebound in AZ, has been remarkable.

And given Bulger has pretty much played himself out of the league since signing a huge contract in 2006, it gives the "bulger bashers" (yes, such an animal exists. welcome to my world as a Rams fan.) plenty of ammo.

Yes, I wish the Rams still had Warner.

But I also wish Holt and Bruce and Faulk and Pace and Wilkins and Fletcher and so many others were still in their primes and back with the Rams as well.

And while I want Spags to succeed Here (thought Linehan was a complete joke though), I do miss Martz and the GSOT show as well.

Kurt Warner's story is simply amazing and he keeps adding chapters to it. Wish it was all with the Blue and Yellow, but it is was it is.

And Yes, I agree he is/was great.

Hawk

Banned
    vCash

The Belichick thing though

He was SO arrogant during the glory years bragging about he could plug in ANYONE into the system and no ONE player was bigger than the team and they could just keep chugging along.

Well Bill, not Just ANYONE can do the job that was done when you HAD better players.

TALENT, does have something to do with success.

Hawk

vCash

Believe me, I dislike Belly as much as any non-Pat, AFC east fan.

Still, I think his 'team' 'system' coach' thing is a Parcells thing.

He was coddled and cajoled into it, IMO. The media loved to make it out like the Pats were a bunch of 'solid' players plugged into his 'system'. As the Pats rolled, the success in 'they have stars, we have a team' philosophy was allowed to flourish and was no longer recognized as a thing every coach espouses, but was advertised as something Belichick invented; plucked from the olden days when coaches were gruff and grim and players were damned happy to merely be on a roster.

He started to escape into those throw away references to his teams success because he hates being accountable to people who might second guess him and being asked to talk details. That and the dumbass, stupid, fake IR reports.

It's nice to see them struggle... but i won't be truly satisfied with their season until they lose that final game.

Their success was the absolutely awesome timing of their offense with the multiple looks and routes. This has given way to short threat, deep threat standardization as they added the supremely awesome Moss... and Brady has been staked to do more passing each year.

I watch the Jets and have to accept they have a rookie QB... but man, am I upset that they do not blitzblitzblitz then... disguise on defense (like Arizona did last night.. man was that impressive) and then just literally hammerhammerhammer these Pats, and everyone else.

I predict that within 3 years or so, with or without Sanchez, we will see the Jets in the AFC championship, and on the other side, we will see the Packers. Two teams that I believe are not far from adding some (not many) pieces to be real contenders.

Oh, and does Tony Romo know he blew two TDs in the 4th quarter last night?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast