Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chuck Liddell

vCash

Chuck Liddell

I am not really a big fan of the UFC, but I do enjoy watching Chuck Liddell fight. I honestly would have liked to seen him get started in boxing when he was young and then seen how far he might have made it in the boxing world. He certainly has KO power in both fists, crippling power and it would have been nice to have seen him try boxing...he's just too old now for boxing, at what 37, but he will still likely dominate the UFC light hvy ranks for a few more years.

vCash

Re: Chuck Liddell

vCash

A milestone nobody noticed: The Liddel-Ortiz bout was covered on pg. 2 of the Washington Post sports section as a news item. Not only is this a first, it's more coverage than any recent boxing match has garnered.

vCash

Chuck Lidell reminds me of John L. Sullivan. He kind of looks like him, is cut from the same mold. He's a big right hand puncher and very tough. Just as John L. was popular in boxing infancy so is Lidell popular in MMA's infancy. I could imagine either of them being successful in the others arena.
    Last edited by Monte Cox; 01-03-2007 at 10:39 AM.

vCash

FYI, here's footage from Liddel's fight vs. a guy named Jackson in PRIDE. Liddel didn't do so well here...

Liddel Loses...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Juan C Ayllon
    FYI, here's footage from Liddel's fight vs. a guy named Jackson in PRIDE. Liddel didn't do so well here...

Liddel Loses...
    I guess that must have been Peter Jackson wreaking vengeance on John L. for not giving him a fight a century and a bit ago. (Chuckle)

Seriously though, Jackson is not one of the top performers in Pride so it makes you wonder what Emelianenko or Filipovic would do to Chuck (albeit that they are "heavies" as opposed to Liddell's LH status).

Thanks for the link Juan....
    Last edited by Adeyinka; 01-03-2007 at 05:15 PM.

vCash

You're welcome, Ade!

I've heard that UFC guys, for the most part, haven't fared so well at PRIDE.

Cheers,

Juan

+ Reply to Thread