Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JOE FRAZIER W15 OSCAR BONAVENA II (full version exist?)

greek1237

Re: ...

Than I just have to be your humble servent for the honor of LOOKING at the Reel, and not watching the film is self lol. And give you my first born children lol.

brutu

Frazier vrs Bonavena II

Was that bout originally transmitted over closed circuit theaters or on network television?
    Only broadcast on Argentiniaian television?
    Why is it so rare?
    Just think of all the history thats been lost over the centuries because someone just didnt give a sh*t.

Jeri Curl aka Overhand Right

KARL-

Karl- why exactly would the Quarry family not want his many legions of fans to be able to sit back & enjoy his fight with Buster Mathis?

For what reason(S) exactly? Thats just about the stupiest thing i ever heard.

broncano

Re: KARL-

Jer, you said it yourself some posts back: its all about the "death-grip on their shaky old rare reels, and the big satisified rotting smile on their corpse faces"... It must be better than sex :b

zendo59

Which member of the Quarry clan gave you that fight, Karl? It seems at odds with one of their aims at www.jerryquarry.com/index.html which is to get Jerry's better showings out to Joe Public. They are very upset that ESPN Classic seem to keep showing Jerry getting drubbed so why they would want to keep one of Jerry's better efforts a secret is a bit of a mystery. Can you shed any light on this, Karl?

?!

Ah Mr Broncano no less. Would that be the same man of Boxrec-fame? Fancy running into you in this corner of cyberspace!

broncano

Re: ?!

Indeed, that would be me, dearest overhand.

Sad to see the wasteland that boxrec forums have become, that board is so bad its closer to science fiction than to boxing...sort of as if all the members were clones of flex and robsteth.

PS: Still no luck with Whiterspoon-Cummings?

Rafael

That is my exact sentiment. If I was a relative of Jerry's, I would like as many people as possible to see him in one of his finest performances, much more so than having his face turned into a side of beef by Ali over and over and over. This type of behavior is peculiar at best and bizarre at worst.

broncano

well......????

-

Broncano- thats right bro. all i ever do on boxrec now is lurk around 'boxers of the past'occasionally throwing my two cents in. No point even looking at current scene. and the british forum is kinda dull those guys rate way too many British small hall non-entities for my liking.

The moderating is way more hardcore on here which is what boxrec needed to implement back in 2004 before the slippery slope began.

Oh yeah back to the point... Karl my man we're waiting on your response so you so kindly rubbed the salt into my wounds regarding the Mathis/Quarry DVD....

zendo59

Re: -

Doesn't look like "Karl" is going to enlighten us...

Enswell

Frazier-Oscar #2

"Was that bout originally transmitted over closed circuit theaters or on network television?"

It was on tv, but not a network. It was syndicated. I think I watched it on WGN here in Chicago. It was a Madison Square Garden production, I believe. The Garden syndicated a bunch of big fights after the networks dropped boxing in the mid to late sixties, and the early seventies. I remember it as a good, but not great fight.

wolgast

frazier-bonavena promotion

The fight was promoted by Lou Lucchese, a Reading (PA) toy salesmen, who had promoted several of Frazier's pre-championship fights in and around the Philadelphia area, as well as other fights involving the rise of Gypsy Joe Harris. Lucchese always wanted to promote a heavyweight title fight and the legendary Philly promoter Herman Taylor passed on this one because he knew it was a financial loser. Lucchese got backing from a Philly ticket broker as well as from Cloverlay, Inc. (Frazier's syndicated backers) and they helped him with finances. The fight was a toe-to-toe affair, but less than 6,000 paid to see it at The Spectrum and Lucchese lost his shirt. In fact, afterward, one member of Cloverlay was heard to say, "Well, I guess we're in the toy business now." It took Lucchese more than five years to pay off the debts to Cloverlay and to the ticket broker.

Enswell

Oscar-Joe

Yeah, I must have gotten this confused with something else. Ah, the ravages of old age!!!

portopimp

Re: JOE FRAZIER W15 OSCAR BONAVENA II (full version exist?)

frazier/bonevenna 2 definetly exists.................

vCash

I also confirm that it definitely exists

vCash

LOL.

I assume certain people are keeping copies to themselves............?!

vCash

OK, so who's going to be the gentleman that offers it for a trade?....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael
    Just found a reel of Greb-Tunney 2 in a suburban Chicago flea market over the weekend. It's already behind lock and key at my local bank. Heck, I probably won't even watch it myself, but the thing I really care about is that no one else does. I also called my attorney right away and asked him to modify my Living Will so that the reel is placed inside my casket when I move to a better world. Just thought I would rub it in....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

I have Frazier-Bonavena II complete. It's a silent color film but really excellent quality, the best, most vivid and new-looking color film I've ever seen of any 1960s fight. It's about 50 mins. long. Video would be preferred but this film is sharp. I'll be happy to trade it for any of these early Ray Leonard bouts in mint condition: vs. Fernand Marcotte, vs. Johnny Gant, vs. Armando Muniz (not Javier!), or any "rare" Ray Leonard pro fights not already disseminated. I have the latter 3 Leonard bouts in near-excellent condition already, so please only respond if yours is first generation . . . Please send a personal message if interested. Thanks, Michael

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12