Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What threads to read first?

vCash

What threads to read first?

Hi there, I signed up 4 the 1st time this week.

Soz for being so lazy, but I wanted to ask if you could point me to any threads that I should check out first, so I can get up to speed here?

Thanks in advance, Mike

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Re: What threads to read first?

First, let me the first to welcome you to the board, Mike! As to where to start it all depends on where your boxing intertests are.

If you are more into the history of the sport, I would start with the oldtimer's section. If you lean more toward current fighters than start with the modern section.

Also, you will notice at the top of the page two links: 1 says Encyclopedia & has lists of every lineal champ EVER. Plus his record, a pic & in many cases a bio.

The other link says: Wail! That is the CBZ magazine & there you will find 11 years of issues.

Enjoy the CBZ!

regards,

GorDoom

vCash

Most all of the threads on this forum are going to be informative, but as Gor stated, the CBZ Wail would be one's best bet to start as there is a slew of historical information:

www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/aolnws.htm

As to the forum...this is, without question, the best boxing forum on the net with a membership that is loaded with IBRO historian's, former fighters, managers and people from pretty much every facet of the sport.

Three of my personal favorites are Ron Lipton's thread and the Gato Gonzalez thread both of which are in the Old Timers section and then the History of L.A. Boxing by Hap Navarro in the History of California Boxing section.

vCash

I gotta second Barry completely -- I don't even look at any other boxing forums online. I am not closed minded, but I figure when you've got the best, why bother with the rest?

I also love Mr. B's thread -- Frankie & Tony Baltazar

vCash

I agree about Frank B's thread also. And the forum, well I have just about given up the only other forum that I visit as it is just becoming more and more loaded with idiots, which is something that the CBZ forum never has to worry about. There might be some moron who comes on the site every once in a while, but it's usually very briefly as Gor does a wonderful job moderating and keeping the clowns in check.

mikegladsz---You're a fellow IBRO member aren't you?

vCash

Welcome to our little home Mike
    Most of us here have followed the fight game for many years and yet because we have such a great bunch of guys on here. At times we all have had i am sure had to take another look at perhaps a fighter we might have favoured to highly before we joined this site. That's the highest complement i can give the Cyberzone. I myself Mike have followed the fight game for over fifty years and yet felt like a novice when i first came here compared to some we have here.

Now as for our Moderator GorDoom he is going to kill me when he reads this. In my opinion, in reality the job of a Moderator is more akin to the job of a janitor. All you have to do is keep the place neat and tidy and, once in a while, quietly take out the trash.
    Again Mike Welcome -- From Danny UK

vCash

Well said, one and all.

Welcome indeed, Mike. Venture back to any of the other forums after this and you will need to lie down in a dark room and drink copious amounts of Scotch.

That being said, my son, I am always here to help you with the Scotch part.

+ Reply to Thread