Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Frank B., Adam and all the other cornermen out there

vCash

For Frank B., Adam and all the other cornermen out there

Someone shared this with me a long time ago:

“Here we were walking down the aisle toward the ring. Man, was I nervous! After all the hard work with the boxing club, the big moment had finally arrived. Victory, I thought, meant a trip to the state finals and defeat means more hard work until another big chance comes along. We climbed the stairs to the ring and I easily slid my skinny frame through the ropes and stood there gaping at the opponent. Good Gosh! He looked like King Kong in a man suit! Man, I wasn’t nervous anymore – I was scared stiff! The bright lights gave off too much heat and I began to sweat. I wanted to get out of that ring and fast. The announcer sang out the two fighter’s names and weights and the referee called us to the center of the ring for the instructions. All of a sudden, the bell rang and my hair stood up on end. The big brute advanced from the other side of the ring. I slid carefully through the ropes and perched outside the ring. Man, I’m glad I’m just the trainer. I’d sure hate to have to fight that gorilla!”

vCash

Re: For Frank B., Adam and all the other cornermen out there

that reminds me of the old trainer ducking thru the ropes and telling his fighter.."look out here he comes again"
    greg

+ Reply to Thread