Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deigo Corrales vs Boza Edwards

vCash

Deigo Corrales vs Boza Edwards

All I know for sure is someone is getting stopped!Who wins this exciting match-up?

vCash

Re: Deigo Corrales vs Boza Edwards

I give the nod to "Boza," but I'm biased because he's a real cool guy with no bad habits who always had his shit together. When he settled in Las Vegas, he sent his daughters to a private school. The oldest went on to an Ivy League college (Brown) on a full scholarship and the youngest to a pricey private college in California. He would have been a great mentor for Diego, who purportedly left his loved ones with a pile of unpaid bills. Classy guy that he is, Boza was at the funeral paying his respects.

vCash

Boza was a better guy personally, but I think Diego had the better speed, power, height and reach, and Boza's defense wasn't the greatest. Boza wouldn't run, and in a toe to toe type war fight, which is what it would be, I think Diego would probably stop him. But it would be a great fight because Boza was so tough.

Banned
    vCash

Both were Sooo Wide open

And while Corrales does hit harder and is faster, I think this COULD go either way.

Boza was soo strong and his offense was always working.

I'd make Coralles the favorite, but I could see Boza getting to and hurting DIego and physically overwhelming him before Corrales can get the bomb in.

Although the bomb STILL could get in even if Corrales is in huge trouble as he have seen.

I'll roll the dice with Boza, based on what he took from Arguello before he was stopped. Alexis IMO was a harder and more precise puncher. I say Boza can overcome some early rough patches and Corny's strength makes the difference in the middle rounds and he takes Corrales out.

Agian, Corrales CAN also take out Boza and I think deserves to be the favorite in the bout. I'm going with Boza.

Hawk

vCash

In terms of the potential for this to be a great fight it has 5 stars written all over it.

This is a pick 'em fight but I can definitely see Boza being troubled by the height and reach of Corrales. I also recall Boza being bounced pretty decisively by Rolando Navarette so Edwards being stopped isn't out of the question.

At his best I think Boza wins but I'm not betting a nickel on it.

vCash

Boza in a thrilling war over Corrales.He just has that extra "something" to pull it out.

vCash

At 130 lbs or 135 lbs. I think 135 suits the bigger man a lot better. It depnds on how much trouble he has making weight. Boza was cut from stone.
    Slicksters trouble Edwards, Corrales isn't that, but his height, reach and pop may see him take this.
    Last edited by walshb; 01-07-2010 at 01:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread