Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ken Buchanan v Alexis Arguello

vCash

ken Buchanan v Alexis Arguello

Arguello is definitly the greater fighter but is he the better lightweight? I think Ken would be smart enough and fast enough to outbox Arguello and he would also be tough enough to withstand Aguello's deadly combinations when they landed. Buchanan in an upset W15.

vCash

Re: ken Buchanan v Alexis Arguello

I'm not sure, but i will say that Alexis' performance against Jim Watt was vastly superior to Buchanan's, who was actually outjabbed and generally outboxed for almost half of the bout.

vCash

Re: ken Buchanan v Alexis Arguello

My initial and General feeling is that a prime Bucahanan can stay that half-a- step ahead for the win, Ken will not hurt Alexis, but we must not forget that Ken was indeed tough too. Unlike a lot of "Boxers" the ropes were never a Spiders Webb for Ken, who had more "Bounce per Ounce" then most, and whilst Ken's foot movement will present Alexis with problems, Ken also had upper body movement which increased the difficulty in zero'ing in on him, it might be that the excellance of Alexis's technique will make it more readable, and therefore predictable for Ken, than say that of an aggressive adrenalin fueled wild street mugging kid from Panama, - with careless headwork !

Alexis will be a danger with that streight right hand, and indeed left hook, But i do not think give Alexis the protracted exchanges and therefore Duration of Target that he would need to build on, i think Alexis would be a frustrated stalker, getting a glimpse here and there, almost a taste, but never quite managing to sink his teeth into his prey...

Alexis would probably be made favorite of his fabulous record and hitting power, but this is at Lightweight, and against an ever moving Prime Buchanan... to those who say it could never ever happen i say two words....Vilomar Fernandez !

+ Reply to Thread