Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carlos Ortiz v Aaron Pryor

vCash

Carlos Ortiz v Aaron Pryor

Action packed to say the least! Ortiz would be strong enough to keep his composure against Pryor's crazy attacks and win on points or by late stoppage.

vCash

Re: Carlos Ortiz v Aaron Pryor

I like Ortiz winning as you described at lightweight because Ortiz's pinpoint boxing would keep the younger lightweight Pryor at bay, but with the 5 extra pounds at junior welter, I favor Pryor. I think Pryor's relentlessness would eventually tire out Ortiz and with the added power I see a late TKO stoppage or a points verdict for Pryor. It was almost impossible to control distance with Pryor and that is what Ortiz would have to do. Loi fought successfully by crowding Ortiz and Pryor would be on him like white on rice, so to speak.

Deepak

Banned
    vCash

Boy

Usually I normally don;t see varying outcomes from two fighters that were closely associated with two weight classes like this. But Like Deepak, I agree with the different results.

Pryor who was a natural Lightweight, was superior at 140, IMO. Ortiz, who probably was more comfortable at 140, was a superior lightweight.

I agree with Ortiz winning at 135 and Pryor at 140.

Great matchup.

Hawk

+ Reply to Thread