Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Floyd Mayweather senior.........

vCash

Floyd Mayweather senior.........

How competive was he against Ray Leonard?Did he have his moments or was it a onesided beatdown?

Looking at his record Mayweather senior has a couple of good wins but thats about it.He lost to Starling 2 times and early in his career he was knocked out in the 2nd round.I actually believe Roger Mayweather was the better pro or was it a case of Mayweather Senior having alot of skill and not training right?

vCash

Re: Floyd Mayweather senior.........

It was a one-sided fight.Floyd takes a pretty bad beating in the last few rounds and is outboxed throughout.

He was a fairly nondescript stylist with very fast hands.I tend to think he would lose more often than not if put against the notable contenders of his time like Ranzany, Green, Shields,Jones, Weston...

vCash

Re: Floyd Mayweather senior.........

Quote Originally Posted by triplejab34
    How competive was he against Ray Leonard?Did he have his moments or was it a onesided beatdown?

Looking at his record Mayweather senior has a couple of good wins but thats about it.He lost to Starling 2 times and early in his career he was knocked out in the 2nd round.I actually believe Roger Mayweather was the better pro or was it a case of Mayweather Senior having alot of skill and not training right?
    Mayweather Sr. was a good fighter with fast hands.

The Leonard-Mayweather fight is on YOUTUBE in it's entirety. It's pretty much a one sided beating that should have been stopped much earlier.

Roger was the better fighter but had a bit of a weak chin that betrayed him more than a few times.

+ Reply to Thread