Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2100

Thread: Ron Lipton: Q & A Thread

vCash

Re: Ron Lipton: Q & A Thread

Ron, as always, thank you for sharing your expertise. I do not know of any expert who is as generous with their knowledge as you are.

vCash

Thank you Dino,
    kind of you to say so.

best,
    R

vCash

Mr Lipton, had a fight yesterday and won a decision.

Thought you would be interested in seeing, as always I highly value your opinion on it.

I'm in the blue corner.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brooner6.../0/1Qsv2XHtr8c

Thanks again

Greg

vCash

Get back to you soon champ. I just posted briefly on the Showtime bout.
    My dog, my child, of 13 years 4 months and 17 days, died in my arms yesterday and it was the hardest hit of my life, even with the loss of human loved ones.
    This was my #1 piece of my heart outside my family.

I will watch it Greg in the next couple of days when I calm down from this loss. My heart and soul go without question out to Danny's family and I feel that loss too greatly. This is just my own personal world of loss for me.

best,
    Ron

vCash

Sorry to hear about that Mr Lipton, take your time am in no rush.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lipton
    Get back to you soon champ. I just posted briefly on the Showtime bout.
    My dog, my child, of 13 years 4 months and 17 days, died in my arms yesterday and it was the hardest hit of my life, even with the loss of human loved ones.
    This was my #1 piece of my heart outside my family.

I will watch it Greg in the next couple of days when I calm down from this loss. My heart and soul go without question out to Danny's family and I feel that loss too greatly. This is just my own personal world of loss for me.

best,
    Ron

Ron,

Sorry for your loss...I know how you must feel. Non dog owners dont understand how close we get to our pups. They are completely loyal and dedicated to us and we develop a close bond. I've had my dog for 9 yrs and, God Forbid, when that day comes I will be devastated.
    Last edited by Elwill7847; 05-23-2010 at 01:29 PM.

vCash

Ron:

My condolences on the loss of your canine companion. It was a wise man indeed who bestowed the sobriquet "Man's Best Friend" on this noble species.

Regards,
    Kyoodle

vCash

thank you so much my strong friends, very, very much appreciated.
    My love truly goes out to Danny and his family a loss that is incomprehensible.

I lost contact with my own daughter for 13 years that I raised myself, and my dog Sweetie was like my own little girl that I raised too. When they die in your arms a part of you goes away forever you become so attached to them and them to you.

Back to boxing soon. People's losses like Rocky, Danny and others are so heart felt by me, their strength and courage is always an inspiration to me to deal with terrible pain too.

blessings,
    Ron

vCash

Super sad about your puppy Ronnie. I know how you feel mate. Chin up.

vCash

I'm sure you've all seen this before, but just in case:

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

vCash

Very sad, I'm sorry to hear Ron.

I've lost 2 former family members (dogs) and the current (3rd) one probably won't be too far behind considering he is now at the ripe old age of 15 but still kicking and fighting fit!

All the best, I know the pain it causes but such happy memories and love they provide!

vCash

Ron, You will probably think I am a sentimental fool for believing this, but trust me, one day you will see your four-legged pal again and neither one of you will be burdened by the aches and pains of time, old age, or have to worry about not seeing each other again. This time your companionship will be permanent.

vCash

Love you all for taking the time to write.
    Doug, I printed that out, showed it to my family and they instantly wept it was so beautiful.

I pray to see her again one day, maybe she is giving Danny a big kiss right now.
    I always keep the faith. Thanks again so much, it makes it easier to know other people understand how much you love your dog. Sweetie will guide me to another one who needs love and care soon.

vCash

Having a dog offers a companionship void of the confusion and struggle that is often the nature of human relationships... it is one that is simple and true. Unconditional affection and attention. I've cherished such time with a pet myself and my heart truly goes out to you buddy.

vCash

A small glimpse of my Sweetie as a puppy a couple of months old in 1997.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d1-gNnKCcw

http://pleasantvalleyveterinary.com/blog/

http://www.samafund.org/id100.html

Thank you my friends,

vCash

ha ha, very cute! She has a little glint in her eye, sure looks like she enjoyed life!

vCash

Ron my condolences on the loss of your companion to. I know first hand what a dog can mean to a human. In 1974 I was for five weeks doing vacation at my cousin and her man. And it was horrible. I knew them pretty well but what I didn’t know was how they lived together: Constantly screaming, yelling, smashing with doors, ect. Many times my hair went in a Don King fashion straight up. I think you get the picture. They lived in a small village where was nothing to do. The only escape I had was their dog called Pasja. He was always over-enthusiast when he saw me. Nearly hysterical. As we here in Holland say, I could read and write with him. So during these five weeks everyday we walked for hours, in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening. This dog made the situation bearable. I wonder how it would have been without him. Unfortunately after this I, or better we, never saw each other again. He sure must have missed me a lot since I gave him busloads of attention, something his owners never did. And even now, thirty-six years later, I once in a while still think about him. Yeah, a dog can really make a difference.

Regards Theo
    Last edited by Theo Netherland; 05-25-2010 at 10:51 AM.

vCash

So sorry. I met you only once and that was when you approached me to comment how my then young dog looked just like yours. I lost her a few years ago at 10.

they were very similar in appearance and age. If you dont mind me asking where did you get her. I got mine from a mixed couple near the river in newburgh
    Last edited by jlupi; 05-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.

vCash

Welterweight and Theo,
    thanks so much for writing. All of us have lost people in our lives, me my father, my mom dying hopelessly right now, relatives, yet the bond I had with my pit bull Sweetie hit me the hardest as stated. They have some effect on you, linked to your heart forever. Thank God I have been spared the loss of a child, or mate for life, like so many of my strong friends have had to endure.

I just happen to be a person since childhood that is bonded in blood to my pets. I called the pet cemetery today and asked them to hold off of the cremation so I could drive down to Connecticut and hold and kiss my dog goodbye again along with my family. They let me and it was like being with her again in life, my girlfriend filmed the final goodbye and it will sustain me.

I go to see a new black pit bull female 1 year old rescue dog tomorrow morning. Hope we all hit it off. In the meantime thank you so much, my prayers for all my friends who have lost more than me, Rocky, Danny's family and all you strong brothers who love animals like me.

blessings always,
    Ron

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlupi
    So sorry. I met you only once and that was when you approached me to comment how my then young dog looked just like yours. I lost her a few years ago at 10.

they were very similar in appearance and age. If you dont mind me asking where did you get her. I got mine from a mixed couple near the river in newburgh

R. Please tell me where we met as I remember encounters where someone else's beautiful dog reminded me of my little Panther Sweetie. I met Sweetie with God's help on Feb 11, 1997, where a powerful buddy of mine, a Sumo Wrestler, MMA fighter, told me of a family called the Coddington's who had a litter of Pit Bull puppies for sale.

I saw the Sire, "Moe" the most fierce powerful black Pit Bull I ever saw, and his also fierce looking mate the mother "Pee Wee," who was big and strong.

The runt of the little kept trying to get to me for a kiss and hug and the others much bigger would not let her. So immediately I go for the underdog and picked her up and named her "Sweetie" because she would not stop kissing me.

We stayed together for 13 years, 4 months and 17 days with hundreds so help me God of kisses for her each day from me and my family.

There will never be another like her, I wanted the kindest dog not the toughest. I do all the fighting in my family, all the others are the most kind and forgiving souls, so I protect them all. (Smile.)

So sorry for the loss of your dog too, what was the dog's name?

vCash

Ron,
    2 things: first off, I have owned many pitbulls and if brought up properly they are fine, gentle, loving pets. Unfortunately, they have become the dog of choice for idiots and this has given them a bad name. A dog is what his owner makes him. They really are lovely animals and great roadwork companions.
    Second, a training question: will hitting the heavy bag build muscle?

Thanks, Ron.

vCash

Yes truly a very gentle loving and loyal dog breed. I have had two both lasted over 13 years and were the kindest animals to all, as I raised them to be like that.

Hitting the heavy bag is a necessity for fighters. It works the entire body if done properly from the floor on up and will build and polish functional muscle.

If one is bodybuilding with certain size building goals through resistance training, pyramiding weight you will be making that muscle grow to move that weight and then you will build muscle whether doing lateral raises for the delts or wide grip pull downs for the lats.

Without resistance which breaks the muscle down and rebuild, replenish and grow to meet the task you put upon it, the achievement of size is limited to a certain level.

However hitting the bag, exploding on it, driving through it, using all your muscle, torque and explosive power puts a quality look to the whole body that has polish and gives the upper back, arms and shoulders explosive power which is like a real jungle cat.

If done right and on a regular basis it will build functional fighter's muscle along with the proper bodybuilding program geared for a boxer.

Even as a supplemental exercise for the reverse, a mainstream bodybuilder, that person male or female will look much better than someone who does not hit that bag. I see it all the time.

best,
    Ron

vCash

Nikita, I have had multiple dogs my whole life and she was the best. Absolutely great with the kids and animals. Great ambassador for the breed. After she passed my wife was reluctant to get another pitbull as she felt she was replacing nikita, her death really hit the family hard. We ended up getting a coonhound mix about a year later. Let me tell you this dog has transformed me into a pro dog trainer. You name the "issue" she had/has it.

I met you when my wife was standing on line to get the dogs pic taken w santa (she was our first born LOL) in the newburgh mall.
    Last edited by jlupi; 05-26-2010 at 09:21 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lipton
    I go to see a new black pit bull female 1 year old rescue dog tomorrow morning. Hope we all hit it off.
    Are you sure Ron about getting another dog? As I see it people with a police background are not the best suited for dealing with dogs. See for yourself:

Pitbull Attacks Female Animal Control Officer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd5uv...eature=related

By the way, how do you defend yourself if you get bitten in the hand like this officer? I suppose Bas Rutten would suggest a kick in the groin. What would you do Ron?

Untamed and Uncut: Attack Dog Bites Reporter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLnj...eature=related

Is officer Best also the best?
    Last edited by Theo Netherland; 05-26-2010 at 02:32 PM.

vCash

Im surprised that second indecent happened as the officer should have seen it coming. The dog stiffened up ears back staring its all there but things happen fast.

vCash

Im surprised that second indecent happened as the officer should have seen it coming. The dog stiffened up ears back staring its all there but things happen fast.
    The dog gave all the signs. Officer Best wasn't at his best. I hope for him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Theo Netherland
    Are you sure Ron about getting another dog? As I see it people with a police background are not the best suited for dealing with dogs. See for yourself:

R. Theo, in the name of God, what kind of question or statement is that for me?

I just lost my dog who had the most love any human being could give from me for 13 years, 4 months and 17 days. Before that my other pit bull who I raised from a puppy had an equal amount of such love for 13 years and 8 months before I lost her to cancer.

I cannot speak for most guys with police backgrounds, some I have put through a brick wall, others I would take a bullet for, depends on the person.

Pitbull Attacks Female Animal Control Officer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd5uv...eature=related

By the way, how do you defend yourself if you get bitten in the hand like this officer? I suppose Bas Rutten would suggest a kick in the groin. What would you do Ron?

R. I will check it out and promise I will get back to you. I have been attacked too as a boy by a German shepard and a person must defend themselves. I love animals so damn much it would be hard for me to hurt one. I saw one of the nicest kids I knew attacked by a police dog for no damn reason except he complained about a parking ticket, the cop that did it to him was a bloody coward. I blame the person not the dog who causes them to do these things.

Untamed and Uncut: Attack Dog Bites Reporter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLnj...eature=related

Is officer Best also the best?
    I will check it out, just too much grief right now missing my dog.

vCash

Nikita, I have had multiple dogs my whole life and she was the best. Absolutely great with the kids and animals. Great ambassador for the breed. After she passed my wife was reluctant to get another pitbull as she felt she was replacing nikita, her death really hit the family hard. We ended up getting a coonhound mix about a year later. Let me tell you this dog has transformed me into a pro dog trainer. You name the "issue" she had/has it.

I met you when my wife was standing on line to get the dogs pic taken w santa (she was our first born LOL) in the newburgh mall.

R. I vaguely remember but some people tell me I have been hit in the head too much. Hope to meet you again,
    best,
    Ron

vCash

I just checked those two videos out, and I have seen them before.
    Very bad woman who sic the dog on female animal control officer, very bad thing to do.

The reporter meant no harm, but his position was wrong and police dogs are very aggressive.

My dogs are always friends, I am the only S.O.B. who does the fighting in my family (Smile.)

I always disliked aggressive mean dogs and people too.

Friendly and respectful are always a winner with me.

best wishes,
    Ron

vCash

Mr. Lipton,

I wanted to run a fantasy fight by you because I think the styles would make for a lot of fun...

Your man, Dick Tiger vs Rodrigo Valdez.

Valdez is a fighter I'm just now beginning to fully appreciate. Nice movement on the feet, moves his head and upper body with class and has those short power shots that he can deliver in combination. A top notch fighter as far as I can see.

Surely he wouldn't find Tiger as easy with clean shots as he did Bad Bennie, but I think he would make it interesting.

I remember you saying that you'd favour Tiger in a shoot out with any middle in history, and I would agree with you on that. But it made me think about middles who might be able to hold there own, and I came up with this guy because of his own power, countering ability, and combination punching. Some of those short shots are hard to see coming. You don't want to move into one. Of course, against any middleweight, you have to favour Tiger to go the full 15, being that he was made of granite.

I think Valdez' style is more suited for shorter fighters than the range and awkwardness of a Monzon.

How do you see it playing out?
    Last edited by prodigious1; 05-27-2010 at 09:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread