+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Lipton: Q & A Thread

mikeydepaula

Re: reply

would you help me ron?

Ronald Lipton

Mike,

as a former member of that Prosecutor's Office I can do nothing to get involved in this, not even to mention my name.

Your efforts would have more weight than anyone as Frankie's son.

Just call the Prosecutor's Office, as a citizen and ask them to send you the F.O.I.L. forms and make your request. That 's all there is to it.

I am also pretty broke right now and taking care of 3 sick people with a part time job. I'm fighting to get my refs license back and I am so far removed from that stuff I can't begin to explain.

You can mail me the new number on Carter at blkleopard21@aol.com

Good luck on that Mike, just write them in plain english and tell them what you want, they will either do it or they will not.

Best,

Ron

mikeydepaula

hey ron i emailed you rubin carters new phone# ok

mikeydepaula

ron i just sent it. i went on one of his web sites years i told who i was and i wanted to talk to him and 2 days later he called me

mikeydepaula

how i got the new number is when i called his house the message said his number is changed and they gave the new one:hat

Ronald Lipton

Mike,

I did not receive it.

PS Do you spell your last name DePaula or Depaula without the capitols?

mikeydepaula

ill send it again. i spell it DEPaula

mikeydepaula

ron i just emailed you the # i emailed to blkeopard21@aol.com

mikeydepaula

hey ron ade just mailed a copy of his book i should have it by thursday i cant wait

mikeydepaula

ron i forgot to tell something.i just found out that i have a a second sister from my father her name is donna. she found me last month via internet.she said she has been looking for me a very long time. i went to jersey city 2 weeks ago to meet her. she looks some what like me. ill be staying at her house for a few days down the shore.she knows my dad was her father but she does not know who her mom is. she was giveing to this couple when she was 2 years old. talk to you later. mike

mikeydepaula

:hat

Ronald Lipton

Mike,

the e-mail is blkleopard21@aol.com

you did not spell it right.

How did you get the current # on Carter?

thanks

mikeydepaula

hey ade i just got off the phone with rubin carter. i told him about your book. also rubin is going to help me get a copy of the tiger vs depaula fight film. any any other films on my dad

Adeyinka

Re:Carter

Hey, if Rubin wants a signed copy let me know. I hope that it doesn't bring him too many bad memories though -when you read the book Mike, it's in there because Ron told me Rubin admitted that it was the biggest whupping he ever took inside or outside the ring.

mikeydepaula

Re: Re:Carter

ok i will

mikeydepaula

i just called rubin he was not home so i left him a messagr to call me ok

mikeydepaula

ade i just spoke to him again. he gave me his address ill email it to you. make sure nobody get his address ok mike

mikeydepaula

hey ade now write a book about me ha ha

Ronald Lipton

Mike DePaula:
    You e-mailed me this when I requested Carter's address & phone.

"rubin does not want to give his address out.the book is a diffent story.i
    told him i gave you his new number he really wasnt to pleased sorry buddy."

You also posted to Adeyinka Makinde not to give out Rubin's address to anyone.

I hope you get the film Mikey, we all want to see it.
    I must however tell you how I feel about all this.

I supplied Rubin with many of his fights at my own time and expense.

Many boxing historians I know who have friends in the film business cannot get that fight because it has not been transfered to tape yet.

Carter will not be able to get that fight although it is nice of him to tell you that.

It will cost thousands to do and after I got Muhammad Ali to put up $10,000 bail for Rubin in 1976 to set him free, I asked Carter to put up $5000 to help me in a self defense case.

He was making at least $10,000 per lecture and basically hung up on me to avoid helping.

Sooo if you get the film, and you were only 5 years old when we were trying to find out who shot your father, and Carter wil put up the $1000's to get the film for you, my hat is off to you Mikey, because after a lifetime of helping him, visiting him in prison for years, I happened to need his help one night when he was answering the phone drunk.

I needed a friend to help me and he did not want to get involved. He was busy. Some day you should speak to George Chuvalo who will tell you what Rubin did to his son before his son died after George and his son helped Rubin survive after he left the Canadians. It is some story.

But now the "New" Rubin will help you get the film and doesn't want anyone to have his address as you posted to Adeyinka Makinde.
    I don't think anyone wants to bother Rubin Carter anymore, trust me. He should be glad anyone on earth wants to ever call him again.

After people helped him get out of jail, survive jail, and get the whole publicity campaign going for him, he turned his back on everyone including his own son.

Ask Mike DeLisa and Steve Gordon here what they think of him.

When you asked me to help you as to finding out who killed your father I did what I could.

Then I asked you to give me Carter's new address as I knew him all my life. You literally called him back and asked him if it was ok, and he said no.

Do you know what that is like for me to ask you permission to get an address of Carter and you refuse, as the little kid who was 5 while I was killing myself to help Carter and your father while he was in the hospital.

You should have just on your own given it to me based on who I am and what I tried to do for Carter and your father, instead of begging Carter for permission.

You should have said, Hey pal, I gave it to Ron Lipton, because he was there for you all your life, if he has something to write to you, then so be it.

I have his address now anyway and no one is going to bother Mr. Carter Mikey, so don't worry.

I got your e-mail telling me that you called Carter and asked him if it was "OK" to give me his address.
    Why do that to begin with. To be polite?
    C'mon bro, you ask me to put it on the line for you and help you find a murderer, and you waiver on giving me the address of a guy I knew since I am 12.

Sheet. Good luck with Rubin Carter.

This is what makes life obnoxious and crazy.
    He's some fucking movie star now, I knew him when he was puking vodka out of car windows and punching out helpless women.

As I said, Ask George Chuvalo about what Rubin did to his son when they were trying to help him, and what he did in the place they gave him to stay in.
    As far as him not wanting lifelong friends to have his phone and address and me having to hear it from a kid who was 5 while I was visiting him in prison and your father in the hospital, sorry Mikey that kind of conduit is a little hard to take for my 60 year old mind these days.
    The disrespect is mind bending.

Everyone should read this:

graphicwitness.com/carter...story.html

<< Prev Topic |

StingerKarl

Carter

Ron is correct about the price; I would estimate when all is said and done it will cost between $3,500.00 and 5 Grand to have that fight transferred, Mikey as I had one of Jerry Quarry's done years ago.
    I don't know Rubin personally; but he dosen't seem like the type of guy that would foot the bill for something like that.
    Hope you get it and enjoy your dad's finest hour.
    In a fight like that-there are no losers.
    Take care;
    Karl

mikeydepaula

Re: Carter

ron there is no disresepct

mikeydepaula

hey guess what bob foster just calld me he is sending an autograpg picture!!!!

mikeydepaula

Ron,

I am sorry you felt i did you wrong, but out or respect for Rubin i should have not giving you his address and phone #, but out of respect for you i did. When someone ask you not to give out personnel info about them you shouldnt. I think you can understand that. Its just not right. And please stop trying to turn people against me and my father on the message board. Lets just forget about all of this, and get on with it, and lets just put the misunderstanding behind us. Also i want you to know that i like rubin and he is a friend of mine. so i dont want to hear anything bad about him. Lets just act like this never happened.

Your friend
    Mikey De Paula

mikeydepaula

ron,

I hope you understand that out of respect for Rubin when he told me not to give out his address and #, i should not have. but i gave it to you. I know that if some one ask you for someone personnel info and they told you not to give it to anyone you wouldnt. So lets forget this all happened.

I also would appreciate it if you have your friends stop talking bad about me and my father on the message board.

Your friend
    Mikey de Paula

thumper3852
    I'm beginning to wonder how much longer this is going to go on.................

StingerKarl

Yes

I don't recall anyone talking bad about Frankie DePaula or Mikey on this board; in fact I know they didn't.
    Karl

Ronald Lipton

Mike,

Everyone thinks what they want to, no one has to rewrite history on Rubin Carter, everyone knows about it.

When you say you don't want to hear anything bad about him, you would have to eliminate the two people who run this board. One is Mike DeLisa the founder who was an Assistant District Attorney in the City and everyone in his office felt Carter was guilty of murdering 3 innocent people.

Steve Gordon, Gor-Doom also has a right to his opinion and it ain't too good about Carter.

Then there is me. If you read the link Mike, what more is there to say. I dedicated half my life to save the man and what he did and said in a crisis is pathetic and beyond dishonorable.

No one's "friends" are turning against you, relax.

What do you mean against your father remark though, that was puzzling to me? I can't figure that one out though.
    Frankie had some reputation in Union City Mike, ask any cop from that era and the boxing guys who were with him.
    I liked him and stuck by him and probably knew him a lot longer than you at 5 years old you said.

I'm sure you thought you were doing the right thing by Carter and that's cool. Just no one here wants to hear about the idiosyncricies of Rubin Carter anymore with his secret addresses and phone numbers, thats what pisses people off after the way he treats his friends.

One would think he would be happy for anyone on earth to call him now that had genuine concern for him.

Do you think you know him better than me Mike? You talked to him on the phone a few times and you're his pal?
    Ok, I respect that, but only after you read graphicwitness.com
    then tell me what you think ok?

Now, no more of this lets keep it to boxing only.

mikeydepaula

I know that you know Rubin better then me, but i still like the guy, he hasnt done anything to me. So as far as iam concern this matter about rubin is closed. So lets just drop it, i really dont want to hear anyones personnel feelings about him.

Thanks
    Mikey De Paula

GorDoom

Re: Yes

Then you shouldn't have asked in the first place. You ask a question here & you're going to get an answer. C'mon Mikey, lighten up.

GorDoom

mikeydepaula

Re: Yes

yes i will . im a ginny sorry

+ Reply to Thread