Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ibragimov vs Holyfield Predictions, Press, Discussion

vCash

Re: Igbragimov-Holyfield Pre-Fight Press & Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by prodigious1
    I saw the fight, and Evander looked OK for his age. The style and the fact that Sultan basically stunk out the joint was what held Holy back. He still landed 9/10 of the hardest punches of the fight. In fact, Holyfield barely got hit at all.

I don't worry about his safety in the way that people did for Ali at the end because Holyfield isn't fighting killers like Ali was, and he's not getting hit in his comeback. Ali's whole style at the time, in the gym and in the ring was to get the shit kicked out of him, and come back.

And enough with the "tarnishing his legacy" stuff. Has that really ever been true?

Duran....Robinson....Ali....

Is anything lost?

Holyfield CAN still beat relevant heavyweights today. I have no doubt about that. He just needs a willing dance partner. No more cutish, non-engaging opponents.

Gimme Tua, Mollo, Brewster, Peter, McCall....

Yep.
    I'm in agreement albeit not a popular one here.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by prodigious1
    I saw the fight, and Evander looked OK for his age. The style and the fact that Sultan basically stunk out the joint was what held Holy back. He still landed 9/10 of the hardest punches of the fight. In fact, Holyfield barely got hit at all.

I don't worry about his safety in the way that people did for Ali at the end because Holyfield isn't fighting killers like Ali was, and he's not getting hit in his comeback. Ali's whole style at the time, in the gym and in the ring was to get the shit kicked out of him, and come back.

And enough with the "tarnishing his legacy" stuff. Has that really ever been true?

Duran....Robinson....Ali....

Is anything lost?

Holyfield CAN still beat relevant heavyweights today. I have no doubt about that. He just needs a willing dance partner. No more cutish, non-engaging opponents.

Gimme Tua, Mollo, Brewster, Peter, McCall....

I look forward to seeing the replay this weekend.

Registered User of Colorful Quips
    vCash

That was supposed to be Igbragimov, to some extent. He was supposed to engage Holyfield, but wanted the sure win instead. And now both are tarnished by the result and, truthfully, I'd be more excited about seeing Holyfield fight again instead of Igbragimov.

Not that I want to see Holyfield fight again, it's just that I couldn't care less about seeing Sultan again.

And "White Tyson" (I recall him being called that at some point, on a promo) my ass, he never even took a nibble at Holy's ear!
    Shawn

Banned
    vCash

why does everyone always bring up Tua's name? His best fights were 10 years ago, izon, maskaev, ibeabuchi, ruiz, wilson. those were back in 1997.
    I really don't want to see holyfield fight again. I want to see a younger heavyweight, one who throws combinations, one who's not gassed by the 5th round, one who can slip punches, or just one with a good, effective jab.
    stop it allready with mccline, moorer, holyfield, mccall, tua, grant. savarese...etc.

Administrator
    vCash

I didn't think Sultan had that kind of boxing in him. He certainly didn't box like that when he fought Whitaker which is what got me interested in him in the first place. To his credit he boxed Holy's ears off & made him look about as useless as he did against Byrd. Since Whitaker none of Sultan's fights were exciting other than when he fought Mora who is terrible.

Tua is has been inflating his record on nobodies for 4 years now on what's been more of a effort to keep him under 250lbs than a real comeback. Back in August he actually came in at his lowest weight since fighting Byrd only to gain 6lbs in a fight the following month. Hard to believe he'll be 35. The fact remains that Tua still struggles to beat anyone with a somewhat average jab. Holy might as well fight Tua since neither of them are going anywhere fast.

I thought Chagaev was considered the white Tyson no?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234