Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Danny Lopez vs Jeff Fenech

vCash

Danny Lopez vs Jeff Fenech

Could Lopez withstand Fenech's relentless pressure and win?

Banned
    vCash

I think this is a pretty damn good matchup

I love Danny Lopez and his power is an equalizer in nearly every bout he participates in.

Fenech's best weight I feel was Jr. Feather. At that weight, think he is among the top 5 that that division ever produced with Gomez, being the clear choice for #1 and Jeff ranking alongside Barrera and Morales.

Pound for pound, I think THAT Fenech was a superior fighter to Lopez.

However at 126, Fenech was not quite as explosive and I think the two are on even par.

Fenech's hands were chronically killing him. Lopez's chin was reachable and dentable, but he always got up. Jeff's pressure and pace would be grueling, but at some point, in the bout and after Lopez has already visited the canvas, I think he connects with a BOMB that Fenech does not fully recover from.

I see this as a fight fans dream with multiple knockdowns scored, plenty of leather connecting and a dramatic late rounds turnaround by Lopez who either forces a stoppage after dropping and hurting Fenech or he dominates down the stretch AFTER hurting him to rally for a close decision.

Either way, a breath taking bout.

Hawk

vCash

Re: Danny Lopez vs Jeff Fenech

Fenech may have been the best in the business during his time at cutting off the ring. Trying to cut off the ring to accept Lopez' explosive power seems to mandate a collision of monumental proportions.

I agree partially with Hawk, but I am not sure if Fenech does not get finished off when hurt (and he would be hurt unless somehow he blitzes Lopez) that he would lose down the stretch to Lopez. I have seen more of Jeff than Danny however, and as such, cannot comment as definitively as Hawk can and did.

I'd go with Fenech to win this bout at 126, but Lopez was (seemingly) the bigger man with the bigger one shot power. The hands issue is very pertinent here, and if Fenech cannot rip his shots, he is in danger. Maybe I don't pick Jeff after all.........

vCash

Re: Danny Lopez vs Jeff Fenech

fenech would come tearing into lopez and i see him winning the most of the early rounds but i see him walking on to a lopez right hand bomb and being blasted out after being ahead on all score cards

+ Reply to Thread