Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dexter

vCash

Re: Dexter

FANTASTIC season-opening episode! How great is Lithgow at doing creepy? And the ending? Oo-FAH!

I think the pending domestication issues surrounding Dexter are going to lead to some very clever and unusual plot-twists. How many of you thought he was "hunting" while he had his infant in the car with him, for instance?

As for Velez (LaGuerta), I don't know...maybe it's just me, but I would--to quote Sir Laurence Olivier--boink her senseless if given the chance.

She doesn't look too shabby in this shot:

http://www.FilesOverMiles.com/b2dc8e...a480394da895f4

Anyway, looking foward to great seasons of Dexter, CYE, and Californication (I especially appreciate some of the music they've utilized over the last couple of seasons; especially the Zevon stuff).

Kyoodle

vCash

Yes, I am really liking this season, and eagerly await each week's episode. Just can't get enough of this show. Yup, CYE is great this season too.

vCash

I was kind of disappointed with the second episode (since the first set it up to be really something special but it was just okay), but the third episode was back to excellent. Does anyone know what Lithgow rubbed on the pavement after forcing the lady to commit suicide? He had a small jar that he dipped his finger in and drew a line of it on the pavement. The cops didn't see anything there so I was wondering if anyone knew the significance.

vCash

Judging by how he later poured some contents from a tube, back into a cremains urn, I'm going to say it was his Ma's ashes.

BTW, I'm thinking Lundy is not only on to Lithgow's character, but he's definitely got his eye on Dexter. Unless they kill Lundy off somewhere along the way, I would look for him to be pivotal on any finale of this show.

Banned
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoodle
    BTW, I'm thinking Lundy is not only on to Lithgow's character, but he's definitely got his eye on Dexter. Unless they kill Lundy off somewhere along the way, I would look for him to be pivotal on any finale of this show.
    Looks like that plotline may have been taken care of tonight, no?

Interesting episode. In these smotheringly PC times, I fully expected the lady cop to out-karate-fy Dex in their fight, but he took her right down, didn't he? Of course, he was able to do the same to ex-special forces vet Doakes a couple of seasons back.

Somehow, I missed this development: since Dexter's previous victim storage site was found and attributed to "the Bay Harbor Butcher," what has he been doing with the chopped up remains of the bad guys since? Still dropping them in the ocean? Pushing them into a time/space de-locator that delivers them via teleportation into the heart of the sun?

Eating them?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. PeteLeo.

vCash

He had the boat out to do a burial at sea in LAST week's episode. Pretty cool using the boxing ring in the abandoned arena as his abattoir.

BTW, what make and model IS the "Slice of Life"?

vCash

Since his dump site was found, Dexter is boating further out to sea and dumping the body parts in a place that the ocean currents will draw them out to sea. He doesn't weigh them down anymore.

It was a terrific episode, but if Lundy is really dead, I will miss him. Carradine was so charismatic in that role that I was in fact hoping he would become a permanent cast member now that he is retired from the FBI.

So is the general consensus that he was killed by the tourist murderer, or that Lithgow felt the web closing in and killed him, making it look like Lundy was a victim of Miami's other serial killer? I think it is the second case myself, since they went out of their way not to show his face and that the other guy is in hiding since running into Angel and Laguerta a episode or two ago.

vCash

Carradine has experienced quite a renaissance in his career since his salad days in "Nashville"; first, his great turn as Wild Bill Hickok on "Deadwood", where he was the only character who could hold his own in a scene with Al Swearingen, to this great role on "Dexter".

I'm with you, TKO, on your scenario. Lithgow's realization that Lundy was in Miami and obviously on his trail pushed him to erase the threat. I think he's dead, and they'll make Debra's condition a cliff-hanger until Dexter has the show-down with Lithgow's character next week.

BTW, Dexter is showing his twisted side a lot more often, especially when he's got his victims taped down. The scene with the killer woman cop really brought out the sociopath in him, IMO. How Hall doesn't win an Emmy for this role is a real mystery.

Regards,
    Kyoodle

vCash

I'm pretty sure we won't see a Dexter/Lithgow showdown until the next-to-last episode of the season - Trinity is this season's Rudy/Doakes/Miguel.

Banned
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoodle
    BTW, Dexter is showing his twisted side a lot more often, especially when he's got his victims taped down.
    "Miguel" (Jimmy Smits), mummified and begging for his life: "Dex, I was like a brother to you!"

Dexter: "I killed my brother. In fact, I killed your brother, too."

PeteLeo.

Banned
    vCash

Little Rita, she of the lustrous, butter-smooth skin, can also be something of the bitch when the sentiment moves her, no? PeteLeo.

vCash

I'm loving this season so far. Trinity Killer is giving The Ice Truck Killer a good run for his money. It's great! I'm also getting into White Collar. They're only 2 Episodes deep and I'm hooked!

vCash

Yup, Trinity is fantastic. But I'm concerned that Dexter's fascination with studying him rather than just killing him and getting it over with is causing him to get too close, which might send up red flags to a guy who might be as smart or smarter than Dexter. His continual attempts to connect with someone who is actually like him leaves him exposed. It got his own brother killed, and he played with fire with Miguel last season.

vCash

Really enjoying this season so far, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the next victim from the cast is going to be: Quinn!

From the preview of next week's episode it looks like Quinn is on to Dexter in some respect. I wonder if Dexter was captured on the videotapes of building security, entering Lundy's room the morning after he was killed, and if Quinn has viewed them?

Anyway, I can see Quinn somehow getting in between Dexter and Trinity, and becoming a collateral casualty.

Lots of stuff happening this season, and Pete, FWIW, I find Rita absolutely irresistible when she turns on the bitch in her. Good looking, crazy little temper on her, bit of a masochist--judging from her first marriage....oh yeah, she's got stripper-turned soccer mom written all over her.

vCash

If Quinn becomes collateral damage I think it will be Trinity that does it, not Dex. Quinn doesn't fit into the code.

Regarding Rita (Julie Benz), my favorite moment from her didn't come from Dexter, and she was only the setup person. In the movie "As Good as it Gets" she asks Nicholson's romance-novelist character how he writes women so well. He replies, "Well, I think of a man. Then I remove logic and accountability."

Still my favorite definition of the difference between men and women.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TKO11
    If Quinn becomes collateral damage I think it will be Trinity that does it, not Dex. Quinn doesn't fit into the code.

Regarding Rita (Julie Benz), my favorite moment from her didn't come from Dexter, and she was only the setup person. In the movie "As Good as it Gets" she asks Nicholson's romance-novelist character how he writes women so well. He replies, "Well, I think of a man. Then I remove logic and accountability."

Still my favorite definition of the difference between men and women.
    TKO: I agree. Even though Dexter has flirted and skirted with breaking the code, it's going to be the TK who does Quinn in, if that is his destiny.

"As Good As It Gets" is one of my favorite Nicholson movie roles of all time, and not only for the great screenwriting by James Brooks and Mark Andrus, but for the character development and chemistry between actors. That is a fantastic line you reference, and sure does exemplify the difference between the sexes, albeit in a humorous way.

Regards,
    Kyoodle

vCash

Damn the preview for Episode 9 really has me excited. Sunday couldn't come faster! I can't believe I have to wait 6 more days!

Banned
    vCash

So, who shot Deb and Lundy? I was thinking from the first it was cuckolded boyfriend Anton, but he's about as tall as Trinity, isn't he? The gunshot angle through Deb's sexy side wouldn't have been so level if he had been holding the pistol.

I also wonder if in some coming season we might not see Musuka (spelling?), the little lab rat himself, as a killer? He has a volatile personality (sometimes that over-played sex hunger routine can be masking other, deeply-rooted -- no pun intended -- psychological quirks), and if you'll recall a couple of years back he was really rudely treated by the entire squad (even Dexter) after giving them copies of an article he published in a tech journal and then inviting them to an awards program in which he was to be honored.

Believe me, even the small, nerdy types can take your ass apart with sudden and frightening rage if they're pushed too far. PeteLeo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PeteLeo
    So, who shot Deb and Lundy?

My guess is either the reporter or one of Arthur Mitchell's kids. With this show though, who knows. That's one of the reasons I love it. They're probably gonna really jerk us around and not tell us who did it until like 3 more Episodes. (I believe we have 4 left right?)

vCash

Why couldn't it be Trinity laying over a car or on one knee? I've racked my brain for who else it could be and nothing makes sense other than someone we don't know about. The reporter or Quinn would be stupid. Dexter doing it to protect Trinity would be an interesting twist, but I don't think he'd shoot his sister, and all his internal thoughts give the impression that he thinks Trinity did it and he's angered about it, so that doesn't make sense either. The jilted lover could be a possibility, but he didn't strike me as the type, and he never again attempted to get back with Deb. And as someone pointed out, he's tall. I thought it was really foolish for Trinity to intentionally bump into Lundy. It is clear that Trinity knew Lundy was onto him, so it made sense for him to be the one that did him. But one of the themes of this season is that sometimes we can be wrong about what we think is the case. Why did the killer take Lundy's watch? That isn't like Trinity, but maybe he did it to make it look like a robbery. Maybe it was. But why not kill Deb or finish her off? Clearly this person wanted to do Lundy, but not Deb. I hope I'm not disappointed.
    Last edited by apollack; 11-17-2009 at 02:14 PM.

vCash

I'm actually wondering if the shooter wasn't Arthur's wife. The guy shows, even around his house at times, that he has issues so I'm sure she has an idea he's unbalanced. Plus they have been married for 20 years and his sister's ashes are out in the open (and rapidly diminishing) so she must be aware of the way his family all died.

I figure she saw Lundy's picture in the paper and the article about him tracking a serial killer, and that she tracked Lundy to his hotel and shot him to prevent him from catching Arthur.

Probably wrong (I almost always am with this show), but that was what leapt to mind to me when Deb and Masuka figured out that Trinity didn't shoot Deb.

Administrator
    vCash

crap, forgot we had a dexter thread in here. im diggin the season so far although the family crap is a little annoying but its an element of the story they had to progress to i guess. lithgow is doing great.

vCash

Lithgow is so good my skin actually crawls watching and listening to him. But I guess it's because Dexter only offs the skells--not the innocents--that keeps him from being too repulsive to me.

This is gonna be one HELL of a finale this season.

Ky

vCash

Just started on the Dexter bandwagon this season. Great show . . the narration can get a little annoying at times, but it's mostly well-written and clever.

Lithgow is a GREAT bad guy and one of Hollywood's more versatile actors. Even Raising Caine, while a campy crap movie overall, was great in the Lithgow scenes.

vCash

WHOA! What an Episode! I wish everyday was Sunday until this Season is over!

Season 4 isn't even over yet and I easily consider this the best one!

vCash

That was one serious and unexpected twist last night. Wow. Very interesting.

vCash

Yes - what started out looking like it was going to be a pretty mundane episode certainly turned into a roller-coaster, didn't it? And the two-words line that ended the episode, I actually said, "Holy fuck!" out loud.

vCash

I couldn't help but laugh at the preview for next weeks episode when Arthur Mitchell is banging on his steering wheel shouting, "You stupid stupid bitch!" LOL!

vCash

Please don't give anything away. I intentionally do not watch the previews because they ruin it. I have no clue why Showtime reveals so much. The show is damn good and we'll be watching the next episode, regardless. We don't need them to give it away! I prefer to be surprised.

vCash

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeteLeo

"So, who shot Deb and Lundy?"

robg rejoined:

"My guess is either the reporter or one of Arthur Mitchell's kids."

And TKO11 added:

"I'm actually wondering if the shooter wasn't Arthur's wife."
    While wrong, THIS scenario--especially after the horrifying glimpse of Pa Mitchell at home on Thanksgiving--would have been friggin' GREAT!

These two talented guys could well be writing scripts with imaginations like this. Not only did robg nail this one, he was even right TWICE in the same sentence!

Great episode last night, and I cannot believe we've got to wait six more days for the next.

Kyoodle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast