vCash

Re: Dexter

Thanks for the head's up.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TKO11
    Counting down to season 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE

Based on this promo, I feel even more confident than ever that Trinity did not kill Rita. I just can't wait for this thing to start. T-minus 18 days....
    I'm with ya, TKO....favorite time of the TV season: Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, and for comic relief, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia ;0

Regards,
    Kyoodle

vCash

Enjoyed the first episode back. I'm excited for what is yet to come. Disappointed in Dexter's sloppiness. The more human he becomes, the dumber he becomes.

vCash

Good first episode back. The preview for next week's episode has me really excited.

vCash

I was a little disappointed with the premier for the season. It was full of a lot of "what the hell" moments. Deb jumping Quinn's bones for instance, and everyone acting like Dexter was being ambivalent to the situation when to me he looked like a guy with a serious case of shell shock.

He also killed a guy that, while a dick, was not necessarily evil. Basically it seemed to fly in the face of a few of the "rules".

That being said I stillthink the season has great potential. Hope it delivers.

vCash

I was a little disappointed with the premier for the season. It was full of a lot of "what the hell" moments. Deb jumping Quinn's bones for instance, and everyone acting like Dexter was being ambivalent to the situation when to me he looked like a guy with a serious case of shell shock.

He also killed a guy that, while a dick, was not necessarily evil. Basically it seemed to fly in the face of a few of the "rules".

That being said I stillthink the season has great potential. Hope it delivers.

A lot of good points!

On another note, I fully expected the opener to be mostly about Rita's death. It turned out to be better than I thought it would be. Although Season 2's opener with Dexter getting over the Ice Truck killer was a little better!

vCash

Ok 3 Episodes in and I'm not feeling this Season so far like I did with the first 4. By the time 3 Episodes were up in the first 4 Seasons I was absolutely hooked. (Spoiler Alert) The only parts that really grab my attention so far are the ones with the dead animal guy and he's already history!

vCash

This Season was off to a slow start but tonight's episode might be my new favorite Episode from all 5 Seasons. What a hilarious conclusion LMFAO!

That part "Who the hell was that?" Had me cracking up too!

vCash

While I enjoyed this episode too, and it finally made this season look like it has a remote chance of living up to its promise, I also had major problems with it. While Masuka's description of "auto-erotic mummification" was hilarious, his and Deb's writing off of the crime scene as such made zero-sense. They totally ignored the bullet holes all over the skids in the warehouse and the blood trail that led them there. Did neither of them think it was suspicious that Dex was found at the scene of the bodies instead of where he was summoned? they did that last season in Arthur's garage too, but that at least was remotely believable. I had real issues with this one.

Can't wait until the rest of the crew that had Lumen captive comes to light. THAT will be interesting.

vCash

I'm enjoying this season so far . .it won't be as good as 4 but come on that had John Lithgow. I just hope they don't go down a cheesy path with Dexter and Lumen's relationship, way too many fine shows have kicked themselves in the foot thinking they need to throw in quirky romantic angles such as that.

vCash

Robocop has officially became my favorite character this Season! I love his role!

Administrator
    vCash

Ha I forgot about this ol' thread. What's sad is that I'm and admin of the site and I just realized the significance of subscribing to a thread...duhh!

I'm enjoying the season so far as well but lately I'm questioning if its only because I'm such fan.

Agreed about Robocop. I keep calling him Robocop to my girlfriend and the other day she finally asked me why I kept calling him that. One day I'll remember his name.

I'm starting to lose patience with the Lumen situation.
    I really liked her presence at first but it's dragging a bit to me now.

It's kind of funny to me now how Rita & the kids, who were such a staple of the show, are gone and I'm not missing it whatsoever. I thought the family situation was comical, but I think as a watcher I'm just over them. Dex showed he can fit in to a family, we believe it & thankfully the show just moved on from that rather than force us to deal with a domestic Dex who has to fit in killing people between mowing the lawn.
    So yeah, I hope they don't go the cheesy romantic route because obviously this show does not need much of that to survive.

I don't like the Quinn-Deb situation but I guess that was bound to happen. I'd rather they just bring in outsiders to stir the pot with her than double dip in the well. Quinn is just annoying but I guess his purpose/role in the entire scheme of things still remains to be seen. Maybe Dex eventually will have to set him up with Dokes-type demise. Sooner than later I hope.

Hard to pic a favorite season but maybe I would say 4.
    It really had me on the edge of my seat because of how much Dex was juggling and of course Lithgow.
    And of course the amazing ending put things over the edge.

I love how they are not afraid to NOT follow the books for this series.
    Not sure if it was scripted that way or now but I think killing off Rita was one of the ballsiest moves I have seen in most shows out there.

vCash

Hey Dig - I think you mean they're not afraid to NOT follow the books. Season 1 followed the book closely, but they haven't been within screaming distance of anything Jeff Lindsay wrote since then.

I LOVED last night's episode - there are three episodes left this season and they are clearly bringing things to a head. I was happy they brought Astor back into the story (I think by next season she and Cody will be back with Dex), loved that Robocop looks like he's going rogue, love that Jordan now knows that Lumen is alive and that she and Dex are the ones systematically making his friends disappear.

It could go anywhere. Cannot wait.

Incidentally, I still hold by my theory from the end of the last season that Trinity did not kill Rita - that Elliot the neighbour did and made it look like Trinity based on what he'd read in the papers. They had Elliot in the show for 5 seconds last night (for the second time this season) - there has been no reason for his appearance in either episode except to remind the viewers that he exists. And there's no reason for that unless there is a twist coming with him involved.

vCash

Episode 9 was great! Can't wait for next week! What an intense teaser!. . . I don't think Quinn knows who he's dealing with! That is Robocop damnit!

Administrator
    vCash

Hey Dig - I think you mean they're not afraid to NOT follow the books. Season 1 followed the book closely, but they haven't been within screaming distance of anything Jeff Lindsay wrote since then.

I LOVED last night's episode - there are three episodes left this season and they are clearly bringing things to a head. I was happy they brought Astor back into the story (I think by next season she and Cody will be back with Dex), loved that Robocop looks like he's going rogue, love that Jordan now knows that Lumen is alive and that she and Dex are the ones systematically making his friends disappear.

It could go anywhere. Cannot wait.

Incidentally, I still hold by my theory from the end of the last season that Trinity did not kill Rita - that Elliot the neighbour did and made it look like Trinity based on what he'd read in the papers. They had Elliot in the show for 5 seconds last night (for the second time this season) - there has been no reason for his appearance in either episode except to remind the viewers that he exists. And there's no reason for that unless there is a twist coming with him involved.
    Haha yup, that's what I meant. Thanks.

Yeah they really opened it up this week.
    Can't wait to see where it goes.
    This show is so fuckin smart sometimes & it seems like they always know right when to pick things up.

I totally hear you about Elliot. Good call. There was no reason for him to be around. You never know...

vCash

Robocop is Peter Weller.

I like that they haven't forced/pushed the Dex/Lumen romance thing but you can almost sense that it might/could go in that direction, and the way they have slowly but surely developing it, not rushing it, I wouldn't entirely mind.

Administrator
    vCash

Well on the other hand, I think we know that she is only the guest star for the season. I doubt they are bringing on someone of her stature for 2 seasons - which means at the end of this season she is either going to disappear or end up on his table.

If they do have an episode where they finally connect before the season ends, I think he ends up killing her or she will end up dead or gone either way.

vCash

I think in the Final Episode this Season she'll go back to her family and that's the last we'll hear of her.

Administrator
    vCash

IDK, seems like too much of a loose & open-end for this show.

vCash

Tick, tick, tick. Thatís the sound of your life running out.

Come on 9PM you're taking forever!

Administrator
    vCash

hhahaha funny
    cant wait

vCash

I'm really liking the new characters this Season. Liddy/Robocop, Lumen, & Jordan Chayse are all great!

Administrator
    vCash

Agreed.

I'm just not thrilled about how Jordan magically makes this connection between Lumen and Dex based on his ampule wobbling around in the locker and finding that Dex worked for the department.
    Was there some other clue that I missed that tipped him off?

I'm dying to know how this all gets wrapped up since I'm under the assumption that Lumen doesn't make it out of this season alive.
    I'm thinking she gets taken out by Chase or even the police somehow (maybe even Robocop).
    Something tragic has to happen IMO.

vCash

I don't think Jordan's conclusion was too far off Dig. His rape/torture/murder buddies are all disappearing one at a time, Dan the Dentist had called him (or Cole) and let them know that Lumen was still alive just before Dex killed him ("die-die" - how great a scene was that?), Dexter had been present at the last known location Cole had been seen, and Dex had clearly frigged with his ampule (as he knew by the spot of blood his ampule passed onhim when he picked it up). Then the phone call (presumably he knows Lumen's voice from their time together) - it was a bit of a stretch, but far from a great one.

With two episodes to go, there are only three things I know for sure: Liddy is going to die, Jordan is going to die, and Lumen is very likely going to die. Beyond that, everything else is up in the air. But I saw an interview with Julia Stiles who said that tis year's ending will be every bit as shocking as last year's (and last year's was one of the most shocking season enders ever). I can't wait.

Administrator
    vCash

Yeah I guess you're right. It is tv after all. Maybe I just dont remember some of the subtle things. Did Dex show Jordan any interest in the ampule to suggest that he would ever tamper with it? If so then maybe I'd buy it a little more.

I don't know how they are going to make this more shocking than last year but I can't wait to see what happens.

Oh....another thing.
    So were we supposed to believe that they killed Alex in his own house and cleaned it all up before Deb got there or did they kill him somewhere else? If it took place in his house, I thought that scene was a little lame and below the line of "clever suspense" we are used to getting from the show. If they wanted to show a seriously close call, they certainly could have done it much better IMO. The out-of-sequence-camera-work bit for starters is a little over used and besides, nobody is going to buy that the 2 of them were going to get caught red-handed. So cmon...

I'm glad they didn't go down the route of making Lumen too magically healed emotionally or lovey-dovey for her savior, Dex. Yeah there's still a little time left in the season but I was worried that by at this point they would have played too much into the relationship between the two of them. Stiles is playing her part well and the show hasn't disappointed me in that element so far.

vCash

They didn't kill Alex in his house - they killed him in the vacant house for sale next door. They built it all up to make you think they were going to do it in his house (Lumen suggesting the pantry-type room would be good) so that when Deb and Quinn came to the house there would be added pressure. But the house next door was vacant (they made the For Sale sign pretty predominant when Dex and Lumen went there to scope it out) and they bagged him and went right next door to prep him for the kill.

Administrator
    vCash

Ahhhh...ok, thanks.
    Well that put my opinion of the show's creativity right back where it should be.
    I have to stop getting so trashed on Sunday nights & pay closer attention!

vCash

I don't think Lumen is going to die. I think she is going back to her family. I hope she lives! I like her!

vCash

All you know is someone IS going to die. It's a show signature. Who, how, and when is the intrigue.

vCash

It doesn't make much sense, but I have a hunch that Lumen will double-cross Dexter somehow and she'll end up dead as a result (not neccesarily by Dexter)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast