Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simon Brown--Cuevas @ 147

vCash

Simon Brown--Cuevas @ 147

Two guys that looked devastating when they were winning their title defenses. Sure didn't look so good once that aura of invincibility got shattered, but formidable in their prime.

vCash

Re: Simon Brown--Cuevas @ 147

To me, Cuevas in his prime looked nearly awesome, and Brown really didn't hit that level for me. (Yet I prefer boxers to sluggers, and always liked Brown.) But, Hearns, Leonard, and Duran, 2 of whom eventually fought Cuevas, were in various pre-fight analysis vs. Cuevas considered about even with him, a pick 'em.

As I don't consider Brown at the level of any of those 3, I'll pick Cuevas by KO. If it goes the distance, which I don't expect, then Brown.

vCash

Re: Simon Brown--Cuevas @ 147

I don't exactly know why because I haven't seen him fight in probably twenty years but Roger Stafford is always who I thought of when I saw Simon Brown. Just like I see an awful lot of Frank Tate in Jermain Taylor, especially when Starlingstomp wrote it, allowing me to put my finger on a vague thought.

Anyway, I'm with Michael, only I'll leave out the "late" part. It ain't going late because 1) Pipino KO's him clean or 2) hurts him, the warrior in Brown comes out, a brief but furious brawl breaks out and Pipino KO's him.

+ Reply to Thread