Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thomas Hearns vs. Julian Jackson at 154

vCash

Thomas Hearns vs. Julian Jackson at 154

Two bombers! We all know Hearns's chin could be a major issue in this one. But, I don't see Julian pressing the fight, which would be necessary for him to win, because Hearns would be boxing him plus digging those hooks to the body.

As I feel Hearns was the best at 154, I favor him by decision.

One landed Jackson right, however, and there won't be any need to add up the scorecards.

vCash

Re: Thomas Hearns vs. Julian Jackson at 154

This would be like Graham-Jackson all over again, except this time Tommy would be laying the leather on Julian. Totally different ball game and one he is unlikely to get a chance to KILL in....Hearns wins early as he was such a fast starter with such a punch. A punch that Jackson's CHIN or body will not stand up to. Hearns has the physical advantage and speed advantage, so assuming he does NOT stick his CHIN out, he gets the job done in 2-3 rds with precise and deadly accuracy....

vCash

Agreed.

Hearns liked to wing early & Jackson is going to be right in front of him. But Tommy better not poses waiting for a receipt > punching. Dangerous fight for sure and it's one of those "who makes the first mistake" bouts. And I guess I'll take Jackson's defense to be the culprit & see him get caught standing straight up and/or hands low or not rolling with a shot.

vCash

I can also see this fight going either way.....Either way. Both will come out bombing...Early on I would swing towards Hearns favor, just because of the speed, reach, and activity level he generally has along with his aggressive offensive nature. Just ask Duran...However as the fights goes along, and Jackson gets more chances to counter, and acclimates himself to Tommy's style I can very easily visualize him landing that right hand shot that crumbles Tommy. Remember how he hit Norris in the 2nd....Not that Norris has a much better chin than Tommy's as both have been put to sleep, but if either Tommy or Julian is in the position they were in when they got knocked out before,,,,history could and most likely would repeat itself.

vCash

I think Tommy's bombs land first, and he gets Norris out early. I do think that Tommy's chin is better than Norris'- however that won't matter if the Hawk nails him.

vCash

I give the edge to Tommy based on height, reach, and speed, but the bottom line is that Jackson's power was devastating enough that if he tagged Tommy, it would be over. See Iran Barkley.

+ Reply to Thread