Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Close Up and Personal: Faces in the Crowd, Pt. 2

vCash

The DONUT HOLE

Across the road from IN-N-OUT Burger is the donut hole.

vCash

Thanks, Frank!

It's probably good that I don't have that In 'N' Out near my house, or they might be calling me Juan "Fat Bastard" Ayllon.

Funny, though, one of the subs said something about my weight yesterday. He said, "Are you getting fat?"

I couldn't believe it! Oh well, it's back to training again...

vCash

Re: Close Up and Personal: Faces in the Crowd

Well, it's official! David "The Weezel" Estrada is a married man. He just got married to his longtime sweetheart, Francie yesterday. Here's a link to the posting I put up at the CBZ Newswire yesterday:

Estrada Married Link

I'll be DJ'ing his wedding reception on Saturday, which should be fun.

What's also cool is he's going to resume training me next week, as well. It's time, once again, to lose this candy coating on my body...

Cheers,

Juan

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Juan C Ayllon
    What's also cool is he's going to resume training me next week, as well. It's time, once again, to lose this candy coating on my body...

Cheers,

Juan
    Baby Fat?

vCash

'Baby Fat'

Well, kinda-sorta. It's just fat. Ugh!

vCash

Dog Watching...

One of my friends recently asked me to watch his dog for him while he shows his house in efforts to sell it. Unfortunately, it got sick from something, threw up repeatedly, and had to be taken to the veterinarian the other day.

Here it is waiting to be serviced in the lobby.

Thankfully, she's feeling better. For now!

vCash

Here's an interview I conducted with local Chicago fighter, Francisco Rodriguez. He will be fighting Ivan Rodriguez for an Illinois State title in the co-main event on Telefutura's Solo Boxeo show this Friday night:

Link to Rodriguez Interview
    Last edited by Juan C Ayllon; 09-13-2007 at 11:06 AM.

vCash

Love This Lamp!

I was browsing on Ebay, and found this Arco Italian lamp reproduction. I must say, I like it a lot.

Some day, I'll probably pick one up, along with a couple Barcelona chairs.

vCash

Becky Update...

Hey,

Some of you know that Becky and I broke up about a week and a half ago. It was rough. There were issues of distance, time conflicts, and her feeling stretched too thin between her 15 year-old, me and her new job, as well as some other personal issues.

However, we spoke several times this week, swapped text messages and decided to get together last night for dinner and a movie at my place. It was a very warm, friendly and affectionate visit.

We're not sure where things are going long term, but have decided to start seeing each other again, work on getting to know each other better and see where things go.

Bottom line, we care a lot for each other and want the best for one another regardless of where things ultimately go. Becky's a real sweetheart!

Anyways, I need to run to finish getting ready to DJ David "The Weezel" (sic) Estrada's wedding.

Cheers,

Juan

vCash

Hey,

Beck and I were at Seester's Mexican Cantina in Pewaukee Lake, Wisconsin last night for dinner. The food's tasty and the view of the scenic lake, which is literally just across the street, is wonderful.

We split a Portabello mushroom quesadilla with steak and two fish tacos and washed them down with a little merlot. Yum!

Link to Seester's Mexican Cantina

Afterwards, we went for a stroll along the lakefront and into a local neighborhood, picked up her son, dropped him off at his father's place, and hung out at her place for a while before calling it a night.

Cheers,

Juan
    Last edited by Juan C Ayllon; 09-20-2007 at 12:15 PM.

vCash

Hi Juan,
    I am bagging a couple tickets for Lambeau in Dec. and will get to see my old hometown again. I'll fly back with my son (35yrs), who will attend his first NFL game watching the pack at home. Gotta make that side trip to Pewaukee to see how the old stompin ground has changed. Thanks again for posting that stuff, kind of makes me a little homesick.....naw
    Gary

vCash

Hi Gary,

Cool! Let me know in advance when you'll be up there and, if I'm free, perhaps I can meet you in Pewaukee.

Have a good one,

Juan

vCash

Received Phone Call from 'Contender' Contestant, 'Macho' Miguel Hernandez

Hey,

Earlier this evening, Chicago's "Macho" Miguel Hernandez gave me a call and requested that I post a shout out to his fans and his cousin, who's undergoing an operation for skin cancer tomorrow. Here's a link to the piece that followed:

'Macho' Miguel Hernandez Piece

Hernandez is featured in this season's The Contender boxing reality show on ESPN.

vCash

I found this piece at Yahoo somewhat entertaining:

God' apparently responds to lawsuit
    By NATE JENKINS, Associated Press Writer Thu Sep 20, 11:18 PM ET

LINCOLN, Neb. - A legislator who filed a lawsuit against God has gotten something he might not have expected: a response. One of two court filings from "God" came Wednesday under otherworldly circumstances, according to John Friend, clerk of the Douglas County District Court in Omaha.

ADVERTISEMENT

"This one miraculously appeared on the counter. It just all of a sudden was here poof!" Friend said.

State Sen. Ernie Chambers of Omaha sued God last week, seeking a permanent injunction against the Almighty for making terroristic threats, inspiring fear and causing "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Chambers, a self-proclaimed agnostic who often criticizes Christians, said his filing was triggered by a federal lawsuit he considers frivolous. He said he's trying to makes the point that anybody can sue anybody.

Not so, says "God." His response argues that the defendant is immune from some earthly laws and the court lacks jurisdiction.

It adds that blaming God for human oppression and suffering misses an important point.

"I created man and woman with free will and next to the promise of immortal life, free will is my greatest gift to you," according to the response, as read by Friend.

There was no contact information on the filing, although St. Michael the Archangel is listed as a witness, Friend said.

A second response from "God" disputing Chambers' allegations lists a phone number for a Corpus Christi law office. A message left for that office was not immediately returned Thursday.

Attempts to reach Chambers by phone and at his Capitol office Thursday were unsuccessful.

___

Associated Press Writer Anna Jo Bratton in Omaha contributed to this report.

vCash

Juan,
    Got tickets for Pack-Raiders on the 50 yd line Dec 9. Will get back to you with the itinerary. Would be great to hook up.
    Gary

vCash

Hi Gary,

Great! It would be nice to meet you.

By the way, I was up in Brookfield, Wisconsin at some park on Saturday to catch an outdoors art fair with Becky. However, they were closing ealier than we thought, so we went for a walk, chatted and lay down atop a grassy hill overlooking a dog walking area and an adjacent forest preserve.

What a glorious and cloudless sky! And the vista was gorgeous! We could see some of the trees changing ever-so-slightly in the distance. There was some delightful bluegrass music that we enjoyed playing from the main stage of the art show several hundred yards away.

Later, we had dinner at the Delafield Brewhaus. I had a prime rib sandwich and Becky had some sort of chicken salad. Both were pretty tasty!

The weather's been really delightful the last several days out this way. This time of the year's usually somewhat bittersweet for me, as I generally loathe the ending of summer. However, this was a fine way to kick off the fall season.

Speaking of which, I'll be serving as DJ for my church's annual Fallfest this next Saturday, September 29th! They have hayrides, a magic act, a world champion juggler who's supposed to be quite entertaining, and of course food! The church is called Harvest Bible Chapel Lake Zurich, which is located in Lake Zurich, Illinois. There's a link below with more information:

Link to Fallfest Page

If anyone's in the area, drop on by if you get a chance!

Cheers,

Juan
    Last edited by Juan C Ayllon; 09-24-2007 at 01:46 PM.

vCash

Splurging on the Girlfriend...

Well, guess I scored some big points today! I talked with Becky en route to school and she was having a rough morning. So, I called up a florist near her workplace and sent her a dozen red roses. She sent me this cell phone picture, and left me a voicemail thanking me for the flowers. She said that they were "to die for," and that workers in the office were jealous.

Guess she liked them!

vCash

My dog, "Tyson"

He is sick (Cancer)

My Son James and I had to put our dog Tyson down today, his cancer was to far gone,

Damn it hurt!

Frank
    Last edited by kikibalt; 10-09-2007 at 08:28 PM.

vCash

Nice photos, Frank! Sorry about Tyson's cancer. Hope your pooch hangs in there...

vCash

Nice photos, Frank! Sorry about Tyson's cancer. Hope your pooch hangs in there...
    Thanks Juan,

I hope that he hangs in there too, btw, he is ten years old.

vCash

Love Stinks.

Well, not really.

But, earlier this week, after a long talk and some thinking over the weekend, I broke things off with Becky. We're still friends, albeit from a distance, at least for now.

She's a wonderful gal. Sheesh.

This dating thing can be fun, but it sure can hurt, too.

It's like you meet someone, you have a lot in common, there's chemistry, and you have tons of fun when you get together. If you're like me, it's easy to get drawn in and get your hopes up.

As time goes on, you discover more things you like, as well as things you don't, about that special person.

You spend lots of time and emotional energy and you become attached. You find that you really care about that person. They're in your thoughts and dreams and--if you're like me--even in your blogs.

But then, sometimes, things gradually surface that, against all hopes, make you realize that perhaps you're better off just being friends.

That hurts.

I'm thinking that I'll take a break, just chill and all that.

There will be brighter days ahead.
    Last edited by Juan C Ayllon; 10-04-2007 at 01:36 PM.

vCash

Hang in there Juan, you are a quality guy. Love is never a walk in the park.
    Maybe the Bears might actually win a couple games this year and that will help pick up you spirits!

Gary

vCash

Thanks, Gary! I appreciate that. Like you said, love's not a walk in the park.

And, as "da Bears," guess we'll see.

Have a good one, my friend,

Juan

vCash

Re: My dog, "Tyson"

Quote Originally Posted by kikibalt

He is sick (Cancer)
    My son James and I had to put our dog Tyson down today, his cancer was to far gone.

Damn it hurts!!

Frank

vCash

Bummer, Frank! I feel your pain.

Hang in there, my friend,

Juan

vCash

Bummer, Frank! I feel your pain.

Hang in there, my friend,

Juan
    Thank you Juan.

vCash

Aw shit, I'm really sorry to hear that Frank. Losing any family member sucks way hard. My condolences.
    Gary

vCash

Louis Turner Interview

On another note, I'll be at the Juan Diaz vs. Julio Diaz championship in Hoffman Estates, Illinois on Saturday.

The other day, I conducted an interview with an undefeated prospect who'll be on that show. I thought you might find it interesting. The subject is Louis Turner, a middleweight boxer from Chicago with a record of 11-0 with seven knockouts. He beat David "The Weezel" (sic) Estrada by decision last year and makes for an exciting fight.

He'll be facing Angel "El Toro" Hernandez in a step up--and potentially dangerous--bout. Hernandez went the distance against Winky Wright a while back.

Here's a link to my interview:

Louis Turner Interview Link

Cheers,

Juan

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Punchdrunk
    Aw shit, I'm really sorry to hear that Frank. Losing any family member sucks way hard. My condolences.
    Gary
    Thanks Gary,

And yes he was part of the family. Tyson was a very good dog, he loved kids and played with them real good.

vCash

Mr B.

Terribly sory to hear about your dog.

OTR

+ Reply to Thread