The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who Lies There? A Compendium of Boxer's Obituaries

Administrator
    vCash

Who Lies There? A Compendium of Boxer's Obituaries

Who Lies There? A Compendium of Boxer's Obituaries
    By Mike DeLisa & Johnny Bos

Over 100 pages of obituaries of boxers, fighters, managers, and promoters. The gamut runs from the most famous to the most obscure. Complete obituaries are reprinted, and serve as an immense guide to furhter research for the boxing fan -- or as a bet-settler for the true stat geek. Learn of the sad end of Gene Tunney opponent Wolf Larson, who once stole a milk wagon (horse and all) and tried to pawn it for a bottle of hootch. You probably never heard of Jack LaFontise, who dies while attended by his brothers, pro boxers themselves, but you won't forget his stoy. Some of the nation's besst sportswriters describe the end of many of our boxing heroes and villains -- Gene Tunney, Sugar Ray Robinson, Kid Chocolate, Jack Johnson, Benny Leonard, Harry Greb, Jem Ward, Bob Fitzsimmons, Joe Jennette (Jeanette), Al Palzer, Benny Bass and hundreds of others. Which boxer died after drinking carbolic acid? Who died while making moonshine whisky when his still exploded? Who drowned? This book answers all of these questions. Size 8 1/2 x 11 inches, spiral bound.

* To purchase, e-mail mike@cyberboxingzone.com -- price is $25 in USA by priority mail, $32overseas by international priority mail.

vCash

Re: Who Lies There? A Compendium of Boxer's Obituaries

The words "boxer" and "killed" kind of go hand and hand it seems. Or "Boxer" and "Sentenced" go well together

vCash

Still waiting for my copy, that I paid for at eBay 1.5 months ago. I have no idea how a supposed "airmail" can take that long, unless it's really a surface mail shipping instead, or my order was forgotten about.

Administrator
    vCash

I will email you

Chris Nagel

I wonder if Randy Turpin is in there.

+ Reply to Thread