Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tarver-Woods, Dawson-Johnson Results 4/12/08

Administrator
    vCash

Re: Tarver-Woods, Dawson-Johnson Results 4/12/08

R10....Woods pressing....tarver backing away...covering up...jab to stay away...lands a straight left....woods missed with a right..flurries low...head to head...tarver with a partially blocked uppercut...woods answers....tarver jabs...woods looks fresh..couple lefts to the body...overhand right...tarver jabs & backa away...tarver throws a few weak shots...woods round

Administrator
    vCash

r11 tarver pokes a left hand home....woods comes forward...woods pushes against the ropes...tarver stuns woods but cant follow it up...tries to & woods answers and does his own damage...keeps pressing tarver to follow it up.....tarver pokes with the jab...woods round edge

Administrator
    vCash

r12 final round thank god...feels like the last tarver/johnson fight....the guys come out trading.....tarver jabs...lands a left....& another....& another...pressing the action & now lands a 1-2....woods with a right....left lands for tarver....woods jabs....tarver flurries....& again...woods...has nothing...shell shocked or something...a real non-performance by woods....a real disappointment.....tarver looked like his old self to his defense....can't take anything away from him to be honest.

Administrator
    vCash

8-4 tarver is what i think i had.....116-112 117-111 119-109 TARVER & I cant disagree.

vCash

Johnson-Dawson was close but I had it for Glen by two points 6-5-1 with a 10-8 in the 10th despite no KD b/c he had Dawson so hurt. Johnson swept the last 3 rounds and that should have given him the edge. The fact that a former Middleweight volume puncher at 39 can do this to bigger 24 year old champions is amazing. Johnson is truly a throwback.

vCash

Bob Foster, Matthew Saad Muhammad, Archie Moore, Harold Johnson, where are you. Good God, poor Clinton Woods had no punch, absolutely nothing.
    The loud, boistrous carbon copy of a carbon copy of the Seth Brundel telepod personality of Ali in one booth with Don King, and Antonio Tarver in the other with that rap Tarver proffers to the public now at press conferences and on the mike after the fight is so lame it makes me sad and embarrassed for him it is sooooo un original.

I am going to have to find a big puncher at 175 to add some life to this division again if possible. The King has no clothes. Kudos to Glen Johnson for his heroic effort at age 39 and Antonio should pay us to watch him in the fuutre. Much respect for him for taking out Roy Jones Jr off of steroids, but beyond that it is so bland I am reaching for the Tamari sauce.

vCash

glen johnson had every right to protest the decision. he made the fight by constantly pressing and rocking the younger man. i thought he also picked off many of dawsons shots with his gloves and was never in the same danger zones in which he put bad chad.

woods could have phoned this one in. he made tarver look like he might have something left but it is a deception put forth by his own pathetic effort. still i can't rule him out against dawson who was himself exposed tonite, he is no world beater yet.

who are you looking for ron? what are you weighing these days?

greg

vCash

to coin an old Scot's expression; " Pure Shite"...

I agree we have been deceived, Tarver's got FA' left and only won an absolute bore of a fight because Woods just did not turn up. I agree with Ron where are they(?), even Britain's past greats MW's & L-HW's would have bounced anyone of the two of them.

Looks like Boxing's Bigmen are a thing of the past, roll on the little fella's.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gregbeyer
    glen johnson had every right to protest the decision. he made the fight by constantly pressing and rocking the younger man. i thought he also picked off many of dawsons shots with his gloves and was never in the same danger zones in which he put bad chad.

woods could have phoned this one in. he made tarver look like he might have something left but it is a deception put forth by his own pathetic effort. still i can't rule him out against dawson who was himself exposed tonite, he is no world beater yet.

who are you looking for ron? what are you weighing these days?

greg
    Hi Greg, how is it going?
    I am training a lot of kids and one light heavyweight seems like a young Mike Tyson and Dwight Qawi that I am training. He is very strong and a real fire eater powerhouse. We will see.

I just cut out all animal products except fish, no dairy except one Omega egg per day, have been juicing with vegetable juice combo drinks and fruit juice drinks on my Jack LaLane juicer, no starches, but plenty of vegetables, no lunch except an apple, 1 health food bar, and some soy nuts, and doing all my exercises everyday, plus walking in the parks here for 1-2 miles per day, and I am 155 lbs, down from 165lbs, with a six pack you could wash clothes on. At 61 going on 62 it ain't easy, everything hurts, but its better than being sedentary and waiting around for the dirt nap.

vCash

Clinton Woods looked very flat last night, he has never been a spectacular type fighter but always effective and determined.

Maybe the death of his friend and sparring partner last week took something out of him?

I thought Woods would have have outworked the aging Tarver, but there was nothing there.

vCash

I saw Tarver fight Danny Santiago in December at Foxwoods from the first row of the press section.

Tarver looked bad that night to me. He was slow, missed a lot of shots and he was open to the body. The reason he won so easily was because Santiago was simply hapless.

Last night, however, Tarver was sharp and threw a lot of punches. He simply took away every aspect of Clinton Woods' game. Certainly styles make fights and that was part of it, but Tarver was in exceptional condition for a 39 year-old guy and he fought his fight.

Not sure if he beats Dawson, but it'll be worth seeing. Dawson was unimpressive and his green ways showed through but I though he won it.

Administrator
    vCash

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/7362491.stm

Awww....cmon...how about Woods may have fought with no balls.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12