Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods is a douche.

vCash

Re: Tiger Woods is a douche.

Check ou this range of motion, balance, technique power and skill.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGZYy...eature=related

Check out the explosiveness!!

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=GgPOa5aw_io&NR=1
    Last edited by Off The River; 06-12-2008 at 08:50 PM.

vCash

ashamed of you guys.

greg

vCash

No wonder Tiger never does interviews (besides the ones hes obligated to do). The guy says what he really feels, and people jump all over him for it. Would you rather him be fake, and act like gives a crap about hockey? If someone asked me that question, you would probably get the same response. Maybe I'm a douche though.

vCash

Personally, I feel I described my position very clearly. I don't care what Tiger Woods thinks of hockey (or pretty much anything else). But he's surely and most definitely a douchebag. Just doesn't have to do with his hockey "position".

Administrator
    vCash

Forget about being a douche, I think it just shows a lack of responsibility for someone in his position. Public figures such as him typically more than enough sense & class to respect other professions in their world. Can you remember Michael Jordan or Joe Montana saying things like nobody watches hockey anymore? What makes it worse is golf is widely known to be very popular among hockey players. Tiger may be a douche for other reasons but that was just a careless remark for someone so respected in sports.

Banned
    vCash

My point, as I said earlier on this

Echoes Diggity here. He could have answered the question, without the arrogant attitude.

Agian, I AGREE with him about "no one" (figuratively of course) not caring about hockey anymore. I know I don't, and never did.

But he didn't have to respond in the manner he did.

He could have stated "I really don't follow Hockey anymore or at all" and it would have gotten across the same point, without the dismissive arrogant attitude.

As a Public figure, it's more about HOW you say something, than WHAT you actually say.

Hawk

vCash

Tell you what, boys...

He may be a douche. But after Saturday at Torrey Pines, he may also be the best that ever was.

Banned
    vCash

The best what that ever was? Golfer? Douchebag? Translator of ancient Greek texts? PeteLeo.

vCash

Peter, Peter, Peter...

vCash

Interesting Sunday. Tiger starts off the first two holes hacking around like Larry from Purchasing, but rights the ship and ends up sinking the most clutch 12-footer imaginable to make the playoff. I have to believe his early troubles stemmed from his knee injury. Nobody makes clutch putts like that time after time. Nobody.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtball
    No wonder Tiger never does interviews (besides the ones hes obligated to do). The guy says what he really feels, and people jump all over him for it. Would you rather him be fake, and act like gives a crap about hockey? If someone asked me that question, you would probably get the same response. Maybe I'm a douche though.
    Actually, he is more well known for giving stock, bland, generic answers with no window into real thoughts. He has mastered the football coach answer.... axioms and trite responses. So, when he does say something candid, it is newsmaking in itself.

BUT I stand by my initial post. Expecting more out of someone than you should have any right to expect (Hockey... Golfer.. who is blah and no one has any real idea what he is into.. and who ought to care really when it is clear he is private about his life and wraps himself into the coccoon which allows him to focus on what HE does best, which is be a golfer not a sports fan) makes no sense.

Administrator
    vCash

"The course looks good, I feel good, I like my chances" Jim Rome went on a month long rant over this typical Tiger quote a while back using robots to recite it & all.

vCash

Sweet Jesus, could it be possible David will slay Goliath? Mediate has come from 2 back to be 1 ahead with three to play. MAN I hope he can pull it off.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TKO11
    Sweet Jesus, could it be possible David will slay Goliath? Mediate has come from 2 back to be 1 ahead with three to play. MAN I hope he can pull it off.....

He did!!

vCash

Good! Did I mention I think Woods is a douche?

vCash

Um... no Frank, he didn't. Woods wins on the 91st hole. Shitty.

vCash

Wtf!!!

Woods wins U.S. Open in sudden death

Buzz Up PrintBy Simon Lewis PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer

SAN DIEGO (Ticker)—It took 91 holes to separate them but Tiger Woods finally overcame Rocco Mediate to claim the 2008 U.S. Open title after a compelling 18-hole playoff went to sudden death at Torrey Pines on Monday.

The victory completed Woods’ quest for a 14th major title, leaving the world’s top-ranked player only four short of Jack Nicklaus’ record. It was Woods’ third U.S. Open victory and a seventh at Torrey Pines, his second at the course this year.

Woods was playing his first tournament since finishing second at The Masters on April 13, having undergone surgery on his left knee two days later.

Nine weeks on, he forced the playoff in dramatic fashion Sunday, sinking a 15-foot birdie putt at No. 18 to tie Mediate at 1-under. On Monday, he produced another birdie on the final hole to send the championship playoff into sudden death after the golfers posted level par 71s.

At 45 years and five months, Mediate was looking to take over from Hale Irwin as the oldest winner of the championship and the oldest first-time winner of any major.

In 23 years as a professional, Mediate had won only five of 535 PGA Tour events and in 43 majors he had only three top-10 finishes, two of them, a fourth and a sixth, in the U.S. Open.

Woods had led by three shots after 10 holes, only for Mediate to battle back over the back nine before the world No. 1 leveled once more at the 18th.

The drama reached epic proportions as they entered the closing four holes level at 1-over.

Over 72 holes, Woods had a three-shot advantage over Mediate on those closing holes, scoring 3-under over four rounds to the veteran’s 2-over.

On the 15th, though, the tables were turned as fortunes swung to and from between tee and green. First, Woods found sand on the right off the tee while Mediate landed on the fairway after kicking out of the rough. Woods saw his opponent loft his second shot to 18 feet from the flag and then promptly rolled his bunker shot inside Mediate’s ball.

The 45-year-old hit back again by holing out his birdie putt, only for Woods to miss the shorter effort, leaving Mediate with a one-shot lead at even.

There was more drama as the duel continued at the par-3 16th, with Mediate’s tee shot falling just short of the green and Woods sending his to its back with the pin centrally located. Both facing monster putts, Mediate rolled his 50-footer to within two feet while Woods left his mere inches from the cup as both settled for pars.

At 17, Woods found the fairway while Mediate caught the intermediate rough. The two-time champion appeared to be in a quandary over club selection for his second shot, before his caddie Steve Williams persuaded him to switch from a 7-iron to an eight.

Woods’ faith in Williams was justified as he sent the ball to within 20 feet. Mediate, meanwhile, left himself another long putt from the front of the green for his third shot and sent it to within eight feet before Woods two-putted for par.

That left Mediate putting for par, which he duly completed to take a one-shot lead to the par-5 18th.

Mediate had held a similar lead approaching the 72nd hole on Sunday only for Woods to birdie and force the playoff.

Driving first, Mediate pulled left into a bunker while Woods’ tee shot left him grimacing in pain from his left knee but managing to keep his ball in the fairway.

Both second shots cleared the lake guarding the green, Woods left with the longer eagle putt. He sent his 50-footer to three feet, leaving Mediate from 20 feet to putt for the championship. He missed left, and Woods holed to leave Mediate with a short putt to force this remarkable playoff into sudden death for only the third time since its introduction in 1954. Again he failed to convert and the golfers returned to the seventh hole for sudden death.

Mediate was immediately in trouble, following Woods’ tee shot onto the fairway by finding the left fairway bunker on the dogleg right. His rescue shot went left again, into a mandatory drop zone just in front of a spectator stand.

As Woods waited by the green to putt, Mediate’s chip rolled past the flag, leaving Woods to go first from the front of the green, putting for the championship. Woods’ effort was close to finishing the job and he dropped to his knees as his ball stayed above the hole, placing all the pressure on Mediate to rescue his title hopes from 18 feet.

He missed and Woods claimed the title.

vCash

Hey, you don't get to be Goliath without smashing a few Davids I guess.

Sorry to see Mediate lose, but I think by the time Woods' career is over, all of the "who's #1" arguments will be academic. There will be no credible doubt.

vCash

I hear Woods is out for the rest of the season, now, so haters can rejoice.

Banned
    vCash

You know DC

I GUESS they can rejoice, but it would be pretty hollow rejoicing.

I would hope that those who truly don't like him, would rather see him play and get Beat, rather than not play and NOT get beat.

Like that concept or not, that's the truth of the matter. Phil Mickelson can win the remaining three majors this year and it means Squat, as Woods did not play.

To make a boxing analogy, I would MUCH rather see Floyd Mayweather get his ass kicked than have him walk around never having tasted an Official Loss (COUGH! Castillo firt fight! COUGH!) and being able to brag that no one could beat him.

Granted watching a rematch with an aged De la Hoya doesn't excite me at ALL. But I'd rather him be around with the Hope that he gets it handed to him.

Golf Enthusiasts (of whihc I only share a passing fancy with) who don't like Woods, can not TRULY relish his not playing.

It asteriscks the rest of the Year.

Hawk

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by theironbar
    I wish I lived in a city that had a hockey team.

Peter Tomlinson
    Toronto, Canada
    I live in Chicago and so do I.

mike

tiger is great but he needed steady compettion. it was all abit too dramatic with tiger playing with a bad knee so soon after another operation. he better take time off, because he will ruin his bad knee- and then down the road- the other knee to compenste- would start to be problems.

vCash

Hawk is bang on. I am not happy he is out for the rest of the season. The Woods-loving media is going to make an even BIGGER deal out of it now, no matter who wins the Open or PGA, that "Tiger wasn't there". I want to see him get beat like a snare drum, not take the rest of the year off.

Those who claim Jones was greater than Nicklaus or Hogan always say, "Bobby retired when he was 28 - he did it all before he was 30." I don't care - he should've kept playing if he wanted to cut a bigger swath. Now the Woods huggers will diminish anyone else's accomplishments because the self-absorbed little brat won't be there.

vCash

With Tiger out, it will be interesting to see if those pros who 'if Tiger wasn't around would dominate the majors' will win the British and the PGA.

I think we see 2 first time major winners.

Jones and Hogan had no one to shoot for in terms of numbers of majors. If Jack had to get to 25 majors, maybe he would have. The whole need to define one guy as the best and the arguments supporting one and against another are, to me, more for the person doing it than for the player himself.

vCash

As in any sport, comparing athletes of different eras is always kind of a fool's errand. If you don't believe it, look in the next time our fistic scientists debate whether Jack Dempsey would have KO'd Tyson.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TKO11
    Hawk is bang on. I am not happy he is out for the rest of the season. The Woods-loving media is going to make an even BIGGER deal out of it now, no matter who wins the Open or PGA, that "Tiger wasn't there". I want to see him get beat like a snare drum, not take the rest of the year off.

Those who claim Jones was greater than Nicklaus or Hogan always say, "Bobby retired when he was 28 - he did it all before he was 30." I don't care - he should've kept playing if he wanted to cut a bigger swath. Now the Woods huggers will diminish anyone else's accomplishments because the self-absorbed little brat won't be there.
    He may get beaten, but nobody has yet been able to "beat him like a snare drum"...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DscribeDC
    He may get beaten, but nobody has yet been able to "beat him like a snare drum"...
    Actually, Woods HAS been beaten "thoroughly" at a number of events. He tends to win or not be close (some other top 10 finishes, but not relatively many), though of course his many victories speak to his talent.

He has also lost head-to-head matches plenty of times in the Ryder Cup vs. Europe.

To me, beating Rocco Mediate in a playoff is not very remarkable for someone ranked in the top 20-- you didn't have to be Tiger Woods. The great accomplishment here, to me, was that Woods did it with a bad knee. Neither guy shot a great score in the playoff. Nor for the week.

Golf, unfortunately, with its field of 150 contestants each week, doesn't lend itself to prime one-to-one matches such as Woods vs. Mickelson in a playoff.

Even the great Jack Nicklaus was in playoffs with guys like Doug Ford as often with guys like Arnold Palmer, esp. in majors.

Woods,to me, will forever be the guy who dominated those who were of a lesser quality than those whom Nicklaus dominated. Sorry, but Jack's comp: Johnny Miller, Tom Watson, Lee Trevino, Arnold Palmer, Raymond Floyd, Gary Player, Billy Caspar, Hale Irwin, Lanny Wadkins, Tony Lema, etc., were a cut above these guys Woods beats today: Davis Love III, Phil Mickelson, Justin Leonard, Geoff Ogilvy, Stewart Cink, Kenny Perry, Vijay Singh, Ernie Els, Stewart Appleby, Sergio Garcia, etc. These guys now make 25 times what players made a generation ago, playing with much better equipment (metal-woods with graphite shafts, longer shafts, balls with more distance AND less curve to them, etc.), yet STILL don't shoot better scores than those who came before them. Longer courses today is the only excuse, and not a good one, since they are better-manicured, the greens more consistent, etc. nowadays.

Tiger will be, to me, a Larry Holmes, beating all comers in a deficient era (no swipe at the great Holmes here at all, just facts). Nicklaus IMO is the Ali here, beating opponents of a higher caliber over 2 decades.

vCash

A reasoned argument with merit.

vCash

Thanks, Dscribe

vCash

i can't believe this shit.

this man plays 91 holes in the stiffest set up in golf WITH A BROKEN LEG and WINS and gets no credit. did he not give rocco mediate his due as a competitor ? did he once use the leg as an excuse for rocco doing so well ?

did somebody here compare golf to darts??? in darts you stand at a line and throw. do you have any idea how many different shots you have to master to be a pga winner ? every shot from a different lie, different set of circumstances....

i am not comparing golf to any contact sport....IT IS A SKILL SPORT.

to call it not a sport at all...well next time you pick up the paper to check the results of how mickelson is handling the pressure now that tiger is on the shelf...you will be reading the SPORTS page.

i hear a lot of comments made by all you boxing afficianados about people commenting on boxing with out truly knowing the game...well a lot of you are guilty of that now in regards to golf.

me ...i enjoy watching history being made and i like watching tiger woods making history while others seem to know him well enough to call him a douche??? unbelievable.

greg
    Last edited by gregbeyer; 06-19-2008 at 09:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread