Thread: Tiger Woods is a douche.

vCash

Re: Tiger Woods is a douche.

outta here...

Banned
    vCash

Juvenile?

I was quoting a KISS Song! Maaaan.

Well, the title of the thread did have the word "Douche" in it.

How far could it sink?

I was in it for the chuckles only. But I will bid adieu as well.

Hawk

vCash

So yesterday Tiger shoots 68. Some very lucky things allowed it to happen (the big dying cut on 5, the low, screaming hook on 9, the eagle on 8). It looked like a 72, but he squeezed some strokes out of it, which was good on him. However, if he plays like that all 4 days, unless there is an angel on his shoulder I doubt he can win.

But how about the over-50 set? 66 for Freddie, 67 for 60-year-old Tom watson, Sandy Lyle is only a few more back. I realize the course was set up fairly short yesterday, but that was some amazing stuff.

Personally, rooting hard for Mickelson to pick up a third jacket, and with an opening 67 he's in great position as long as he doesn't "Mickelson" himself the rest of the tournament.

vCash

Once Tiger is in the hunt on the last two days it would be hard to back
    against him. A 68 is two off the lead. I'd love to see him do it.

The old men are staying in the game, though, after all, it is an old mans game

Banned
    vCash

Very nice Call Cliff

Next year when I'm filling out my NCAA brackets, we're each taking a road trip and meeting at a bar and you will be my sage advice on each pick.

Hawk

vCash

I can make golf prognostications with the best of them Hawk, as I know the game. Bouncy Ball is a different story. I would make picks based on who had the most guys that grew up poor.

vCash

Tiger sits at +3, currently one shot above the cut line, at the AT&T, and he has NEVER looked worse. Now that Tiger has realized that he isn't bulletproof personally OR professionally, I do believe the era of domination is over. He will win again, and will almost certainly win more majors. But at 33, I sincerely doubt we'll see him continue dominating anywhere close to the way he did before.

Personally, I am pleased as punch. Hopefully the kids will find a new role model to emulate on the golf course, one who doesn't slam his clubs down, treat everyone around him like dirt, and have every other audible word have four letters. Clearly his whole "new Tiger" spiel was just so much crap - he's the same loathsome jackass he's always been on the golf course.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TKO11
    Hopefully the kids will find a new role model to emulate on the golf course, one who doesn't slam his clubs down, treat everyone around him like dirt, and have every other audible word have four letters. Clearly his whole "new Tiger" spiel was just so much crap - he's the same loathsome jackass he's always been on the golf course.
    I agree with every word, TKO11.

While there are certainly worse human beings than Woods, what he "did" for the game with the fist pumps, the cursing, the club-slamming, his caddie screaming at fans threateningly, and his father bragging that he'd be much bigger than golf ("a link between East and West" or some such words) . . . I could live without.

I'd never tell anybody not to see all the women he wants. But, don't get married. And don't hold yourself out to be better than the known playboys on tour.

I never had much respect for the fact that his father felt a need to nickname his "Eldrick" as "Tiger." The other tour players use their given names.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Frank
    I agree with every word, TKO11.

While there are certainly worse human beings than Woods, what he "did" for the game with the fist pumps, the cursing, the club-slamming, his caddie screaming at fans threateningly, and his father bragging that he'd be much bigger than golf ("a link between East and West" or some such words) . . . I could live without.

I'd never tell anybody not to see all the women he wants. But, don't get married. And don't hold yourself out to be better than the known playboys on tour.

I never had much respect for the fact that his father felt a need to nickname his "Eldrick" as "Tiger." The other tour players use their given names.
    Very good point, Michael. As it is, that clown is going to suffer more down the line.

vCash

there was actually a story behind his father calling him tiger. a service buddy of the old mans was named tiger and had been lost track of so as the story goes his father started calling him that so if the friend ever heard the name tiger and woods together he might get interested and contact the old man.... something like that.

anyway i once defended woods and enjoyed watching him make history and also hoped he would break the majors record. now it is hard to root for a guy that basically shot his career down with his root..... such arrogance is hard to forgive.

greg

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gregbeyer
    there was actually a story behind his father calling him tiger. a service buddy of the old mans was named tiger and had been lost track of so as the story goes his father started calling him that so if the friend ever heard the name tiger and woods together he might get interested and contact the old man.... something like that.

greg
    Hello Greg,

What I read was that the father's service buddy in Vietnam was a little Vietnamese guy who was a tough soldier... and it was old man Woods himself who gave THAT guy the nickname, "Tiger." And then did the same to his baby Eldrick 15-20 years later.

I wonder how many other people he gave that nickname to . . . and if they thought it was kind of gooney or if they liked it. It doesn't really sound "muy macho" to me, having come from the father like that. While I don't knock a guy for how he was born, the old man actually had quite the female-sounding voice. If I had been his neighbor and he came home squeaking that he had just nicknamed his kid "Tiger," I think I would have just burst out laughing.

vCash

actually before woods ever came into prominence my son had a childhood friend that was named tiger. seemed a strange name but what the hell ?

anyway thanx for clarifying that story i knew i didn't have it quite right.

if he blows it at the british i will really start to doubt he ever catches jack.

greg

Banned
    vCash

tiger at press conference for latest tournament

"As for his personal life, Woods spoke mostly in generalities.

"All that really matters is I have two beautiful kids, and I'm trying to be the best dad I can possibly be, and that's the most important thing of all," Woods said."

you can't make this up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789