Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recording to DVD from HBO

vCash

Recording to DVD from HBO

Did anyone try to record last night's Pavlik vs. Lockett card to DVD?

I attempted it, just like I always have, yet last night I got an error message that basically said that it's blocked and that I can't do it. I can still record to VHS from HBO - but not DVD.

I'm wondering if HBO is blocking the ability to record to DVD. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,

TKS

vCash

Re: Recording to DVD from HBO

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Tom
    Did anyone try to record last night's Pavlik vs. Lockett card to DVD?

I attempted it, just like I always have, yet last night I got an error message that basically said that it's blocked and that I can't do it. I can still record to VHS from HBO - but not DVD.

I'm wondering if HBO is blocking the ability to record to DVD. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,

TKS

I just did the transfer from my cable DVR to my DVDR, , and it did fine. PM me if you can't get it to work.

vCash

Tko yes I have had this problem as well, it seems the sony recorders will pick up the blocking signals from Hbo, most people who are recording fights from Hbo say the Panasonic recorders are used best when recording from Hbo. I have a sony recorder and I cannot record anything from Hbo, lately I have been just getting that stuff thru trading. But yes, Hbo has become the grinch who stole recording from collectors, but the best answer here is to go with the Panasonic recorders

I hope this helps you

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by silk degrees
    Tko yes I have had this problem as well, it seems the sony recorders will pick up the blocking signals from Hbo, most people who are recording fights from Hbo say the Panasonic recorders are used best when recording from Hbo. I have a sony recorder and I cannot record anything from Hbo, lately I have been just getting that stuff thru trading. But yes, Hbo has become the grinch who stole recording from collectors, but the best answer here is to go with the Panasonic recorders

I hope this helps you
    I heard that as well.

I use JVC and it's always been good to me.

Banned
    vCash

No problems with my RCA recorder. PeteLeo.

vCash

One more thing I want to add here is if you record from Hbo to vhs, don't get too happy with that because you will find that same dvd recorder will not be able to record from that vhs tape.

The hbo signals carry thru the vhs tapes. I can record to vhs as well by switching wires, but the sony recorders pick up the signals and so transfering tape to dvd is a big no no

vCash

I recorded both HBO and Showtime fights on my DVR and today I transfer them to DVDs on my Toshiba D-VR600KU VCR-DVD Video recorder without any problem.

vCash

I have Sony, Panasonic, JVC and Pioneer DVD recorders. All can record HBO, including last night. The Sony (since others here indicate that's the problem brand) is a 2004 model, supposedly the first model to be able to record both DVD+Rs and DVD-Rs. It was about double the price of other brands/models then, however, so the technology doesn't seem so special, in retrospect.

I wonder if it's the cable company causing the problem--Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner, Roadrunner, etc.

vCash

I had an RCA machine and it was a snap to record all of the HBO shows.

Sadly, the RCA machine went on a permanent fritz.

I bought a Magnavox (Smart, very smart?) and now I've got the issue with not being able to record. VHS works - but not the DVD. It works on most of the other stations, but not HBO.

I did some research into it. There are ways around the issue, but is basically involves spending more money.......

Thanks for the responses guys.

TKS

+ Reply to Thread