Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michael Grant/David Tua

vCash

Michael Grant/David Tua

This is a fight that could have happened as at one time they were the top two cotenders for Lewis's title. Lets say that instead of fighting Lewis they fight each other. I tend to favor Grant, I think Tua was too small an slow and Grant outworks him for the dec.

vCash

Re: Michael Grant/David Tua

This is an epic mismatch....

Once Tuaman had Grant in the corner, he would left paw him so hard
    that Golata would quit at home watching the fight........

Tua KO within 3 rounds

vCash

Tua does to Grant what Lewis did, in less time.

Banned
    vCash

You know

While Tua by KO, early is the logical pick here, Grant PRE- Lewis, was a Pretty decent if not flawed fighter. His Defense was porous and we know about his chin, but he he might present some issues for Tua while it lasted.

Tua was a respected Puncher, so I doubt, Grant would be as lazy or non chalant agianst him as he was agianst Golota. And For all of Tua's power, he was pretty squat and one dimensional. So I doubt Grant would be a intimdated as he was for Lewis.

Tua lands on him, obviously it's over. Can Grant use his enormous physical advantages to frustrate Tua long enough so that Micheal can land leather on David, to get Tua Frustrated?

I don't think so either. And While Grant was able to capitalize on a Huge Pay Per View payday, perhaps fighting Tua might have seasoned him a bit more and built up his confidence so he could have better prepped himself for Lewis.

Or maybe he get's splattered and never makes his big payday.

But with that chin.......logic has to prevail here. Tua's going to land eventually. ANd stop Grant. Dramatically. I say by round 6.

Hawk

vCash

I'm sorry, But I just don"t see it. Yeah Tua hits hard, but he's small, slow and very predictable. Hasim Rahman was able to dicourage Tua from pressing too close, I think Grant would have done the same, only better. I don't see Tua doing anything but plodding behind Grant for the entire fight.

vCash

Grant's defense was always so amateurish, I just can't pick him even though I think Tua's one of the most over-rated fighters of recent years. Sooner or later Tua will land the left hook and Grant's not surviving.

Banned
    vCash

I don't think michael grant should be in anyones fantasy fights.

Banned
    vCash

Good point.

I foresee a bout pretty much in the mold of Grant vs. Dominick Guinn: the bigger, "body beautiful" guy striking poses, threatening, doing his damnedest to look like a real fighter, while the smaller, more "natural," and lazier guy coming to life for a few seconds every third round or so just to let everyone know who the Real real fighter is. Tua, behind on points, by brutal KO in seven or eight. PeteLeo.

vCash

Grant would be removed from the ring on a stretcher.

vCash

I agree with both sides to a certain degree. I do think Grant would last into the late rounds due to his height and reach and athleticism. Remember, Lewis took him out quick, but Lennox is 6'5" with a long reach and fast. Tua is relatively slow, very short with short arms, and plods forward. However, I do think at some point Tua walks him down and blasts him with one of those late rounds haymakers he was so famous for, and Tua was a very good finisher, so I'd have to say Tua by late KO.

+ Reply to Thread