Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Klit vs, Thompson Results & Discussion 7/12/08

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Lil' Klit vs, Thompson Results & Discussion 7/12/08

Wladimir Klitscko Sucks (God, I LOVE that handle!) has volunteered to cover the fight for us. I actually think he's the perfect guy to do it. & with a handle like his I'm sure we can expect a COMPLETELY unbiased report.

LOL!

Anyways, as always please keep all discussion of this fight to this thread. Redundant threads will be deleted.

I wonder what the over/under is on Wlad throwing a right hand before the 5th round?

GorDoom

vCash

Re: Lil' Klit vs, Thompson Results & Discussion 7/12/08

Good afternoon folks, we are awaiting the boxers to enter the ring.

vCash

The Star Spangeled Banner was performed on a fucking Tuba, and the Ukraine anthem on a trumpet. Feels like a funeral not a fight -very weird.

vCash

thompson looks confident, hopefully he won't lay down like Austin. Introductions are now over.

vCash

Klitschko's hairline appears to be receeding badly.

1st Round starts:
    Thompson jabbing, Klitschko sizing him up and firing the 1-2, then clinching. Thompson looks like hes not impressed. WK pawing like he always does and backing up and clinching when it works. Thompson lands a beutiful straight left that WK takes. Now WK clinching and leaning in. No poise. WK lands to the body and then lands a right, Thompson takes it. WK throwing a 1-2 then clinching. Tompson wants to fight! Tompson much taller than I thought he was, no wlands a left and is constandly pressuring him.

Thompsons round.

WKS

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

I just moved & don't have my sattelite hooked up so I can't actually see the fight but from what WKS described it sounds like Lil' Klit might actually be in the ring with a live body that actually has a pulse.

GorDoom

vCash

Round2:

Thompson went down, appeared to hurt his ankle or something, Cortez called it a slip. WK wants to make it a MMA fight. Wladimir showing aggressiveness which is a nice change, he feels like he has TT hurt. decent stuff from WK, throwing lot's of rights that are landing, but TT is taking them. Cortez is an asshole. WK cut above the right eye, from TT's punches, and TT is cut too, from WK's constant headbutting. WK is clinching relentlesley. Good drama.

This reminds me of the Touch of Sleep fight.

Even round,

WKS

tedsares

d
    Last edited by tedsares; 07-28-2008 at 07:14 PM.

vCash

Round three:

TT starts aggressively, WK running like a fucking bitch. Throwing ineffective punches that the crowds is jizzing itself over. TT more controlled and complete, and relaxed. TT is a natural right hander, lampley reveals, though he fights south paw. Cortez geting in the way as usual. WK unloading with stupid punches that do no damage. WKs cut appears to be under control, TT's is still bleeing a big more,
    Replays reveal that WK's cut was caused by a punch.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Ted:

Yeah, he's been with us for going on 2 years now. I've never dialogued with him but I've always loved his snarky 'tude. & when he volunteered to cover this fight I said to myself, "How fucking perfect is that, or what?"

GorDoom

vCash

Roun4:

Lederman has it 2-1 klitschko, and i disagree. He points out the ring is Huge.

The entire crowd is white people.

TT lands a good overhand right, but K fighting back well. He doesn't have the scared rabbit look hes had in the past, a nice change. TT talking trash to WK and calling him a bitch. WK lands a goot 1-2 that stops TT in his tracks. Great bodyshots by TT! WK shakes it off, but his lats are red. TT stalking. Merchant acknowledges that WK is a shitty body puncher.

Thompsons round. I see this as one sided but competitive.

vCash

Round 5!

TT using his lanky arms and long reach to pepper WK rom afar, WK's mouth is wide open. I think it's a matter of time before TT lands the goodnight punch, or i hope. WK is measureing TT, which is illegal, though Cortez does nothing. TT bnging to the body, putting money in the bank. WK bothered by TTs awkward style. Thompson is 6 foot 5, lampley says, just as tall as WK. TT banging to the body again, great work in this round by TT, his best round since the first. Academic.

TT's round,

WKS

tedsares

[
    Last edited by tedsares; 07-28-2008 at 07:14 PM.

vCash

The corner is pitiful, seems liek a pep talk from Stewart.

Round six:
    Lampley says klitschko is landing harder punches, and i don't agree. TT starts the sixth with more body work, WK misses a left hook badly. TT has found a home with the body of WK. WK lands a good right that snaps TT head back. TT patient, and relaxed, and throws another body punch that lands. Now bashing WK's head, but WK taking it well. WK clinches not once, but twice. Again. TT wants to fight. Goot left to the chin by TT, WK ansewers with a right that the crowd wets themselves over. TT takes it well.

Close round,

Replays are very generous to WK, he lands well.

WKS

vCash

They suck, they suck!!!

vCash

Round 7:

Lederman has it 5-1 Klitschko, which i think is a stretch. I have TT ahead.

WK starting strong, though breathing hard. TT is laing on the ropes. WK's comfort level increasing, though TT still banging to the body. TT holding up the guard well, WK looking at the clock! WK picking his spots and being more effective this round, TT happy to counterpunch. Blood coming from TTs right eye again.

First convincing round WK has won,

WKS

vCash

ROund 8:

Stewart convincing WK that TT will now 'fall apart,' again seems like a peptalk.

LL thinks TT took the last round off. WK aggressive which is nice. WK loose and relaxed now, landing strait rights. If tT had power this would be over, he just has none. Good jab by TT, but this was unfortunately WKs round.

WKS

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Frank:

Their Heavyweights. Of COURSE they suck.But our reporter, Wladimir Klitschko Sucks sure doesn't. He's good.

GorDoom

vCash

round (

Compubox shows that TT is landing more, but lampley shruggs it off as 'ineffective'. Cortez fixing the tap on TT's gloves. Lampley and LL are suggesting that TT needs to start a brawl. WK shakes off a few punches that TT lands. Both guys missing alot. WK clinching after missing. TT looks like hes run out of ideas. Lampley and LL think TT has a 'sparring partner mentality' as he was WKs sparring partner at one time.

WK'd round,

WKS.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GorDoom
    Frank:

Their Heavyweights. Of COURSE they suck.But our reporter, Wladimir Klitschko Sucks sure doesn't. He's good.

GorDoom

Agree that sucks is good.

vCash

WK is winning, but makes a lot of mistakes, TT seems unwilling or unable to exploit them though.

UK TV has WK well ahead by the way.

vCash

Tony the tiger? NO!, more like Tony the pussy cat!!

vCash

Round 10:

Lederman has it 8 to 1, WK.

No action a minute into the round. TT banging to the body. Im going to tke the rest of the round off and get another beer,

WKS

vCash

round 11

TT can land but WK does not respect his power. The crowd is whistleing. WK attacking hard, i don't think he fears TTs power. WK lands a huge right hand that knocks down TT, and TT gets up at 9, but Cortez calls it off anyway.

WK TKO11 TT,

WKS

Administrator
    vCash

Once again, HBO ignores Ruslan Chagaev, instead showing that Wladimir Klitschko's "future opponents" are: Peter, Valuev, Povetkin, and.......Chris Arreola [?????????].

vCash

Compubox shows that TT outlanded WK by 40 punches and landed at a better percentage.

Good night everyone,

WKS

vCash

Compu box did not mean dick in this fight, Klit was landing the sharper punches and controlling most of the fight. Thompson, looking like he was fighting under water, was actually outlasted by Klit !! This was an incredibly frustrating fight to watch with Klit looking so beatable and mechanical but the sloooooow plodding Thompson unable to do anything to capitalize on Klit's many mistakes.

Also Cortez alowing absolutely no in-fighting, I guess because the home fighter can't fight on the inside at all.

And did I mention that the fight sucked to an 11 on the 10-point suck scale.

I have to believe that Povetkin will walk all over Klit, at least Povetkin gets his punches off and he throws in bunches.

vCash

I ignore Chagaev also considering he cant seem to cross the street without postponing a fight due to injury or illness...

vCash

So Klit, bleeding, comes from behind against a young, talented opponent who came into the bout in shape, unafraid and motivated to fight and demonstrates stamina, heart and late round power to knock him out ... doesn't sound like he sucks to me but I'm sure some stunning hotties will be su-king him tonight ... how about some credit for a gutsy performance ? I thought not ...

vCash

Isn't there anybody out there who can zero in on that Klit chin and start us a new era?

I fear not - and the mundane beat goes on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast